CSO drop nights

dsul413 is right, the classification of the U-28 mission has changed recently, but no one (including myself) really wants to be the first one kicked in the nuts for talking about stuff on the internet. There is more info out there both SIPR obviously as well as unclass now if you're really interested and take the time to do the looking.

BL is that IMHO the U-28 has a great mission and the CSO gets to do a lot of things that are somewhat unique when compared to what a nav/EWO/WSO typically does on other platforms.

Congrats on that last drop, that looked really, really legit all around. If any of the U-28 dudes are on here from that class, PM me if you want more info ahead of getting your orders to HRT.

Agreed. I certainly don't want to be.

Same goes for me, feel free to hit me up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was actually a pretty disappointing drop for a lot of people. There were quite a few that ended up with something that wasn't even on their list.

Sucks for them but man, pretty much no one has room to complain too much. Of the 21 assignments given out, 16 of them I'd rate pretty highly based on knowing dudes sitting in all those places and airframes. Not sure what those guys wanted but hopefully people will be pleasantly surprised...

It was actually a pretty disappointing drop for a lot of people. There were quite a few that ended up with something that wasn't even on their list.

SNAN

Any of the three AC's coming to the W?

I believe one of them was.

Sucks for them but man, pretty much no one has room to complain too much. Of the 21 assignments given out, 16 of them I'd rate pretty highly based on knowing dudes sitting in all those places and airframes. Not sure what those guys wanted but hopefully people will be pleasantly surprised...

I think more than anything people were just really surprised. We had people that wanted Buffs and RC-135's which are generally available if you want them. The Buff guys ended up getting AC-130's so they are excited about a great airframe, just surprised that they didn't get Buffs.

I'm curious what the five airframes or places are that you wouldn't rate highly?

• 3 weeks later...

12-11's Drop:

4x B-52

2x B-1

3x F-15E

1x EC-130 (NAV)

2x KC-135

4x C-130 (2 Little Rock, 1 Peterson, 1 Yokota)

4x RC-135 (2 EWO, 2 NAV)

1x U-28

2x MC-130 (1 Kadena EWO, 1 Guard Duke Field EWO)

Most of the class got their first or second choice. We were all pretty pleased.

• Upvote 1