CSO drop nights

With the BUFF, it's dropped as a Nav/EWO position. It says "CSO", the only other aircraft that say that are the U-28 and (I think, I'm pretty sure I've seen it both ways: CSO and Nav/EWO) the MC-130J. There's a push from the flt/cc for the grad to be Nav or EWO based on proficiency/request/personality/the phase of the moon, but it's dependant on what the FTU class needs from what I understand. Like if there's only EWO slots left in the next B-course... But you enter the FTU knowing you'll be living upstairs or downstairs.

Also I'm pretty sure that was a Talon EWO drop, not a Nav.

Edited for clarity. Amazing how bad your writing is when you've just woken up.

Edited by attakmint

Did someone drop MC-130H ie. Talon II Nav straight out of the schoolhouse? That did not used to be allowed...

I don't know the individual personally, but that is what the slide said at drop night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Class 14-14

MC-130 (Not sure if Nav or EWO or which base)

AWACS

JSTARS

U-28 (Hurlburt)

RC-135 EWO x 4

RC-135 NAV x 2

F-15E x 4

BONE x 3

EC-130 EWO x 2

C-130 x 2(Both either guard or reserve)

It was a great drop night, everyone seemed to love the drop. More EWO slots than there normally are.

Edited by CDAWG
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was the one that dropped the Talon II in 14-13. It was an EWO slot, and I was well aware of it; was my # 1.The only NAV's that are allowed to come through T2 school house have prior experience (mostly slick guys).

As for the Buff guys, they are dropping CSO and then they find out what position they get a few weeks after graduation (most got their position in SERE about 3 weeks after graduation).

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know how long it takes to upgrade to Nav on a Talon? I'm in 15-03 and we drop next month. I had MCs second on my list, but I'm not interested in EWO at all.

With an attitude like that I'd guess it would take longer than you'd be around the community.

The community is very small and guys who get chosen to crosstrain and sit left seat have been watched like a hawk for some time and have a great reputation in the right seat. The goal isn't to dual-qual everyone, but rather to make a CSO who can kick ass at both jobs, not someone mediocre in both or one seat. That's how planes crash. If you aren't interested in both jobs (which are integral to the airplane's mission), I'd seek employment elsewhere.

With respect, my attitude is one of knowing what I want to do with my career. I'm not familiar with the Talon community which is why I asked the question. I don't do anything half-ass in regards to my career, but your input does help me make a better decision moving forward, and for that I thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Class 15-10 drop

2x B-1B Dyess AFB (myself included !)

2x F-15E Seymour-Johnson AFB

3x RC-135 Offutt AFB

MC-130J Cannon AFB

2x U-28 Hurlburt AFB

EC-130H Davis-Monthan AFB

E-3 Tinker AFB

E-8 Robins AFB

Everyone got something around their top 5 so we're all pretty stoked.

Edited by HIgrown
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

15-14 (OFF MEMORY)

EC-130 x3 Nav, EWO

F-15E x3

B-1B x2

RC-135 EWO

AC-130W CSO

MC-130H EWO

MC-130J CSO

C-130  (USAFR)

HC-130 (USAFR)

C-146 (ANG)

E-8 NAV

B-52 x2 (EWO, WSO)

U-28 CSO

15-15

B-52 x6 (5 WSO, EWO)

F-15E x3

B-1B 

U-28 

E-3 x2 NAV

E-8 x2 NAV

EC-130 x3 NAV

RC-135 EWO

MC-130H EWO

C-130H x3 (ANG)

Edited by Drizzie
Misspeaks on AC-130W (J) and HC-130J... sorry, I was going off memory with someone from those classes helping me out. Good catch all.

• 2 weeks later...