Squadron Bar Ideas

Guest C/Prince

Guest C/Prince

I'm a cadet who's PAS has tasked him with turning the Detachment's Cadet lounge into something resembling a squadron bar. I was hoping to get some ideas from real life bars, so if any pilots wanted to share pictures of what their squadron's looks like, I would be much obliged. Thanks.

Bring these in and let everyone know that this what you've got in mind...

post-1551-128097646039_thumb.jpg

614th TFS Lucky Devils

Phan Rang AB, Vietnam 1967

post-1551-12809766436_thumb.jpg

Here's a better shot of the squadron artwork, seen at their '06 Reunion.

post-1551-128097769271_thumb.jpg

Since the Air Force likes to think that "heritage" is important to them,

it shouldn't be difficult to press through...

Edited by MKopack

re·sem·ble   [ri-zem-buhl] Show IPA

–verb (used with object), -bled, -bling.

1. to be like or similar to.

2. Archaic . to liken or compare.

Therefore I suggest you inform your PAS that your task is impossible unless he authorizes and uses Det funds to procure an actual bar, popcorn machine, and of course a kegerator to name a few. Throw in some of the above artwork and you are well on your way. Of course he will decline at which you say "Well Sir, this is an organization that trains young folks in the profession of arms. A profession that does not benefit from short cuts or satisfying with 'second best' or 'good enough.'Therefore I regret to inform you that I will be unable to fulfill my obligation in an effort to uphold the proud traditions of not only the Air Force, but those of all the men and women who proudly served before me."

Something along those lines but you get the idea. I'm afraid you have been dealt a losing hand. Got to give the guy props for trying though. My PAS was too concerned with preaching the 4 pillars of a balanced life and cross country skiing to work in the middle of the North Dakota winter. Good Luck!

Guest Raptor08

@C/Prince

I'm a pencil artist and if you would like to have any original artwork like say, an aircraft, symbol, or mascot done I can do it for a minimal price. I know artwork is very popular in squadron bars and I think it would help with the authenticity.

Here is a sample:F-22 18" x 22"

PM me if you're interested and to see more samples. Just FYI I have drawings up at several AF Bases as well as in the hands of retired military members.

• 10 years later...

Greetings,

MASSIVE 10-year thread bump, but it seems like the most appropriate and I didn't want to start a new thread for this. I'm an artist and just starting my side-hustle selling high quality art prints of military aircraft that I want to offer to Baseops members. While my shop is relatively new and I'm still adding more prints I have many available now and I'm doing a special discount for BODN users and military/veterans. Pencil drawings are great ways to help show off your storied career and make nice additions to your wall/office, and squadron bar!

Follow the link below and get 20% off any print, just enter the code BASEOPSDOTNET under Coupons. I also have a few originals available if anyones interested.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/redwolfillustrations

(And yes the previous post was actually me on my first account)

F-16 5x7 print.jpg

F-35 5x7 Print.jpg

A-10 Euro Print Final.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Appreciate the feedback, I've gotten requests for all of those airframes in the past and planning on eventually doing each one. As of now I've got an Apache, Hornet, Viper, T-6, and P-51 planned for the short term. Admittedly I've neglected heavies over the years which I will try and make up for.

I just added a few more prints to my Etsy page with over a dozen still in the works. Make sure to use the 20% off code if you order something!

I'll try not to spam this thread with every print I do but heres a few more examples (last one was a commission for a change of command):

A-4M Skyhawk VMA214 Print Small.jpg

f_15e_commission_modified_by_raptorguy 2.jpg

A-10 Grey 2010 5x7 Print.jpg

60914009_847138045662293_5995540407197410347_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Fly4five said:

Definitely do a KC135, she's old but still getting the job done

Sent from my SM-G973U using Baseops Network mobile app

The old Boeing workhorse is definitely on the list! I'm guessing it will be around for awhile?

7 hours ago, HossHarris said:

Just like BQZip’s mom

Haven't seen this classic thrown around on here since the Rainman days

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Sketch said:

The old Boeing workhorse is definitely on the list! I'm guessing it will be around for awhile?

Haven't seen this classic thrown around on here since the Rainman days

An oldie but a goodie!!

• Like 1

So just want to get a gauge, what airframes would you guys be interested in seeing drawings of? Besides the 135 and U-2 obviously (those legends are mandatory 😎)

Couple more:

1046963773_AT-38CSmall.thumb.jpg.e6fb8ec83e53163efcfd87d485b3568a.jpg

F-16 85th TES Small 2.jpg

Col Peris Drawing Large.jpg

Edited by Sketch
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Sketch said:

So just want to get a gauge, what airframes would you guys be interested in seeing drawings of? Besides the 135 and U-2 obviously (those legends are mandatory 😎)

Couple more:

1046963773_AT-38CSmall.thumb.jpg.e6fb8ec83e53163efcfd87d485b3568a.jpg

F-16 85th TES Small 2.jpg

Col Peris Drawing Large.jpg

B-1

WWII warbirds - B-17, B-25, P-51, F-4U

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, pawnman said:

B-1

WWII warbirds - B-17, B-25, P-51, F-4U

B-1 is in the works, my goal is to make it to where I can add custom nose art to the prints

I did this one of Sentimental Journey many years ago when I was still in school. Will definitely be doing more WWII stuff in the future, starting with a P-51 next year

6 hours ago, Stitch said:

Love the near photo like quality of this art. Excellent work.  

Thanks Stitch! Its a long and hard (sts) process requiring many months of work, but I believe they need to be technically accurate since any inaccuracies will stand out like a sore thumb to you guys who fly/maintain them

B17 5x7 Print copy.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hello again Baseops Users,

I've added a few new prints and restocks to my Etsy shop focusing on high quality, technically accurate pencil drawings of modern fighters. I've also reinstated the special 20% discount code I offered over Christmas for Baseops members indefinitely. I'm planning on attending some airshows on the West Coast later this year (such as DM) so I hope to see some of you there. The coupon will apply in-person as well.

Lots more prints coming this year including a Viper, Legacy Hornet, T-38, and even a BMW for you car people.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/redwolfillustrations?coupon=BASEOPSDOTNET

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3