C-17 Down on Elmendorf

uhhello

Guest spuds

A sad day. News you never want to wake up to. Prayers to the crew and families.

Edited by spuds

There's a little more info in the CSAF Ops Update on SIPRNET. There's a link to the USAF Ops Group web site on the BaseOps page if you need help finding the brief.

To the crew! :salut:

Airshow practice? Really? What a waste.

I watched the KC-135 hit the dirt at Fairchild. That seemed like a waste of lives to me. This no less so 23 years later. Tough stuff for the unit and the families.

Him him.

Airshow practice? Really? What a waste.

I watched the KC-135 hit the dirt at Fairchild. That seemed like a waste of lives to me. This no less so 23 years later. Tough stuff for the unit and the families.

Him him.

:beer::beer::beer::beer: to the Elmo crew..

The Fairchild incidents were the first that came to mind - I had just left to go to Castle for upgrade school when the "Thunderhawk" crash happened..ironically enough the Bomb Squadron was having the monthly Flight Safety meeting (typical Friday fare for the time) when it happened. My nav was outside watching the show and was able to dive behind a dumpster just in time...and as BQZip said, no Czar 52 comparisions yet. Tragedies all...godspeed

Sad thing to read. I'm from Alaska, got my commission up there at UAA, and was at the C-17 squadron a couple months before I left for Whiting.

Prayers for friends family and the crew members. Just puts things in perspective.

:beer::beer::beer::beer:

Thanks to the crew for their service!