Cross into the Blue?

Guest bjames

Guest bjames

So after a quick search I came up with very little about ROTC orientation or what my future det is calling "Cross into the Blue" ours is two days long from 8:00 to 4:00 and I'm curious about what we are gonna do those two days. I guess I'm just excited and don't want to wait another month to find out. I want to be ahead of the curve and start out on the right foot, so maybe some tips on what will be expected of us the first two days wouldn't hurt either.

So after a quick search I came up with very little about ROTC orientation or what my future det is calling "Cross into the Blue" ours is two days long from 8:00 to 4:00 and I'm curious about what we are gonna do those two days. I guess I'm just excited and don't want to wait another month to find out. I want to be ahead of the curve and start out on the right foot, so maybe some tips on what will be expected of us the first two days wouldn't hurt either.

Bring anal lube.

• Upvote 1

Everyone does it differently (sts). You'll probably have better luck asking your det instead of random people on the Internet.

It's probably like my Det's "Preflight". It's usually nothing intense, just busy activities to get you acquainted with your fellow GMC and POC leadership before school starts. If you want to get ahead, just research the AFROTC website and start picking up on these terms and acronyms, maybe even do some research on basic marching skills. You can find an Air Force Drill and Ceremonies manual online and scope it out if you are really bored, otherwise you'll learn all that during the semester. To be honest, AFROTC is kind of a crawl, walk, run type of program. Depending on how involved you are that can get mixed up, but it's up to you.

I want to be ahead of the curve and start out on the right foot, so maybe some tips on what will be expected of us ... wouldn't hurt either.

Here is a tip - enjoy being a normal, civilian person for a while. I've belonged to the Man for 11 years, and in that time the AF has progressively taken up more and more of each day.

Enjoy your freedom for a while. Take a trip, do something crazy, fall in love for a month.

You know what, that's probably good advice for all of college. Enjoy it, try hard to get what you want out of ROTC, but enjoy your freedom! One day you'll be in the Deid, staring wistfully at a fat girl in a PT uniform. At that moment you can either look back on your life and wish you'd had more fun in college with non-ROTC people, or you'll have precious memories to enjoy in the quiet of your own mold filled trailer room.

Guest bjames

Thanks guys, sounds like it's not gonna take to much preparation I may call one of the NCOs or try and get a hold of someone who is already at the detachment. I think I'm gonna pass on the whole section of ROTC that requires anal lube.... I'm just not that committed...

Here is a tip - enjoy being a normal, civilian person for a while. I've belonged to the Man for 11 years, and in that time the AF has progressively taken up more and more of each day.

Enjoy your freedom for a while. Take a trip, do something crazy, fall in love for a month.

You know what, that's probably good advice for all of college. Enjoy it, try hard to get what you want out of ROTC, but enjoy your freedom! One day you'll be in the Deid, staring wistfully at a fat girl in a PT uniform. At that moment you can either look back on your life and wish you'd had more fun in college with non-ROTC people, or you'll have precious memories to enjoy in the quiet of your own mold filled trailer room.

Believe me I'm not the type to not live out my college life I'm just gonna try and get as much as I can out of ROTC as well. That's why I decided against even applying for the academy.

Which Det is this "Cross into the Blue" Operation being held at?

It's Det 820 at Texas Tech

I think I'm gonna pass on the whole section of ROTC that requires anal lube.... I'm just not that committed...

I think you may be SOL, 'cause that's pretty much the whole program...

Good luck to you though

I think you may be SOL, 'cause that's pretty much the whole program...

Good luck to you though

Yeah, but take it this way...if the USAF asked you to put on a yellow speedo and make snow angels while singing "I'm a little teapot" in order to go fly jets, would you do it? Just play the parts that are a game and play to win.

Guest bjames

Yeah, but take it this way...if the USAF asked you to put on a yellow speedo and make snow angels while singing "I'm a little teapot" in order to go fly jets, would you do it? Just play the parts that are a game and play to win.

Yep I sure would... I just wish it was that easy, but I'm ready to fight for a slot and be able to say that I earned it.

New student orientation is designed to give brand new freshman that have no idea about the military a quick taste of ROTC. Usually, it's mostly fun "retention" stuff (we did paintballing, ropes course, etc). There's some reg somewhere that specifically states that orientation cannot be super intense, boot camp style. Bottom line: don't worry about it.

Guest bjames

New student orientation is designed to give brand new freshman that have no idea about the military a quick taste of ROTC. Usually, it's mostly fun "retention" stuff (we did paintballing, ropes course, etc). There's some reg somewhere that specifically states that orientation cannot be super intense, boot camp style. Bottom line: don't worry about it.

Oh, I'm not worried about it I'm kinda excited. I hope we do stuff like that it'd make sense with it being two days, all I know for sure is that we are gonna be issued our uniforms.

What reg is that?

Guest Zerohour

im a 400 at texas tech. i can tell you exactly what your doing

1.paperwork

2.uniforms

3.tour of the det/campus

4.paperwork

6.profit

@ Zerohour, our Cadre agreed to adjust the schedules to reduce ppwk time this year, in the past it has always been a 4+ hour ordeal. Not sure if ya'lls is that bad, but I've got some ideas to help out if so. (I'm a 400 at ERAU-DB)

Guest bjames

im a 400 at texas tech. i can tell you exactly what your doing

1.paperwork

2.uniforms

3.tour of the det/campus

4.paperwork

6.profit

Ok awesome, definitely looking forward to the paperwork :bash: but I guess I better get used to it.. The blank five kinda makes me nervous and I'm not sure what "profit" is. Is it wrong that even with paperwork on there twice I'm still excited?

Guest Zerohour

basically its going to be a boring day you wont do anything but paperwork and get your blues uniform. probably meet your flight commander and all that. i highly doubt u will go from 8am to 3pm for 2 days, probably the first day they will get you through in a couple hours.

Start thinking if you want to join any organizations, im in AAS here at tech and we have a candidacy every semester which basically like a military fraternity, if your up for the challenge and hard work you should look into it. Also if you are looking to get into any non rotc organizations i suggest doing rush for a IFC fraternity, i did my freshman year and i dont regret any minute of it. I have tons of non rotc friends and fraternity brothers. And good candidate brothers for life when i went through AAS candidacy with them.

Edited by Zerohour