Cannon AFB

Guest mil1

Last time I checked, anyone living in the dorms are JUNIOR enlisted in the MILITARY. A 0400 dorm inspection wouldn't even register on the "things to bitch about" radar of CGOs in the other services....in fact it would probably be the CGOs conducting the inspections.

Screw with people for no reason, you will go far in the USAF...I bet you are really good at measuring sock height.

I guess we see life and service differently, everyone is working hard these days and I think if you woke up 600 CGOs at 0400 on a Saturday night to search their room, we might hear some bitching.

• Upvote 2

Screw with people for no reason, you will go far in the USAF...I bet you are really good at measuring sock height.

I guess we see life and service differently, everyone is working hard these days and I think if you woke up 600 CGOs at 0400 on a Saturday night to search their room, we might hear some bitching.

Way to twist my words.

So you know for a fact there was no reason for a dorm inspection? That the Wing leadership was just "screwing with people for no reason"?

I'm not saying dorm inspections just for shits and giggles are ok - that's bullshit. But I have to believe that the WG/CC and Command Chief weren't just sitting around on Friday going, "Hey, what are you doing tomorrow night? Wanna go fuck with some airmen?"

All I'm saying is without the whole picture I'm not ready to condemn someone based on conjecture posted on BO.net.

And you're right - 600 CGOs getting their room searched at 0400 would be bullshit - because they're not 18 year olds who just graduated high school and are living away from their parents for the first time ever.

Now if you'll excuse me I have some sock checks to do.

I forgot that 18 year old Airmen are entitled to their beauty rest.

Last time I checked, anyone living in the dorms are JUNIOR enlisted in the MILITARY. A 0400 dorm inspection wouldn't even register on the "things to bitch about" radar of CGOs in the other services....in fact it would probably be the CGOs conducting the inspections.

WTF does anything you've typed have to do with AF airmen? Or being a productive LEADER to them? Every dude on here would blow their roofs if we were treated that way, especially if you were stationed at the shithole that is Cannon. So you've got a bunch of young airmen, at a locale with zero morale, and you wake them up at 0400 on a weekend to ###### with them more? For what cause? Can you not see why anyone with a reasonable chance to jump ship ASAP would do so?

Way to twist my words.

So you know for a fact there was no reason for a dorm inspection? That the Wing leadership was just "screwing with people for no reason"?

I'm not saying dorm inspections just for shits and giggles are ok - that's bullshit. But I have to believe that the WG/CC and Command Chief weren't just sitting around on Friday going, "Hey, what are you doing tomorrow night? Wanna go ###### with some airmen?"

All I'm saying is without the whole picture I'm not ready to condemn someone based on conjecture posted on BO.net.

And you're right - 600 CGOs getting their room searched at 0400 would be bullshit - because they're not 18 year olds who just graduated high school and are living away from their parents for the first time ever.

He didn't have to twist them. Your view on junior enlisted is why there is a held disdain for many in the officer corps. There are 168 hours in a week, and they chose the absolute worst hour to run this kind of event. Think what you will, but unless there were realistic and believable last-minute reports of an unknown populous at the dorms using drugs, this was a bullshit move. And since no one has mentioned mass drug tests, I'm assuming that wasn't the case.

I guarantee no one notified the dorm residents as to why their last day of the weekend was ######ed up, either. If you think that's alright, I'm guessing you've somehow acquired the notion that you are far better and more deserving than the troops we're supposed to lead.

• Upvote 1

AF Sec Forces doing taser training... Hmmm, seems like having it clipped to your clothing would hurt less than multiple barbs being shot into your skin.

Enroute to Cannon in 2 days. Besides avoiding getting tased in Destin this weekend, anybody have last minute advice? We're stopping in San Antonio to find out on 1 Oct if the Air Force is being sold for scraps and we should just turn around.

Edited by Fozzy Bear

The abnormally huge amount of rain we've been having has caused a lot of things that are supposed to be dead to be spewing pollen, ragweed, etc at a ridiculous rate. If you know that a certain allergy medication works for you, I'd start taking it now. It's like the whole base has a case of the sniffles . . .

Way to twist my words.

I'm not saying dorm inspections just for shits and giggles are ok - that's bullshit. But I have to believe that the WG/CC and Command Chief weren't just sitting around on Friday going, "Hey, what are you doing tomorrow night? Wanna go fuck with some airmen?"

If the raid didn't produce any results like drug use, underage drinking, etc the it is bullshit.

I know McChord does an occasional surprise "Health and Welfare" Check of the enlisted dorms, its a Saturday but its usually like 0630-0700 in the morning. Talking with my leadership they usually don't find much except a maybe an underage drinking or last night's hookup still there.

When I see culture differences like this it's really hard to think that you once used to be Army.

0400 Sunday health and welfare in an enlisted dorm in garrison/tradoc? That used to be a pay period activity in some units. Typically a battalion worth of leadership on hand to see exactly what the troopers were doing. It's a top level check of troops as well as first line NCO's. Is it annoying, sure but so is pissing in a cup every few months. Thing is that we catch a lot of stupid shit and it immediately becomes a handled problem. It also determines that while Pfc Knutfukker needs to be chartered out of the Army for ____, that his squad leader who was ignoring the problem isn't ready for more responsibility.

Now needless shakedown of combat crews and officers who should be afforded the respect befitting their station... Yeah that's a bit stupid. But hey it's happening in Korea at Humpheys right now so hey back to Garrison we go.

0400 Sunday health and welfare in an enlisted dorm in garrison/tradoc? That used to be a pay period activity in some units.

Then I'm glad it isn't anymore. I've asked a few E's in my unit who were right in the middle of this, and they said the only illicit activity found was underage drinking. Big whoop, plus can you really blame dudes in their situation for boozing? Unless some major piece of this story hasn't made it to my ears, the inspection was a bullsh1t move and one more morale-killer around here.

they said the only illicit activity found was underage drinking. Big whoop, plus can you really blame dudes in their situation for boozing? Unless some major piece of this story hasn't made it to my ears, the inspection was a bullsh1t move and one more morale-killer around here.

If so, stay away from Dyess as an assignment. In the last 6 months or so, most, if not all of the underage drinking incidents have gone to court martial. This includes the underage drinker and the person that supplied the alcohol.

If so, stay away from Dyess as an assignment. In the last 6 months or so, most, if not all of the underage drinking incidents have gone to court martial. This includes the underage drinker and the person that supplied the alcohol.

Sounds like a great opportunity for jury nullification.