looking for record of relative killed in WW2

Guest FAFTS

On 5/10/2010 at 4:39 AM, Guest FAFTS said:

Unfortunately, there's no more history listed there, but this gives me a starting point for more detailed research.

As I said, the middle initial is different from what I was told, but my family is from the northeast and he's the only Sherman Dodge listed in that database. From what I've been able to find in the last few minutes, the 331st also bombed Schweinfurt on the day he died. I'll have to call Grandma tomorrow for more information on her cousin and visit the local NARA branch soon.

Huh! Looks like my possible relative and MKopack's are pretty close to each other. Small world.

Many thanks again, guys! I started out just mildly curious, but now I think I'll have to dig into this much deeper. He's the only relative I know of who died in combat. I think I'd like to know more about him.

I have found a photo of the graves of pilots in my father's papers. This photo was taken in Lorraine (I think it is Toul) and dated 1st november 1943. My father was a french pilot trained during XX2 in the USA.

Xavier Cailmail_oxmsl65L5_rjnUa0_KrH6J6J41-_PLDaBnK7glO