UAV (RPA) Operators to Recieve Flight Pay

So if these Pred operators are rated...do they have to go to SERE? Cause that chance of getting captured in Las Vegas is huge.

You know the no-shit rated guys out of UPT don't have to go to sere right? Personally I think it blows because when they get their follow-ons guess who gets to play class leader?

Is the job really that dangerous? Isn't it all perspective? you don't think it's really that dangerous or you wouldn't do it. Other people think it's dangerous and that's what gets you beers/laid/respect at your HS reunion.

You really don't think your job is dangerous? I scare the shit out of myself at least once a week... thats what makes it fun! And I thought I got laid at my HS reunion because I was just so dang good looking.

Yeah, but for some reason all of the Army helo dudes down here at Rucker are absolutely convinced that we (Air Force pilots) are getting paid some kind of annual "incentive" bonus pay in the ball park of 15K. When I tell them that we don't, I get a "yeah right, I know better" kind of look. Like I'm hiding our good deal from them!

It's amazing what the rumor mill can produce, I get asked this at least once a week... usually in between the army guys sneakily looking around before asking me how they can get into the Air Force and fly hueys and not deploy.

They must be thinking of that pilot continuation bonus after your commitment is up...you know, the ones pilots and ABMs get, but they stopped giving to Navs while I was in flight school?

Below is what was sent out by our AF Pay Policy Office:

OFFICERS: The authority to establish Aviation Incentive Pay (AVIP) for RPA pilots was granted by OUSD (P&R) memorandum dated November 27, 2009. Pilots are to be paid this incentive pay at the rates already established for ACIP, but the entitlement is paid as Assignment Incentive Pay (AIP). The years of aviation service and monthly amounts are provided in Table 1, Current Monthly RPA Pilot Incentive Pay Rates, immediately below this paragraph. The rates are not expected to exceed the $650.00/month rate because the AVIP program will be undergoing a major revision in the next year or so.

Table 1. Current Monthly RPA Pilot Incentive Pay Rates

Years of Aviation Service Monthly Amount

2 or less 125

Over 2 years 156

Over 3 years 188

Over 4 years 206

Over 6 years 650

ENLISTED MEMBERS: Authority to pay RPA sensor operators (enlisted) was granted on January 29, 2010. The sensor operators will be paid using the rates in effect for Career Enlisted Flight Incentive Pay (CEFIP), but paid as AIP. The rates and years of aviation service for RPA sensor operators are provided in Table 1, Current Monthly RPA Sensor Operator Incentive Pay Rates, immediately below this paragraph and range from $150.00 and $400.00 per month, depending on years of aviation service.

Table 1. Current Monthly RPA Sensor Operator Incentive Pay Rates

Years of Aviation Service Monthly Amount

4 or less 150

Over 4 years 225

Over 8 years 350

Over 14 years 400

The Host Aviation Resource Management (HARM) office will initiate the CMS cases to DFAS to get the members paid. The entitlement will be reflected on the MMPA, for both officers and enlisted members, as an 09 entry, FID 30, Save Pay type “G”, and all will reflect a pay grade of 09. This specific information, including the grade, makes it easier to track and properly account for the payments.

As I stated, there is no FSO or AFFSC processing required; just wanted you and your bases to have the information on the entitlement effective dates and where to look on the MMPA in case there are questions/problems.

The rates are not expected to exceed the $650.00/month rate because the AVIP program will be undergoing a major revision in the next year or so.

Care to explain what this major revision will entail?

You know the no-shit rated guys out of UPT don't have to go to sere right? Personally I think it blows because when they get their follow-ons guess who gets to play class leader?

You really don't think your job is dangerous? I scare the shit out of myself at least once a week... thats what makes it fun! And I thought I got laid at my HS reunion because I was just so dang good looking.

Wow! Im glad I don't fly with you. I've had the occasional pucker moment, but if you are scaring yourself at least once a week you probably don't understand you aircraft/personal limitations.

• 2 years later...