Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ygtbsm

Predator Follow-on

215 posts in this topic

Another UPT-D drop came out a few days ago.

C-130J x2/ C-17 x2/ U-28/ KC-10/ KC-135

Guess the drops are coming more frequently? I wasn't expecting another one until January.

I was at the chamber (or whatever that newfangled system is) at Nellis last week and ran into two guys headed back to the Viper. Stoked for them.

Back to the Hog in March. Thankful to have survived!

You're my hero Porkchop.

With all the new budget constraints, has anybody heard what the affects are going to be on the UPT-D dudes that are waiting and praying that the AF keeps on their promise of putting us back in manned cockpits? I sure as hell can't get an answer from my leadership.

Also, any dudes that have already gotten out, how is the training program/progression? What should we expect T-1/T-38 style as well as the FTU?

I asked my sq/cc this week and he hasn't heard much. What he has heard is as of now the timeline for follow on assignments is being slipped but not cancelled. He thinks the delay will be 3-6 months.

With all the new budget constraints, has anybody heard what the affects are going to be on the UPT-D dudes that are waiting and praying that the AF keeps on their promise of putting us back in manned cockpits? I sure as hell can't get an answer from my leadership.

Also, any dudes that have already gotten out, how is the training program/progression? What should we expect T-1/T-38 style as well as the FTU?

For the T-38 program, at least, it is a relatively short requal -- about 50 days and 25 or so hours of flying, plus academics, sims, and the like. There are three tracks, depending on where guys are headed (A: fighters, B: bombers, C: everything else). The main difference between the three tracks is the amount of formation flying and low levels in the syllabus. There is a single non-Form 8 checkride at the end.

I've seen less than a dozen guys go through the program at Vance over the past year, and none of them have had any significant issues getting back into a manned aircraft. So far as I've heard, guys in the pipeline aren't being held up due to budget shenanigans yet.

Newest UPT-D drop just came out.

4xB-52, 1xE-3, 2xEC-130, 3xKC-10, 5x KC-135, 7xC-130J

I got Paroled with this drop!!!

Congrats! What did you get and where to?

I'll let you know in like a month. As per standard with these drops they show the list to the bros so they can match their ADP's to it, and give them a chance to recat if they want. If the planes aren't what people wanted.

Just got assignments everyone pretty much got what they wanted. I got 135's to MacDill!

Second to last UPT-D drop just dropped:

2 x B-1 / 2 x B-52 / 1 x E-3 /

1 x RC-135 / 1 x C-5M / 4 x C-17 / 2 x KC-10 / 2 x KC-135 / 3 x C-130J / 1 x AC-13W / 1 x MC-130J / 1 x U-28 / 1 x Do-328

Only one more drop after this.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Craftsman,

Is this what you're being told/heard for UPT-D guys at ALL bases? My drop has been consistently pushed back from Spring of this year to Spring of next year and its pretty much pushing me and other UPT-D guys around my time frame up the wall. Not sure if that's my leadership being incredibly vague and cautious or what. Can you elaborate on what you've heard and when that supposed final UPT-D drop is supposed to happen?

PM sent

Here is the last UPT-D drop.

2 x B-1 / 4 x B-52

1 x E-8/ 1 x RC-135 / 5 x C-17 / 1 x KC-10 / 3 x KC-135 / 5 x C-130J / 2 x U-28 / 1 x CV-22