Predator Follow-on

This was the latest UPT direct drop: 1 x B-1 / 1 x B-52 / 1 x C-5M / 7 x C-17 / 2 x C-130E/H / 3 x C-130J / 1 x KC-10 / 4 x KC-135 / 1 x E-3 / 1 x EC-130H / 1 x AC-130U / 1 x Do-328 / 1 x U-28

Is the U-28 a MWS or is this a sign the dude will be back to the RPA in a few years?

Edited by matmacwc

Is the U-28 a MWS or is this a sign the dude will be back to the RPA in a few years?

I think it has been all along for pilots and has been for CSOs since 2006ish. Tell those guys not to worry, there's plenty of work to go around down here and a lot of dudes are staying on past the typical 3-4 year tour, especially if they want to stay.

Edited by nsplayr

• 2 weeks later...

From what I have heard from one of my old friends who was recently paroled for good behavior, he is having a blast in T-1s. From every indication he has given there isn't the student/instructor hazing butt pain from upt. Probably for the last part the instructors realize what a raw deal you had and are doing their best to get you back in the air. FWIW.

• 2 weeks later...
Can any of the frst two groups of released UPTers elaborate on the training back at their UPT bases? Whats the training like? Do they treat us like studs etc? Cheers.

It's been good. Bro level rather than UPTish (at least on the 38 side). Just need to stay on top of your syllabus and make things happen. 38's have ramped up which means BIT studs have ramped up as well and you'll be competing in the same pool for sorties. This has been my experience at CBM but I talked to a bro at Vance and he said his syllabus is moving a little more quickly.

However, to the point of your question, it's bro level treatment all around.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
2x F-16 TX courses for the Spring. Much improvement from the doom and gloom of resent past. I slipped to the Summer VML.

Locations sounded nice too.. Glad to hear guys are leaving but I just wonder who is going to man these damn caps.. It seems like every beta guy I talk to is planning on separating after only 1 drone assignment

A dude in my squadron got hit with an ALO, but another got his viper back. But heard through the rumor mill i.e. our patch that Gen. Hostage has said that he wants the Tami guys going back to their airframes. I'm still just waiting for the next UPT-D drop which I hope to be on.

Here is to all the TX dudes :beer:

I firmly believe the TAMI-21 dudes are F'd, especially the ones getting TX'd back to the jet, I support their excitement, but I know how big blue works. If I'm correct, <200 hrs qualified you for TAMI, therefore senior Captains to Major selects will now TX, go to squadrons and expect FLUG to IPUG? I think they might be deployment and/or OSS fodder. Their peer group that didn't get TAMI are going to be WIC dudes and at the least IPs. I hate to be a downer, and I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think so.

Below is the latest UPT-D drop for the 18 guys at Creech and 5 at Cannon. Just like previous UPT-D drops there are no locations associated with the aircraft.

(1 x B-1 / 1 x B-52 / 7 x C-17 /2 x C-130E/H / 2 x C-130J / 2 x KC-10 / 4 x KC-135 / 1 x EC-130H / 1 x RC-135 / 1 x MC-130H / 1 x U-28)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

With all the new budget constraints, has anybody heard what the affects are going to be on the UPT-D dudes that are waiting and praying that the AF keeps on their promise of putting us back in manned cockpits? I sure as hell can't get an answer from my leadership.

Also, any dudes that have already gotten out, how is the training program/progression? What should we expect T-1/T-38 style as well as the FTU?

• 2 weeks later...

I asked my sq/cc this week and he hasn't heard much. What he has heard is as of now the timeline for follow on assignments is being slipped but not cancelled. He thinks the delay will be 3-6 months.

With all the new budget constraints, has anybody heard what the affects are going to be on the UPT-D dudes that are waiting and praying that the AF keeps on their promise of putting us back in manned cockpits? I sure as hell can't get an answer from my leadership.

Also, any dudes that have already gotten out, how is the training program/progression? What should we expect T-1/T-38 style as well as the FTU?

For the T-38 program, at least, it is a relatively short requal -- about 50 days and 25 or so hours of flying, plus academics, sims, and the like. There are three tracks, depending on where guys are headed (A: fighters, B: bombers, C: everything else). The main difference between the three tracks is the amount of formation flying and low levels in the syllabus. There is a single non-Form 8 checkride at the end.

I've seen less than a dozen guys go through the program at Vance over the past year, and none of them have had any significant issues getting back into a manned aircraft. So far as I've heard, guys in the pipeline aren't being held up due to budget shenanigans yet.

• 10 months later...

Congrats! What did you get and where to?

I'll let you know in like a month. As per standard with these drops they show the list to the bros so they can match their ADP's to it, and give them a chance to recat if they want. If the planes aren't what people wanted.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Second to last UPT-D drop just dropped:

2 x B-1 / 2 x B-52 / 1 x E-3 /

1 x RC-135 / 1 x C-5M / 4 x C-17 / 2 x KC-10 / 2 x KC-135 / 3 x C-130J / 1 x AC-13W / 1 x MC-130J / 1 x U-28 / 1 x Do-328

Only one more drop after this.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!