Predator Follow-on

Anyone worth their salt will make their casual time worth it. It really is just that simple.

I'm the last person to tell someone to get their AAD done. But if someone really has 1.5 "useless" years as you keep implying...well, there is absolutely no excuse for lacking at least a BAC+. Make the time useful. Get an AAD. Do something useful in your casual squadron. Move your PCS date up to get away from your UPT base...maybe a training date will open early. There are always options. If you make the best of what is available to you, it will pay dividends later in life.

The only reason someone will "lose the game" is because they feel entitled to sitting around doing dickall for their casual time...since they're just waiting to do their "real" job anyway.

from shitholes like Cannon and Creech, with no chance of parole.

There is Whiteman, I wish I was joking, but damn I love it here! Our CC and DO (and even our pseudo DO) CCM and CCF and Ops Sup are all awesome. Not everyone can get here, but those who can, should.

Average time on casual for my generation of dudes was 9 months. Figure that happens again and guys are missing 1.5 years on casual, and about 2-3 years for training out of their first 8 years

Welcome to 4 years ago...these numbers you just said apply to the vast majority of viper pilot who graduated UPT FY08-10ish. This also applies to other dudes too, but the viper guys were hit the hardest. This is nothing new and 98% of us who were affected by 1.5+ yrs of casual are going to be fine...three holer shacked it on the other 2%.

Welcome to 4 years ago...these numbers you just said apply to the vast majority of viper pilot who graduated UPT FY08-10ish. This also applies to other dudes too, but the viper guys were hit the hardest. This is nothing new and 98% of us who were affected by 1.5+ yrs of casual are going to be fine...three holer shacked it on the other 2%.

Define "fine"

Define not fine. It sucks losing 1.5 yrs to casual/BIT, but I don't think missing a couple OPRs that the shoe counterparts had as LTs will make or break someone when it comes to Maj boards. There are potentials for some missed flying-career opportunities, but I think most dudes will still follow a "normal career path" (as much as anyone can with the way the AF is doing things these days). If it was a small number of guys, then I could see them getting fucked, but when it's a large number out of a couple year groups, that's another thing.

• 3 months later...

In typical Air Force fashion, the UPT bases have no plan in place right now. I don't know if anyone below maybe a wing leadership level knows this is going to happen. I have no idea how the bases are going to absorb this because the flying hour program was cut for this year, the student load was subsequently increased (especially in phase 3 due to the T-44 program closing), and the effective IP manning rate is at its lowest it has been in a while due in part to the MC-12 deployments and the length of them increasing.

So, this is going to be fun to see how it is implemented. With most all classes behind the timeline this is going to be comical to watch.

Anyone have time to layout the plan they came up with?

Are all of the UPT dudes going to get a chance to get out of RPAs?

They are all going back to their phase 3 aircraft to "warm" their hands up for a few weeks. All UPT dudes have been promised a plane if they want to leave, or they can choose to extend their stay in RPAs if they want to. Rumors are that prior MWS dudes who weren't recats may be released back into the wild soon.

I know there's a T-6 refresher syllabus that was sent around CAFB in an FCIF

Do you a copy of that syllabus? If so could you PM me it please?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally got a form of reprieve. Previous C-130 AC, non-vol'd to RPA in '08 to Cannon, never met the crossflow because I graduated Pred IQT a month and a half after the deadline. Just got a RIP for MC-12W's Beale for permanent party. I was hoping to be the first guy to return to the Herc but apparently that option is not availabe.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Three other C-130 guys that are in my rpa sq have received RIPs for U-28's to Hurlburt. One is for an "alpha" tour, '01 yr grp, C-130 AC before volunteering for rpa, MQ-1 FTU grad spring '08, volunteered to remain rpa in the only rpa crossflow board.

The second is '04 yr grp, C-130 CP voluntold to rpa, never met the crossflow board due to MQ-1 FTU grad after 1 Oct 08.

The third, '03 yr grp, C-130 AC voluntold, MQ-1 FTU grad Oct '08 then voluntold to MQ-9, released from rpa in xflow board, he was offered C-130J to dyess or U-28 to Hurlburt, took Hurlburt for location. He has already PCS'd.

LR C-130 pilots got raped in '08.