Baseops Chat

Whitman

Guest Rubber_Side_Down

I've seen forums that have a chat window at the top of the main forum page. One such forum is even accessible (and working) from my AF computer. It would be great if we could get that. Whitman, were you wanting something more like a private IM/Chat function?

I can certainly accomodate. A while back, we had a chat room feature available on baseops - albeit a crude one and not very aesthetically pleasing. There is a module that is available that is fully compatible with this forum's software backend (Invision Power Board) that I can purchase and plug-in.

I will do so shortly - but in the meantime, I will request help in editing a few portions of the site that I am no longer a SME in that need some desperate attention. If I can have a few "humanitarian" aviators out there help me out, I will install the chat option. I will post details on the sections I am soliciting volunteer help shortly.

Thanks in advance!

I can certainly accomodate. A while back, we had a chat room feature available on baseops - albeit a crude one and not very aesthetically pleasing. There is a module that is available that is fully compatible with this forum's software backend (Invision Power Board) that I can purchase and plug-in.

I will do so shortly - but in the meantime, I will request help in editing a few portions of the site that I am no longer a SME in that need some desperate attention. If I can have a few "humanitarian" aviators out there help me out, I will install the chat option. I will post details on the sections I am soliciting volunteer help shortly.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds good. I'd be glad to help out where able. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have just installed a trial version of the Chat Module into the forums - you can see the option now available in the top menu, on the far right (next to DOWNLOADS). It is fully integrated (same username/password, etc.) - you never have to actually leave the forums. The single limitation right now is that a maximum of five (5) persons can be active in the chat room at once. You can see how many are active at the very bottom of the forums, right below where it says "Currently XX Users Online" it will say "Currently XX Users on Chat". If this module proves popular and members recommend, I can increase the online chat users number - it is simply an additional cost and will be seamless.

However, as a trade-off, I respectfully request the users of the forums assist me in updating several out-of-date sections of the site:

1.) C-130 Schoolhouse at Little Rock

2.) AFOQT

3.) UPT Phase II (T-6)

I've uploaded word document versions of the above three webpages and ask that users edit those documents (please indicate changes in RED FONT) and re-post the attachments on this thread. Thanks in advance and I look forward to a current website and a popular chatroom.

v/r

BASEOPS

Baseops - Little Rock AFB Schoolhouse Guide.doc

Baseops - AFOQT.doc

Baseops - Phase II T-6.doc

However, as a trade-off, I respectfully request the users of the forums assist me in updating several out-of-date sections of the site:

2.) AFOQT

I've uploaded word document versions of the above three webpages and ask that users edit those documents (please indicate changes in RED FONT) and re-post the attachments on this thread. Thanks in advance and I look forward to a current website and a popular chatroom.

v/r

BASEOPS

I've got what looks like some solid gouge on the AFOQT from when I was still a cadet-- It was distributed during the Fall 2009 semester and it definitely looks current. Maybe someone who's good at this kind of stuff can figure out a good way to integrate the new/relevant information in the attached Word document onto the BO website. The PDF looks like it could simply be linked to as a downloadable packet.

AFOQT Information.doc

AFOQT Info Packet - Student Handout.pdf

Edited by killacam

would it be possible to have the chat be a module at the top of each forum, instead of its own thing? That way I could be chatting at the same time I'm browsing a forum or thread...

yeah, that's what I'm doing now, and it works like a champ. I just leave that extra tab open while I'm browsing the forums and if someone else joins the room, it makes a ding dong sound to notify me. So far only two people have chatted with me (at least while I've been online).

I'm not a "humanitarian aviator," but I'd be willing to take a crack at the AFOQT file. I scored straight 99's a couple months ago, if that means anything, and know most of the common airforceots.com controversies by heart. I've been drinking, though, so I'll do it tomorrow. Or the next day, if I'm drinking then. :beer:

Thanks for helping to contribute. I know it is a pain in the ass to edit documents - sounds almost like work! But without your support, we can't keep the site current and able to assist future aviators behind us.

Fellas, thanks for the help.

Please keep the edits coming - I will send out Baseops.net Neck Lanyards (Black and Silver) to anyone that contributes; please PM me your mailing address...

Still looking for a fine-toothed comb redo of the Little Rock 130 Schoolhouse, specifically:

1.) How many different syllabi are there for Pilots, and what are their differences

2.) How many sim rides and how many pro sorties/tac sorties prior to check

3.) Any other significant differences in the flow of the course and/or pre-requisites that must be done prior to arriving

4.) Lodging issues / changes to regulations (on or off-base, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've mailed out the Baseops.net neck lanyards to all that have contributed so far.

The offer still stands - neck lanyards to all that are willing to spend a bit of time helping me edit/refine the above sections of the site. Any little contribution is welcomed. I'll even attribute your name/unit on the particular webpage if you like.

Still looking for a clear optic on the Little Rock C130 FTU (see above questions). Mahalo!

v/r

Baseops

• 1 year later...

ok, so this morning I was in the chat room for about 20 min, and at least 5 other people joined the chat room over the course of that time. So I said howdy to each of them, asked a question, and got no responses from any of them, then they all left chat a few minutes later. My question is, were those people not seeing the posts at all, or were they being anti-social?

I use FF, and had a nice chat with several peeps last night, so I'm just trying to figure out if some browsers are having issues with the chat feature.

• 1 year later...