SAINTS WIN!

lj35driver

Guest onetwopi

As a Lions fan, I can be unbiased here ...

I lost some money on the Colts this year -- I thought there was NO WAY they could lose. The onside kick was the key play to the whole game -- welcome to High School football. That was an interesting move that turned the whole game. The Colts never recovered.

Not that the Peyton interception didn't throw a wrench into the Colts' plans. But that was the only turnover of significance.

Cheers...

As a Lions fan, I can be unbiased here ...

I lost some money on the Colts this year -- I thought there was NO WAY they could lose. The onside kick was the key play to the whole game -- welcome to High School football. That was an interesting move that turned the whole game. The Colts never recovered.

Not that the Peyton interception didn't throw a wrench into the Colts' plans. But that was the only turnover of significance.

Cheers...

Definitely the onside kick and the interception are what ended it for the Colts.

Here's a question for the bar, is Peyton Manning a poor sport because he left the field after the game without congratulating the Saints? This blog says no, but I disagree. Sure, Manning wanted to win; but who was there that didn't? It isn't a matter of whether Manning is a good sport or not, it's more of the example he is setting; and I don't buy his excuse for not doing so...

Here's a question for the bar, is Peyton Manning a poor sport because he left the field after the game without congratulating the Saints? This blog says no, but I disagree. Sure, Manning wanted to win; but who was there that didn't? It isn't a matter of whether Manning is a good sport or not, it's more of the example he is setting; and I don't buy his excuse for not doing so...

I dont think so, but I have to ask what was his excuse? I only ask because I didn't see hear a response to that issue. assuming I'm not restating the excuse he gave, I think it was more a product of how the losing team is treating at the end of the game. It's sad to say, but the losing team is pretty much roped off immediately to make way for the quick assembly of the trophy stage and the winning team is usually too amped and excited to calm down enough to do the same. I thought it showed more class that he wore a suit and tie and fielded questions during a post game interview than simply fading away. Can't remember the last time I saw the losing team get any sort of live post-loss attention.