Badass of the Week

contraildash

Probably not competitive for Senior or Chief because all he does is deploy and do his job and refuses to organize the Sq Xmas party, beside's that he has my respect and proud of this fellow MSgt.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/554378/tacp-receives-second-silver-star-medal.aspx?source=GovD

He's too busy giving dirt naps to enemies to be a Top 3 Officer.

Probably not competitive for Senior or Chief because all he does is deploy and do his job and refuses to organize the Sq Xmas party, beside's that he has my respect and proud of this fellow MSgt.

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/554378/tacp-receives-second-silver-star-medal.aspx?source=GovD

Closer to the truth than anyone will admit.

To our TACP brother :beer:

Well done sir! :salut:

Interesting observation, I'm guessing his rack isn't completely up to date since he earned his first Silver Star in Iraq and I only see a Afghan Medal. Also another thing I just noticed is he has 3 Bronze stars with at least one for Valor and a Joint Commendation Medal with a V device as well.

And a USMC/USN Combat Action Ribbon.

A 100% correct and up-to-date ribbon rack is probably around #69 on his "Things I give a shit about" list...

:beer:

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

MARSOC Marine awarded Silver Star

Refusing to wait for reinforcements, he tactically moved alone across exposed ground and entered the compound to identify the threat and violently finish the engagement. After clearing the entire compound alone...

post-1564-0-47701600-1425700612_thumb.jp

Edited by JarheadBoom
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

7 Marines killed in helicopter crash

I didn't know SSgt Seif; he joined the Corps long after I was done and gone. But the news of his death (and the deaths of 6 other MARSOC Marines and 4 LA ARNG soldiers) in this crash hurt me as if I had known him. I don't know why it took me so long to post this.

Rest In Peace, gentlemen.

Capt Shaw

MSgt Saunders

SSgt Bawol

SSgt Blaylock

SSgt Flynn

SSgt Kemp

SSgt Seif

------

CW4 Griffin

CW4 Strother

SSG Bergeron

SSG Florich

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Former RAF member gets mugged and stabbed in Chicago.  Does not take kindly to it.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-police-1-held-following-armed-robbery-near-oak-street-beach-20151025-story.html

"I was fine with them robbing me, it’s not worth getting stabbed to defend my wallet and my iPhone, so I gave them my phone. But when I turned around and they were getting Carisa...I kind of said, ‘Don’t hurt my girlfriend,' " McCarthy said.

Police and an ambulance soon arrived and officers used an app to find McCarthy’s phone.

After it pinged nearby, McCarthy said he began walking toward it and he saw one of the three attackers in front of him.

“He ran after the guy and tackled him down…pinned him down,’’ Lerner said.

“I just sprinted after him and put him in a headlock,’’ McCarthy said.

The suspect “stopped him’’ as McCarthy was trying to get the knife away from him.  “I grabbed the blade. My hand is sliced to pieces but it’s better that it cuts my hand than my neck," he said.

"It’s been an exciting holiday," McCarthy said. "It’s been quite an adventure."

Edited by Blue
format

• 7 months later...
  • 11 months later...