Guest SuiSideburns

Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

On 2/1/2018 at 11:41 AM, gmahan3 said:

Just waiting on TFOT and UPT dates.

I'm non prior and have no waivers. What's been the rough time frame once NGB gets your packet until you learn about TFOT dates? 

35 minutes ago, gmahan3 said:

I'm non prior and have no waivers. What's been the rough time frame once NGB gets your packet until you learn about TFOT dates? 

I found out in less than a month, but I'm also age critical (28.5). Take it for what it's worth.

6 minutes ago, cagg011 said:

I found out in less than a month, but I'm also age critical (28.5). Take it for what it's worth.

Thanks for the info. I'm in the same boat. I'll be 29 in July 

3 hours ago, gmahan3 said:

Also non prior/no waivers, I got hired in September 2017, found out about OTS (TFOT) first week of January!

On 2/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, AlphaPapa said:

Also non prior/no waivers, I got hired in September 2017, found out about OTS (TFOT) first week of January!

Nice! Which TFOT were you slated for? Also, do you know when did your packet made it to NGB?

Edited by gmahan3

On 2/7/2018 at 11:02 PM, gmahan3 said:

Nice! Which TFOT were you slated for? Also, do you know when did your packet made it to NGB?

I'm 18-05! And I was told it got sent out the first full week of January and I found out that same week my dates for TFOT. Then a couple days later got all my training dates for flying! 

Just got hired 9 Jan 2018. My recruiter told me that guys are having to wait up to 4 months just to schedule their FC1? Whats the holdup in scheduling that?

Swore in Jan 30, My squadron requested my FC1 Feb 9, got a date same day for May 21. 3.5 month wait.

C17- Guard/non prior/28.5(when hired)

Interview-Sep 2017

Selected/hired- Sep 2017

MEPS- OCT 2017

SWEAR IN- JAN 2018

WP- FC1- scheduled for April 30, 2018.

PENDING EVERYTHING ELSE.

I'll update it as I go.

My unit sent in my packet almost 6 months ago, and am now playing the waiting game. Have talked with those in charge of submitting at my unit, but anything that else can be done? Poke and prod the bureau a bit?

Edited by highflyer

The word is the Bureau is short-handed. Things are taking forever. It’s hard to get anything pushed thru unless you personally know someone up there in A1. I do not and it’s like a black hole when packets go there. Pipeliners’s packets seem to move a little faster than already rateds, which doesn’t really make sense. 

My packet took about that long too. Wound up finding that it was the recruiter sending the wrong forms in multiple times. It all worked out in the end though. Good luck. Stay on top of it.