Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

Guest SuiSideburns

On 9/18/2023 at 12:50 PM, dumpster flyer said:

Another updated timeline for everyone.  

Thanks for sharing! Also a reserve hire here. Looks like you were able to get FC1 before being selected by the board. I was told that FC1 can only be scheduled after UFT board. Do you by chance know if that’s true?

On 9/22/2023 at 1:37 AM, boba1024 said:

Thanks for sharing! Also a reserve hire here. Looks like you were able to get FC1 before being selected by the board. I was told that FC1 can only be scheduled after UFT board. Do you by chance know if that’s true?

Not true for me. My recruiter pushed me through to get FC1 done before the UFT board so that I didn’t have to wait around as long (had a couple of months before the UFT board met.)

Had a buddy who was picked up by his squadron and was accepted by the UFT board in April. He wasn’t able to get FC1 scheduled until June. Took him until the end of July / beginning of August to get the stamp of approval from the powers that be.

Many ways to skin the cat it seems like. Some longer than others, though!

Edited by dumpster flyer
Explanation/words

Adding my timeline to the list now. Curious to see how long things will take on the Guard side.

Timeline (Prior Army AD, Current Civ, Hired as CSO in the ANG)

AFOQT: Early October 2022

TBAS: Late October 2022

MEPS (for a different program that didn't pan out): March 2023

Interview: 2 October 2023

Verbal Offer: 3 October 2023

Swearing In: ___

FC1A: ___

Package sent to NGB: ___

NGB Approval: ___

OTS: ___

Schools/UCT: ___

Edited by Flev
Edited for clarity

• 2 weeks later...

Throwing my timeline out there for y’all.

Guard: non-prior/off the street

AFOQT/TBAS: Mar 2018

Board: Aug 2022

Hired: Aug 2022

MEPS: Sept 2022

Enlistment: Oct 2022

FC1 Date Received: Feb 2023

FC1: Mar 2023

FC1 Approved: Apr 2023

NGB Packet Submitted:  Apr 2023

NGB Packet Returned: Aug 2023

NGB Packet Resubmitted: Sept 2023

NGB Packet Approved: Oct 2023

OTS Orders Received:

OTS:

UPT Orders Received:

UPT:

• 3 weeks later...

Timeline update!

Applied:  Feb 22

Interview/Notified of selection: Nov 22

FC1: Feb 23

Package routed to NGB: June 23

Routed back down due to NGB not seeing my graduation date in transcripts (wtf?): Sept 23

Package approved/received unofficial dates: Oct 23

OTS: 30 Jan - 29 Mar

UPT: 13 May (Columbus)

• Like 1

Timeline

Has anyone else experienced wait times this long for OTS dates? I was notified by my base training office that my package got approved by NGB April 23. I am currently enlisted in the unit that I got a pilot slot for. My assumption is that my dates may be getting held up due to having to attend IFT before UPT. 

Applied:  MAR 22

Interview/Notified of selection: APR 22

FC1: MAY 22

Package routed to NGB: OCT 22

Package approved: APR 23

OTS: ?

IFT: ?

UPT: ?

About how long is the average wait for being notified of FC1 dates? Request was submitted 4 weeks ago and haven't heard anything. Seen a post in this thread where it took less than a week. I've been in contact with my recruiter and he says he hasn't received anything. 

• 4 weeks later...

As a civilian seeking to commission as an Officer in the Air Force, I'm seeking guidance on ways to enhance my chances of being selected. I understand that each case is unique, and I recently graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. While I have limited work experience in my field at this point, I'm unsure if this might impact my application. Given your process and experience, could you provide recommendations on how I can best position myself for consideration? I'm eager to learn more about steps I can take to align with the Air Force's requirements and increase my likelihood of selection.

On 12/1/2023 at 1:03 PM, Ayaanah said:

As a civilian seeking to commission as an Officer in the Air Force, I'm seeking guidance on ways to enhance my chances of being selected. I understand that each case is unique, and I recently graduated with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science. While I have limited work experience in my field at this point, I'm unsure if this might impact my application. Given your process and experience, could you provide recommendations on how I can best position myself for consideration? I'm eager to learn more about steps I can take to align with the Air Force's requirements and increase my likelihood of selection.

Selection for what?  Are you trying to be a pilot?  You said Air Force, but you posted your question in the Guard/Reserve section, so are you looking at Active Duty, Guard, Reserve, all of the above?  It sounds like you’re pretty new to this whole thing and most people here are going to be happy to help, but your questions are quite broad and vague. However if you spend some time browsing these forums, you’ll find tons of useful information that will help you out a lot. 

• Like 1

Timeline

Active Duty Marine hired by Guard fighter unit

AFOQT/TBAS: Jun 2022

Interviewed: Oct 2022

Hired: Late Oct 2022

IFC1: Dec 2022

DD 368 Submitted: Dec 2022

IFC1 Approved: Jan 2023

DD 368 Approved: Feb 2023

Gained: Oct 2023

ARB/AO Package Submitted: Oct 2023

ARB/AO Approved by NGB: Nov 2023

OTS: N/A

IFT: N/A

UPT: Feb 2024 Sheppard AFB 

Edited by BL_224

• 1 month later...
On 11/1/2023 at 7:38 AM, twoTangoKilo said:

Timeline update!

Applied:  Feb 22

Interview/Notified of selection: Nov 22

FC1: Feb 23

Package routed to NGB: June 23

Routed back down due to NGB not seeing my graduation date in transcripts (wtf?): Sept 23

Package approved/received unofficial dates: Oct 23

OTS: 30 Jan - 29 Mar

UPT: 13 May (Columbus)

No IFS?

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone got gouge on reserve pilot timeline once the AFRC board approves and all the paperwork is approved? Wondering if a couple months is realistic or if it's more like a year...  

• 4 weeks later...

Been a while since I posted so I'll share my timeline updates. I added a lot of detail on the accession waiver stuff for anyone curious on how long those can take. Currently hired for a CSO spot (legacy herk Nav) in the Guard.

Timeline (Prior Army AD, Break in service)

AFOQT: Early October 2022

TBAS: Late October 2022

MEPS (for a different program that didn't pan out): March 2023

Interview: 2 October 2023

Verbal Offer: 3 October 2023

SG Waiver for enlistment submitted: 20 November 2023

SG Waiver returned for consult & documents: 7 December 2023

Consult & documents submitted to SG: 28 December 2023

SG Waiver Approved: 19 January 2024

Swearing In: 29 January 2024

FC1A: ___

Package sent to NGB: ___

NGB Approval: ___

OTS: ___

UCT: ___

Currently waiting on my unit to gain me since swearing in. According to them I can't schedule my FC1A with the base's flight med folks until I have a CAC again (probably due to not being in USAF systems?). Overall would not recommend having a break in service regardless.