Hired: March '19

MEPS/Enlistment: June '19

FC1: October '19 (Failed)

FC1 Re-Test: December '19 (Passed)

FC1 Stamped Approved: December '19

Package sent to NGB: February '20

TFOT: August 25th 2020!

UPT:

I’m still slated to PCS next week and start UPT on 7 July. 

If you have a gap between now and UPT, I’d highly recommend completing SERE. That SERE TLN will give you BIT/authorized delay orders between SERE and UPT which equals pay. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/14/2020 at 8:57 PM, OptFire said:

Anyone had their FC1 rescheduled yet? 

I just got back from mine, apparently we were the first group to go through since things shut down at WPAFB due to COVID. We were basically the only ones there, and there were only 9 of us, so things went super fast. I was originally scheduled to go the week of April 6th.

Edited by Ten30Seven

• 4 weeks later...

Finally have my timeline complete!

11 Jan 19 - Interview

18 Jan 19 - Hired

29 Jan 19 - Submitted Prescreening for MEPS/FC1

22 Feb 19 - MEPS

3 May 19 - scheduled for FC1

17 Jun 19 - FC1

8 Jul 19 - Sworn in to unit and Appointment Package completed

31 Jul 19 - FC1 completed and signed

5 Nov 19 - Appointment Package submitted to NGB

23 Dec 19 - Approved by NGB -- Training dates requested

28 Jan 20 - OTS dates assigned

31 Mar 20 - OTS

23 Jun 20 - UPT Dates assigned

30 Sept 20 - UPT Start Date

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Has anyone had their NGB package submitted before they get their FC1 scheduled? My recruiter is saying that the process changed to that recently, can anyone confirm? Also am I correct in assuming I most likely won't be able to make the last OTS class this year (20-08) as I am still waiting for the FC1 to be scheduled?

6 hours ago, TotableMink said:

Has anyone had their NGB package submitted before they get their FC1 scheduled? My recruiter is saying that the process changed to that recently, can anyone confirm? Also am I correct in assuming I most likely won't be able to make the last OTS class this year (20-08) as I am still waiting for the FC1 to be scheduled?

What does NGB stand for? I was hearing that as well from my recruiter and from other people at Wright Patt when I was there two weeks ago so thats most likely the case. 

22 minutes ago, OptFire said:

What does NGB stand for?

It stands for the National Guard Bureau, which is the federal instrument responsible for the administration of the United States National Guard.

We submitted mine at around the same time I came back from WP. You can submit as early as you want from what I understand but the hold up in the back side will be that it will not be approved until the SG at NGB has reviewed and stamped your FC1. I don’t think you’ll gain time from submitting early but if your recruiter is telling you to do so, follow his lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Off the street hire at a Guard Tanker Unit.

AFOQT/TBAS: July 2016

Board: November 2019

Hired:  November 2019

MEPS: Passed April 2020 amid the 'rona outbreak. 

Enlistment: June 2020.

FC1: ???

OTS: ??? 

UPT: ???

FTU: ???

Figured I'd drop in my timeline.  Hired off the street at a Guard fighter unit.

AFOQT/TBAS: February 2019

Board: May 2019

Hired: May 2019

MEPS: February 2020 (6 month wait due to Lasik in May 2019)

Swore in: March 2020

FC1: End of June 2020

OTS: August 2020

IFT: November 2020

Will update with UPT dates once I get them.

1 hour ago, Flash57 said:

Nice! Guard fighter unit w/ no private? Must be a stud

6 hours ago, Flash57 said:

Crazy quick from FC1 to OTS! Is that a normal time frame?

On 7/8/2020 at 3:37 PM, mb1685 said:

+1, the whole post-swear in timeline seems lightning fast compared to everything else I've seen on here. @Flash57 are you perhaps an age critical candidate?

26 currently so no.  Just made sure to be polite to everyone within my unit and responded to anything and everything they sent me as fast as possible.  Had a ton of luck obviously but cannot emphasize enough how much being polite can help. 

Edited by Flash57
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can finally finish my timeline .

AFOQT/TBAS May 2019

Interview September 2019

Selected October 2019

Swore Into the Unit November 2019

FC1 January 2020

Re-Commissioned May 2020

UPT September 22, 2020

Start to finish, once selected right at a year. The virus postponed my UPT dates some but still squeaked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 2

Off the street hire at a Guard Tanker Unit.

July Update: inching closer. 

AFOQT/TBAS: July 2016

Board: November 2019

Hired:  November 2019

MEPS: Passed April 2020 amid the 'rona outbreak. 

Enlistment: June 2020.

FC1: September 29, 2020

OTS: ??? 

UPT: ???

FTU: ???

Isolated in Enid and not up for studying 15 hours a day so why not update the timeline here:

[Ex-AD, ANG Nav seeking Pilot slot with home unit. O-4, 37 with 12 years TFSC, needed ETP approved by NGB/A1 and AF/A1P. Have PPL.]

Board: March 2018 <- canxed, pilots overmanned

Board: April 2019

Hired, pending ETP approval: April 2019 

FC1 Scheduled: May 2019

FC1: July 2019 (soonest available after finishing IN school)

ETP submitted: July 2019

FC1 stamped, ETP updated: August 2019

ETP approved: 26 December 2019

Deployed: May-July 2020 (planned), heard no UPT slots for at least rest of FY2020 so didn't seem like an issue

< Call from Cathy Rico while broke in NH enroute to the AOR, mid-May, asking if I can get to Vance for a June class. I'm optimistic enough to reply "let me see" rather than flat out "no". While I still have to deploy, a mad scramble ensues involving me, my deployed chain, my home station chain, AFCENT, AMC, NGB, NASA, CIA, MiB, etc to get me recalled and send a replacement. That effort succeeds just under a month later; happily my Sq/CC and the STUS civilian work it out where I can roll a couple of classes. I get a rotator back to CONUS, throw a few things in my car, sublet my apt, and set out for Oklahoma. >

UPT (2.5!): 3 August 2020

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
Been a while - anyone have a current gauge on Guard/fighter track timelines from graduation of TFOT to start of UPT? Some of the Guard/Heavy track dude's I've talked to recently are saying their gaps between graduation of TFOT and start of UPT are close to 7 months.
Sadly, this is another "it depends" answer.

In my squadron alone, it will be 11 months between OTS and UPT, for me it was 4 months, for another guy it will be 3. The guy before all of us only waited 2 months.

This all just came from what was available in the FY by the time packages were approved by NGB. There's not really a "standard" wait. I'd say plan on 18 months from hire to UPT at a minimum. If it's faster, awesome.

Reserves seems to move a good bit faster once the board has met. I know a few guys that were in training 6-9 months after being hired. And if I remember correctly, they won't send you to OTS until you can follow on almost directly to your UPT base.

11 hours ago, N730 said:

Sadly, this is another "it depends" answer.

In my squadron alone, it will be 11 months between OTS and UPT, for me it was 4 months, for another guy it will be 3. The guy before all of us only waited 2 months.

This all just came from what was available in the FY by the time packages were approved by NGB. There's not really a "standard" wait. I'd say plan on 18 months from hire to UPT at a minimum. If it's faster, awesome.

Reserves seems to move a good bit faster once the board has met. I know a few guys that were in training 6-9 months after being hired. And if I remember correctly, they won't send you to OTS until you can follow on almost directly to your UPT base.

When your in-between ots and upt, are you on full time orders or can you go back to your civilian job?