Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

Guest SuiSideburns

1 minute ago, Insert name said:

Any word on COVID-19 affecting UPT dates? The instruction I saw said no PCS and TDY's until May, does that mean everyone will be pushed to the right two months?

Fluid situation here at KEND.  Standby to standby.

Edited by dmginc
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, mightymighty said:

I would assume that also includes TFOT dates as well?  My packet is up at NGB. 

Correct, OTS, BMT, tech training, UPT, FTU all are carrying on as normal as far as I know.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, MFlyer99 said:

Are FC1s still being cleared by AETC with this whole coronavirus? Already did my FC1, just waiting on the clearance/approval. I assume so, but thought I'd double check.

Here at Wright-Patt, we've been told that IFCs are cancelled with no timeline on when they will restart.  I realize you've already done your IFC, but in case others were wondering....

Wouldn’t count of fallouts bros. We were told yesterday that no new classes are starting at our base. Rumor for new arrivals with Orders In hand is to still in process but don’t expect to start anytime soon. Phase progression once complete is being halted as well. I have a bro that tracked 38s and was T6 complete last week. He was told to expect NOT to start phase 3 anytime soon. Not sure if it’s the same deal with all the other UPT bases.

These are Crazy times at UPT bros.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Sad 2

Yikes! Not good news for an older dude such as myself who was starting to get some interview traction before this charlie foxtrot. Wonder if they'd consider bumping up the UPT age limit even more once things eventually return to any semblance of normalcy. I imagine the backlog from this is going to add a massive amount of time to the pipeline. 😱

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Tarawa565 said:

CAFB is delaying at least the next two classes, apparently prioritizing Guard and Reserve for the next one that starts up (rumor right now is the May 11 class but TBD obviously). 

Rumor they're doing the same at Laughlin, I'm the April 21st class and Guard.

On 3/24/2020 at 11:29 AM, JL_Pilot10 said:

I've heard NGB is all out of UPT slots for the fiscal year.  Anyone have any intel on this? 

Checks. Older guard guy here, ETP approved, no words on UPT date (or location) even before the Corona stuff. Assuming next FY at best now.

2 hours ago, PilotCandidate said:

Checks.
From Cathy Rico:

- Working with AETC A1, AU and AFPC, we've turned off inbound student flow
to Laughlin for the next 90-120 days or so in order to prevent over
pressurizing the housing situation and compromising Lee's ability to allow
his students to maintain social distancing.  Lt Gen Hecker and AU will
accept the graduates who don't already have a permanent Air Force home. Lt
Gen Hecker reports that AU has both space and meaningful work for these
officers in the short term”

As far as I know, the 3 June 20 class has been told to push. All beyond that can expect the delay. 

See you out there @elvis

Guess that's why I've been told April 21st class date has been cancelled and then back on about 3 times. Got orders and a house so my a** is going. See ya there @PilotCandidate 

Everyone here is freaking out about shit you can’t control! Yes shit will be delay, you won’t graduate on time and you will miss that deadline you had to make it to xyz airline. One thing I know for sure now that I am in is that the needs of the Air Force wont change. We still need pilots. We still need manning! I see it every day where I am at. Both fighters and heavies. So relax and work on those packages. Interviews will happen maybe not right away but they will happen. I just finished interviewing a guy via Skype! So relax! Shit will be rolling! Trust me we need you! 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, gear3green said:

Everyone here is freaking out about shit you can’t control! Yes shit will be delay, you won’t graduate on time and you will miss that deadline you had to make it to xyz airline. One thing I know for sure now that I am in is that the needs of the Air Force wont change. We still need pilots. We still need manning! I see it every day where I am at. Both fighters and heavies. So relax and work on those packages. Interviews will happen maybe not right away but they will happen. I just finished interviewing a guy via Skype! So relax! Shit will be rolling! Trust me we need you! 

What he said, we're not special and everyone across the globe is dealing with the same shit sandwich in any industry or group you could think of. Take a breath, buy some nice bourbon, and maybe learn Spanish or something.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2020 at 7:49 PM, gear3green said:

That also included a waiver  from Wright Pat as well. 

Did NGB give you dates for OTS and UPT at the same time?
Submit my request for school dates this week and waiting to hear back. How long does it usually take? I assume it will be a little longer with the Rona. 

On 11/22/2019 at 3:41 PM, ryleypav said:

Off the street hire at a Guard Tanker Unit.

AFOQT/TBAS: July 2016

Board: November 2019

Hired:  November 2019

MEPS: Passed April 2020 amid the 'rona outbreak. 

FC1: ???

OTS: ??? 

UPT: ???

FTU: ???

Doctors take a long time getting paperwork for surgeries holy moly.