Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

Guest SuiSideburns

7 hours ago, JustHangingOut said:

Am i reading correctly that ARBs for NGB are now down to 2-3 months? Last I heard they took 6 months to complete.

@JustHaningOut I can't speak to the ARB process at NGB, but the ETP (age) requests have been an average of 2-3 month turnaround from what I've seen. 

6 hours ago, SaltyDawg said:

@JustHaningOut I can't speak to the ARB process at NGB, but the ETP (age) requests have been an average of 2-3 month turnaround from what I've seen. 

that's better than the 6+ months it used to take. Mine was one of the first ones through when they switched up to the new checklist. It took 34 days.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Halo said:

Have been told that my age waiver has been approved but I am now waiting on a Letter to Appoint. Was wondering if anyone had a bead on what exactly that is or how long it takes to generate? 

Guard or reserve?

2 minutes ago, Halo said:

Neg, prior service as a dirty enlisted man in a different branch.

Hmm I’m not sure. I had to get an appointment order as a reserve officer after a break in service as a prior O. It took a couple weeks after all my other stuff was done for the accessions officer (scroll, ARB, FC1, waivers, oath/swearing in). May be the same thing? Not sure if a letter to appoint is the same as an appointment order. I’d just ask the recruiter. 

29 minutes ago, Halo said:

Sounds like it might be the same thing. I have heard this is the last step but then again I thought the age waiver was the last step so we will see. Thanks for the help!

Yeah after I swore in and subsequently got the appointment order I was officially back in. Approval from the FC1, waivers (ETPs rather), and other admin steps were all pre reqs but didn’t really count for much as far as getting back in, and I had to be officially back in to get training dates. Hopefully you get it soon and your clock to UPT officially starts. 

For any of you fellas in the timeline that haven't yet made it pass the age waiver mark or TFCT, the attached MFR was released by big blue. I immediately asked the recruiter if it would cover both guard and reserves. He said he had no idea... shocking. I called another recruiter in another state with the same question and his response was YES it should be a blanket cover for everyone not just AD. We all know how recruiters might stretch things here and there from time to time.

Does anybody have info on this?

MFR for UPT Age Limit 33.pdf

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2019 at 7:01 AM, CharlieHotel47 said:

For any of you fellas in the timeline that haven't yet made it pass the age waiver mark or TFCT, the attached MFR was released by big blue. I immediately asked the recruiter if it would cover both guard and reserves. He said he had no idea... shocking. I called another recruiter in another state with the same question and his response was YES it should be a blanket cover for everyone not just AD. We all know how recruiters might stretch things here and there from time to time.

Does anybody have info on this?

MFR for UPT Age Limit 33.pdf

I was in the age waiver process. Can confirm this applies to Guard. My application was pushed forward without it after this was released.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

The non-prior dudes hired at my unit last year are just leaving for OCS in 2 weeks - expecting about the same timeline as them (a year or so) 

Age 25. Guard / Non-Prior

AFOQT - June 2016

TBAS - Nov 2016

AFOQT #2 - January 2017

Hired - March 2019

Enlist w/ Unit - ?

MEPS - ?

Wright Pat FC1 - ?

ANG Board Approved - ?

TFOT - ?

UPT - ?

Edited by UPTapplicant2017

• 02 Dec 2017:   Interview
  • 03 Dec 2017:  Hired
  • 06 May 2018:  DD Form 368 signed by State J1 in April and submitted to NGB
  • 24 July 2018:  Transfer Packet kicked back from NGB for wording and resubmitted
  • 06-07 Aug 2018:  Flight Physical Completed
  • 10-14 Sep 2018:  Flight Physical Results returned week of
    • I was also informed that NGB changed their accessions process to require ETPs to be completed and approved before swearing in.....fortunately I already had my flight physical done so I could push that up as soon as the policy dropped.
    • Transfer packet at NGB paused
    • New policy came with change in ETP checklist and shortened timeline (approx 30 days)
  • 21 Sep 2018:  ETP pushed up
  • 25 Oct 2018:  Age Waiver Approved at NGB (34 day turn around)
  • 19 Nov 2018: I was notified that the squadron needed to initiate a TS Clearance before I could swear in. The unit security manager sent me a link to fill out the SF86 digitally. After that it went up to OPM to begin the investigation process. Once the investigation was "open" and reflected that status is JPAS, the unit could send a specific memo to NGB to let me swear in
  • 14 Dec 2018: TS Investigation opens and memo sent to NGB
  • 17 Dec 2018: NGB sends the temporary Fed Rec that allows me to swear in
  • 28 Dec 2018: Fini Flight in the Blackhawk, and swear in with the my new ANG squadron. Separation orders are cut by the Army Guard to release me
  • 5/6 Jan 2019: First official drill weekend with squadron, gaining process begins, and I begin working on my ARB packet
  • 25 Feb 19: School Dates Received (starting UPT fall 2019 and bypassing IFT)
    • hoping for a shortfall to get a sooner class date...anyone want to trade 😉

6 minutes ago, JustHangingOut said:
  • 02 Dec 2017:   Interview
  • 03 Dec 2017:  Hired
  • 06 May 2018:  DD Form 368 signed by State J1 in April and submitted to NGB
  • 24 July 2018:  Transfer Packet kicked back from NGB for wording and resubmitted
  • 06-07 Aug 2018:  Flight Physical Completed
  • 10-14 Sep 2018:  Flight Physical Results returned week of
    • I was also informed that NGB changed their accessions process to require ETPs to be completed and approved before swearing in.....fortunately I already had my flight physical done so I could push that up as soon as the policy dropped.
    • Transfer packet at NGB paused
    • New policy came with change in ETP checklist and shortened timeline (approx 30 days)
  • 21 Sep 2018:  ETP pushed up
  • 25 Oct 2018:  Age Waiver Approved at NGB (34 day turn around)
  • 19 Nov 2018: I was notified that the squadron needed to initiate a TS Clearance before I could swear in. The unit security manager sent me a link to fill out the SF86 digitally. After that it went up to OPM to begin the investigation process. Once the investigation was "open" and reflected that status is JPAS, the unit could send a specific memo to NGB to let me swear in
  • 14 Dec 2018: TS Investigation opens and memo sent to NGB
  • 17 Dec 2018: NGB sends the temporary Fed Rec that allows me to swear in
  • 28 Dec 2018: Fini Flight in the Blackhawk, and swear in with the my new ANG squadron. Separation orders are cut by the Army Guard to release me
  • 5/6 Jan 2019: First official drill weekend with squadron, gaining process begins, and I begin working on my ARB packet
  • 25 Feb 19: School Dates Received (starting UPT fall 2019 and bypassing IFT)
    • hoping for a shortfall to get a sooner class date...anyone want to trade 😉

So jealous bro! congratulations. Which UPT are you going to? glad it all worked out. I hope I can have a similar turn around time as you.

Cheers

First time caller, long time listener here. Currently a NG Warrant helo pilot making the jump. Currently my dates are as follows:

AFOQT/TBAS: 01/2017

Interviewed w/ AF Reserve Squadron: 01/2017

Sponsored: 01/2017

1st attempt at DD 368 (Denied): 02/2017

Reached back out to Reserve Squadron and notified that position was still available: 02/2019

2nd attempt at DD 368 submitted to CoC: 03/2019

MEPS: ????

FC1: ????

AFRC Board: ????

Swearing In/Last Flight in Army Helo: ????

Inprocessing: ????

OTS: ????

UPT: ????

Thanks to everyone's insight, I understand the prolonged timeline to getting fully accessed. However, I was wondering if any Reserve bros could give me any insight has to how long of a wait is anticipated between swearing in/in-processing and getting sent to OTS? Also I've heard that upon in-processing at OTS that I'd be on continuous orders until I complete UPT, any truth to that? I know with the Guard that they like to break up orders, so they can save G3 some money.

Just wanted to get some more knowledge since I'd be leaving my full-time Tech job and if so, then I might need to make a stop over to a couple regionals to supplement the lack of income.

6 minutes ago, Misfit42 said:

First time caller, long time listener here. Currently a NG Warrant helo pilot making the jump. Currently my dates are as follows:

AFOQT/TBAS: 01/2017

Interviewed w/ AF Reserve Squadron: 01/2017

Sponsored: 01/2017

1st attempt at DD 368 (Denied): 02/2017

Reached back out to Reserve Squadron and notified that position was still available: 02/2019

2nd attempt at DD 368 submitted to CoC: 03/2019

MEPS: ????

FC1: ????

AFRC Board: ????

Swearing In/Last Flight in Army Helo: ????

Inprocessing: ????

OTS: ????

UPT: ????

Thanks to everyone's insight, I understand the prolonged timeline to getting fully accessed. However, I was wondering if any Reserve bros could give me any insight has to how long of a wait is anticipated between swearing in/in-processing and getting sent to OTS? Also I've heard that upon in-processing at OTS that I'd be on continuous orders until I complete UPT, any truth to that? I know with the Guard that they like to break up orders, so they can save G3 some money.

Just wanted to get some more knowledge since I'd be leaving my full-time Tech job and if so, then I might need to make a stop over to a couple regionals to supplement the lack of income.

@FDNYOldGuy can help with the reserve timeline. He had a fairly quick turn around and is in OTS currently last I spoke to him.

What hurdles are you hitting with your 368?

4 minutes ago, JustHangingOut said:

@FDNYOldGuy can help with the reserve timeline. He had a fairly quick turn around and is in OTS currently last I spoke to him.

What hurdles are you hitting with your 368?

Thanks @JustHangingOut ! Just submitted to new DD 368 to CoC today, so we shall see. The hurdle I had before was that the BN was prepping for a deployment and wasn't letting anyone go, bc they wanted people on the "bench" to send if needed. I didn't end up going. Currently they're letting people go AD (Regular Army, 160th, etc.) and get out, so I'm hoping to get a release before they stop letting folks go.

4 minutes ago, Misfit42 said:

Thanks @JustHangingOut ! Just submitted to new DD 368 to CoC today, so we shall see. The hurdle I had before was that the BN was prepping for a deployment and wasn't letting anyone go, bc they wanted people on the "bench" to send if needed. I didn't end up going. Currently they're letting people go AD (Regular Army, 160th, etc.) and get out, so I'm hoping to get a release before they stop letting folks go.

do you have any ADSO remaining from mother rucker, or any track school?

2 hours ago, JustHangingOut said:

do you have any ADSO remaining from mother rucker, or any track school?

2 years left from Mother Rucker (I'm anticipating some pushback for that). Trying to jump before I go to Safety and IPC later this FY and get locked in for longer.

Edited by Misfit42