Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

Guest SuiSideburns

Has anyone recently (in the last few months) had their package sent up to NGB and it just stall there? My recruiter says they're trying to find out why it's been there for 12 weeks. I'm just curious if anyone else has had a problem with this or if it's just my shitty luck.

5 minutes ago, scott2375 said:

Has anyone recently (in the last few months) had their package sent up to NGB and it just stall there? My recruiter says they're trying to find out why it's been there for 12 weeks. I'm just curious if anyone else has had a problem with this or if it's just my shitty luck.

I've heard non-priors, not age critical, no waivers required taking 4-5 months. A few people I know had to wait 6 months between swearing in and FCI.  

Edited by tk1313

9 minutes ago, tk1313 said:

I've heard non-priors, not age critical, no waivers required taking 4-5 months. A few people I know had to wait 6 months between swearing in and FCI.  

I had two separate friends in June and August get theirs through in 5 weeks. No waivers or anything. But I suppose priorities can change in a short period of time.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, scott2375 said:

I had two separate friends in June and August get theirs through in 5 weeks. No waivers or anything. But I suppose priorities can change in a short period of time.

There doesn’t seem to be any formula for an ETA with NGB. Heard many different wait times... 

21 hours ago, scott2375 said:

Mine was sent in early October and I've heard nothing. The recruiter said that he has contacted a Major up there but hasn't got a response. I'm just bracing for a wait time of 6 months for the worst case scenario...

46 minutes ago, bluesidedown said:

Mine was sent in early October and I've heard nothing. The recruiter said that he has contacted a Major up there but hasn't got a response. I'm just bracing for a wait time of 6 months for the worst case scenario...

Yeah mine was sent up August 18. So I'm coming up on 3 months. And they even called my recruiter on October 20 asking for some additional paperwork. So that at least tells me they were looking at it at some point.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 1:35 PM, Heavywanabe said:

I'm going Reserve, off the street.

Interview Jan 2017

Hired Jan 2017

FC1 Feb 2017

FC1 approved March 2017

Package submitted to board April 2017  (Meets end of May, Awaiting approval)

Update,

OTS Sep 17

UPT Dec 17

From hire to UPT 11 months. 

Guard/Non-prior, I feel my dates have been a lot quicker than everyone so far:

Interview: September 2017

Hired: September 2017

MEPS: November 2017 

FC1: November 2017

Waiting on OTS dates now. Is it typical that my package gets sent after my FC1 is cleared or is the package sent without the FC1 information? Also, I assume that if we failed any part of the FC1, we'd know about it within a few days of the physical rather than months after? Lastly, I was a couple pounds over for the FC1, will the AGB see that as an issue? Obviously I'll be the correct weight before OTS and was for MEPS, but Thanksgiving happened.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AlphaPapa said:

Guard/Non-prior, I feel my dates have been a lot quicker than everyone so far:

Interview: September 2017

Hired: September 2017

MEPS: November 2017 

FC1: November 2017

Waiting on OTS dates now. Is it typical that my package gets sent after my FC1 is cleared or is the package sent without the FC1 information? Also, I assume that if we failed any part of the FC1, we'd know about it within a few days of the physical rather than months after? Lastly, I was a couple pounds over for the FC1, will the AGB see that as an issue? Obviously I'll be the correct weight before OTS and was for MEPS, but Thanksgiving happened.

I was told the package sits at NGB awaiting an approved FC1. Yes, you should have been told if there was any issues/waivers needed when you were at Wright-Patt. A couple pounds over the max weight for the T-6? That weight is around 245 or something... Don't quote me, but just figure that out. If you're over that weight, I don't really know what happens.

Also, that is pretty quick for FC1, so hopefully NGB approval will be pretty quick for you too. Congrats!

Edited by tk1313

1 hour ago, tk1313 said:

I was told the package sits at NGB awaiting an approved FC1. Yes, you should have been told if there was any issues/waivers needed when you were at Wright-Patt. A couple pounds over the max weight for the T-6? That weight is around 245 or something... Don't quote me, but just figure that out. If you're over that weight, I don't really know what happens.

Also, that is pretty quick for FC1, so hopefully NGB approval will be pretty quick for you too. Congrats!

Thanks for answering all my questions! Sounds like I'm doing good so far! I was a couple pounds over for my height, far from 245 lbs! Thank you again, hopefully it all continues to go at a good pace.

So, looks like I'll be running straight up the gut for the next year and a half.  Selected September 2017, inprocessed this past week with the 340th FTG at Randolph.

OTS: 9 Jan to 9 Mar
...2 days later:
SERE: 12 Mar to 30 Mar
...4 days later:
Water survival: 4 Apr to 5 Apr
...5 days of driving later: 
UPT (Vance): 10 Apr (report date), 24 Apr 2018 to May 2019.

Not only did I get SERE before UPT and 2 days after OTS, but no real breaks in training, just PCS travel days.  

Let's get this party started!

Edited by extender10
  • Upvote 4

14 hours ago, extender10 said:

So, looks like I'll be running straight up the gut for the next year and a half.  Selected September 2017, inprocessed this past week with the 340th FTG at Randolph.

...2 days later:
...4 days later:

Not only did I get SERE before UPT and 2 days after OTS, but no real breaks in training, just PCS travel days.  

have they switched up the curriculum to place SERE before UPT like the Army does?

15 hours ago, extender10 said:

...2 days later:
...4 days later:

Did you ask for SERE before UPT? You're going to be brining your own handcuffs and whip aren't you?

• Upvote 1

Haha,

I did not ask - but it seemed to be the case for a bunch of us actually.  I think that they are trying to avoid BITs (breaks in training) and trying to flow us to FTU as quickly and efficiently as possible.

Really looking forward to commissioning, getting some happy photos with my family, and then immediately going off to Advanced Beatings

FWIW here’s my AFRC experience so far. Prior service army pilot with decent break in service and ETPs required. 

Oct 15 - “hired” 

Oct 16 - recruiter assigned 

Nov 6 - MEPS (could have been a week or so earlier but recruiter messed up paperwork) Tried to rush it to get into Nov AFRC board but that didn’t work. Going to Jan AFRC Board now  

FC1 scheduled for Feb 19th (imo that could have been done in Dec, but, here we are) 

No idea for UPT start. Don’t need OTS or SERE. Hoping for early summer pipeline start, but that seems optimistic since dudes are already getting plugged in UPT in that timeframe and I won’t be sworn in for another couple months. 

Will update when further along. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FlyArmy said:

FWIW here’s my AFRC experience so far. Prior service army pilot with decent break in service and ETPs required. 

Oct 15 - “hired” 

Oct 16 - recruiter assigned 

Nov 6 - MEPS (could have been a week or so earlier but recruiter messed up paperwork) Tried to rush it to get into Nov AFRC board but that didn’t work. Going to Jan AFRC Board now  

FC1 scheduled for Feb 19th (imo that could have been done in Dec, but, here we are) 

No idea for UPT start. Don’t need OTS or SERE. Hoping for early summer pipeline start, but that seems optimistic since dudes are already getting plugged in UPT in that timeframe and I won’t be sworn in for another couple months. 

Will update when further along. 

See you at Wright Patt on the 19th!