Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

Guest SuiSideburns

10 hours ago, Vixty said:

Does anyone know how the GB determines class dates?  It seems that some get dates a year out while others only a month or two.  Is it first come first serve, or does the age of the individual go into account?  

From what I have seen it is a bit of first come first serve, age in some cases, and availability in others (OTS/UPT class date availability). I know my package was pushed through with some priority to it due to my age (I'm now 29). Also, I know my recruiter was emailing their contact at the GB nearly once a week for an update due to the timeline. Your unit can help press getting dates sooner depending on how quickly they need you or for varying circumstances. Long story short, if you have a few years before hitting the age cutoff, expect to wait longer but be prepared for only 2 months notice. You never really know what may happen. Typically if your recruiter has been around awhile, they can give you a decent estimate as to how long it may be.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, RC87 said:

From what I have seen it is a bit of first come first serve, age in some cases, and availability in others (OTS/UPT class date availability). I know my package was pushed through with some priority to it due to my age (I'm now 29). Also, I know my recruiter was emailing their contact at the GB nearly once a week for an update due to the timeline. Your unit can help press getting dates sooner depending on how quickly they need you or for varying circumstances. Long story short, if you have a few years before hitting the age cutoff, expect to wait longer but be prepared for only 2 months notice. You never really know what may happen. Typically if your recruiter has been around awhile, they can give you a decent estimate as to how long it may be.

Thanks,  I turn 29 in May and I won't be able to swear in until at least July since I'm having to palace chase from AD.  My package however is currently being submitted to the GB so once I swear in I only need the MFS and a request for class dates if my package gets the go ahead.  

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, how long did it take to get NGB approval after your package was sent?

The way I understand it, my recruiter sends my accession package up to the state HQ. Then, it gets forwarded to the NGB, and from there I get my golden ticket. Any idea for how long that timeline will take?

Thanks

36 minutes ago, RunningMan said:

Mine was sent to state HQ Jan 25th and I was told it made it to NGB at some point already but not sure how long ago. I'm still waiting on approval but was told any day now. I hear it's within 5 weeks or so. 

Thank you

Do you have any ideas of when you'll be starting?

We might end up on the same timeline, but I'm obviously uninformed.

Edited by topdeadcenter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, Goosewho? said:

Just learned from my recruiter that NGB had the package sitting on their desk for the past 2 months and nobody even knew. So today they now know and said I should have my letter within 2 weeks. 

Do you have a phone number I can follow up with for my package?

10 minutes ago, tk1313 said:

Does the package go to NGB before or after FC1?

It's supposed to be sent after FC1 and MFS results are approved, but I've heard of instances where units submit the officer accession package to NGB before the medical to speed things up.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, tk1313 said:

Does the package go to NGB before or after FC1?

Supposedly FC1 does not have to be completed prior to submittal up to NGB. Had 2 guys at WPAFB with me getting FC1, who already had approved package from NGB, and were weeks away from TFOT commencing.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, pilotbeech said:

Do you have a phone number I can follow up with for my package?

18 minutes ago, Magic24 said:

Same, sounds like I'm in the same boat!

I'm sorry I do not have a phone number for NGB. Your officer accessions recruiter should be able to tell you everything you need to know.