Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

Guest SuiSideburns

21 hours ago, UncleFunyun said:

TJ, did you get the e-mail saying they're trying to push guys through right now, and that we're supposed to be in TFOT by 9/21?

I got that email (it was only for fighter guys I think).  They revised the email and it is no longer a priority as the regular AF has taken some of the slots instead.  Therefore, no big push anymore to send guys to the 9/21 iteration... too bad. 

They called me about 3 weeks ago (a week before I enlisted) asking if I can attend OTS in 3 weeks (meaning this week or so). That seems incredibly hasty. I reminded them that I hadn't even enlisted yet and don't have a security clearance yet. The next available OTS class, they said, was in January so that's what I'm signed up for. So yes, it sounds like they are/were trying to push people through who had all their paperwork already in order. 

54 minutes ago, bb17 said:

They called me about 3 weeks ago (a week before I enlisted) asking if I can attend OTS in 3 weeks (meaning this week or so). That seems incredibly hasty. I reminded them that I hadn't even enlisted yet and don't have a security clearance yet. The next available OTS class, they said, was in January so that's what I'm signed up for. So yes, it sounds like they are/were trying to push people through who had all their paperwork already in order. 

I will take your spot this month if you can't make it :)

15 hours ago, black hills tj said:

Scratch that...dates just dropped!

Interview: 3 Jun 16

Selected: 4 Jun 16

FC1: 29 Aug 16

TFOT: 11 Jan 17

IFS: 21 Mar 17

UPT: 17 May 17

Wow... you went to FC1 last week and you already got your dates dropped?  Are you ANG?  Or Reserve?

On 9/15/2016 at 8:18 PM, BEEPBEEPIMINAJEEP said:

How do you get IFS exempt? 

In Active Duty and Reserves, you are automatically exempt by having a PPL or greater. In the Guard, this would be at the discretion of the unit sending you to UPT, regardless of you having your PPL.

On 9/7/2016 at 4:54 PM, black hills tj said:

Scratch that...dates just dropped!

Interview: 3 Jun 16

Selected: 4 Jun 16

FC1: 29 Aug 16

TFOT: 11 Jan 17

IFS: 21 Mar 17

UPT: 17 May 17

Wow thats fast. I got hired November 2015, and did FC1 on Aug 15, 2016. Still no dates, and I don't even think my unit has my fc1 results yet. Did you do your fc1 at Wright-Patt?

14 minutes ago, alphadeltaIII said:

Wow thats fast. I got hired November 2015, and did FC1 on Aug 15, 2016. Still no dates, and I don't even think my unit has my fc1 results yet. Did you do your fc1 at Wright-Patt?

Yeah, I was at Wright-Patt for my FC1.  Dates dropped the next week.  Don't be afraid to hound the folks at your unit for dates. 

14 minutes ago, black hills tj said:

Yeah, I was at Wright-Patt for my FC1.  Dates dropped the next week.  Don't be afraid to hound the folks at your unit for dates. 

Me and the guy I got hired with have both been asking tons of questions from people at our unit, but it always seems like nobody knows anything, and then they send you to ask someone else :bash: Were you prior enlisted by any chance? Didn't know if that helped speed up the process any.

1 minute ago, alphadeltaIII said:

Me and the guy I got hired with have both been asking tons of questions from people at our unit, but it always seems like nobody knows anything, and then they send you to ask someone else :bash: Were you prior enlisted by any chance? Didn't know if that helped speed up the process any.

Yes, I was already enlisted in my unit.  So that may have helped a bit.  Which unit did you get picked up by?

On 9/8/2016 at 9:42 AM, black hills tj said:

I am ANG.  I've been waiting for dates all summer long!

When did you put your packet up to the Guard bureau? I just got my FC1 results back, and he said he's going to put the packet together before too long. He said it takes a while for him because he has to get signatures from all sorts of people, but once he sends it up to the NGB that it takes on average 5-10 weeks. however I have seen on here that it can take as little as a couple weeks for some people. just curious what your experience was. I also got hired in April, and will be IFS exempt. Hopefully I can go soon!

Edited by Ang135futurepilot

54 minutes ago, Ang135futurepilot said:

When did you put your packet up to the Guard bureau? I just got my FC1 results back, and he said he's going to put the packet together before too long. He said it takes a while for him because he has to get signatures from all sorts of people, but once he sends it up to the NGB that it takes on average 5-10 weeks. however I have seen on here that it can take as little as a couple weeks for some people. just curious what your experience was. I also got hired in April, and will be IFS exempt. Hopefully I can go soon!

I am honestly not sure exactly when my packet went to the NGB.  I made sure I had everything tied up on my end ASAP after I got the nod.  I rode the recruiter and training pretty good this summer to try to get things moving quickly.  Sorry I couldn't be more help there!

• Like 1

I'm going Reserve:

March 2012 - AFOQT/TBAS

June 2015 - MEPS Physical

Sept 2015 - Interviewed

Sept 2015 - Offered Job

March 2016 - FC1

June 2016 - AFRC sponsored application submitted

August 2016 - Enlisted

Jan 2017 - OTS

IFS - Exempt

UPT - ???

Edited by bb17

Does anyone have experience with being an alternate that was later moved up to a primary? Almost 1 year has gone by since that interview, and I just got a call saying I got the slot. I'm concerned that I have a lot less time than the usual salectee because of the circumstances.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, roto said:

Does anyone have experience with being an alternate that was later moved up to a primary? Almost 1 year has gone by since that interview, and I just got a call saying I got the slot. I'm concerned that I have a lot less time than the usual salectee because of the circumstances.

Yes. Over 1 year for me. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 8:53 PM, roto said:

Congrats, Roto!  Which unit?