Kicked out of AFROTC HELP!?

Guest AFTricker

No kidding. We all know how the ability to lead is highly dependent on a good college GPA.

You know...you're right about that on second thought Spoo. I think a persons GPA is indicative of a few things though, maybe leadership isn't one of them. It does make me wonder why all of our service branches seem to put a premium on the high ones as well as the civilian world and also my experience in dealing with people who have just above a "D" scholastic average and those with a "B-" and above. Not trying to flame anyone here, just trying to understand the mentality of accepting sub-par performance.

Edited by rcwelch

Guest AFTricker

Uhhh so I wrote an MFR pleading to be allowed back into AFROTC and asked for a yes or now answer. The answer I got was that you are not allowed back into the program. So basically it ended there. I just got home and saw and email.

" I just left a voicemail informing you that you have been re-admitted into our program. Congrats and let me know if you have any questions."

What on earth... I don't even know what to think. They looked at my grades before and said it was all correct. Now they say there was a miss calculation and let me back in....?

Does this sound phony to you all?? Sounds like a made up story they gave me. I just don't know what to think. It's like Christmas.

Uhhh so I wrote an MFR pleading to be allowed back into AFROTC and asked for a yes or now answer. The answer I got was that you are not allowed back into the program. So basically it ended there. I just got home and saw and email.

" I just left a voicemail informing you that you have been re-admitted into our program. Congrats and let me know if you have any questions."

What on earth... I don't even know what to think. They looked at my grades before and said it was all correct. Now they say there was a miss calculation and let me back in....?

Does this sound phony to you all?? Sounds like a made up story they gave me. I just don't know what to think. It's like Christmas.

Dude, don't worry about it, if they are letting you back then STFU and get back into the game! Consider it a second chance and make the most of it!

Congrats... don't f it up.

Don't see why they would play a prank like that, most likely they looked at the fact you had a B before the final and wondered how it went to a D, then recalculated.

Uhhh...

Congrats! Run with it and DFU again. Best of luck!

P.S. Don't let the shit you read on here get you down. It's a place to vent.

• 2 weeks later...

Bra,

Reading your posts two things are very apparent;

1. You get excited very easily and the emotion translates to your posts.

2. You suck at typing.

Where am I going... a bit of advice and this is not meant to kick you in the junk, simply a vector to keep your backside out of future trouble.

Emotion can be good, but it should almost always be internal when it comes to the USAF. Showing your are dedicated usually comes from deeds, not words or "good intent".

I suck at typing as well and I force myself to follow a few simple rules;

1. Wait 24 hours before sending a reply to something that made you mad. Sleeping on an issue can allow you to collect your thoughts and remove the emotion from an argument. I've seen a large number of folks mort themselves with an off-the-cuff reply full of anger.

2. When you type something important, walk away for a few minutes then come back and re-read it before you hit send. You will catch many of the common errors like "asked for a yes or now answer". I know you are just typing on the internet, but I am guessing that same habit translates to your other communication.

You just had a lucky break...make the most of it! Stop making the excuse that your GPA would be higher without AFROTC...just fix it. If you are struggling to pass a 200 level Aerospank class, then you are going to have serious issues at UPT. This sounds like a wake-up call and I hope you do something about it. What is it you really want in life? You have two years of college left and if you are trying to go to UPT, the next year is probably the most important. Focus on your "learning" for a bit and see what happens.

Don't Fuck it up!

Bra,

Reading your posts two things are very apparent;

1. You get excited very easily and the emotion translates to your posts.

2. You suck at typing.

Where am I going... a bit of advice and this is not meant to kick you in the junk, simply a vector to keep your backside out of future trouble.

Emotion can be good, but it should almost always be internal when it comes to the USAF. Showing your are dedicated usually comes from deeds, not words or "good intent".

I suck at typing as well and I force myself to follow a few simple rules;

1. Wait 24 hours before sending a reply to something that made you mad. Sleeping on an issue can allow you to collect your thoughts and remove the emotion from an argument. I've seen a large number of folks mort themselves with an off-the-cuff reply full of anger.

2. When you type something important, walk away for a few minutes then come back and re-read it before you hit send. You will catch many of the common errors like "asked for a yes or now answer". I know you are just typing on the internet, but I am guessing that same habit translates to your other communication.

You just had a lucky break...make the most of it! Stop making the excuse that your GPA would be higher without AFROTC...just fix it. If you are struggling to pass a 200 level Aerospank class, then you are going to have serious issues at UPT. This sounds like a wake-up call and I hope you do something about it. What is it you really want in life? You have two years of college left and if you are trying to go to UPT, the next year is probably the most important. Focus on your "learning" for a bit and see what happens.

Don't ###### it up!

This is sage advice. I've been fortunate not to have work emails be misconstrued based on word choice or perceived emotion, but I cannot say the same for emails with the wife while deployed. It's all good now, but email in no way properly captures the correct emotions or lack thereof.