Forum errors

Baseops.Net

• 1 month later...

Been getting this all day:

Pop up box saying "Action failed" when I go to post. Hit cancel and it lets me post as normal.

At bottom of each page:

There appears to be an error with the database.If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here</p>

Not sure about this one Steve... been working through another database issue this evening - but seems to be resolved as of this post.

Still happening, I'm afraid :(

Baseops has been very slow for me for a couple of weeks, and it is also frequently unresponsive when trying to post replies (the replies are posted, but the confirmation screen is never shown to me. I have to go to the main forum and hit refresh). I am guessing I am not the only one to get this, since there has been one triple post recently, and more than one double post.

As of this morning, I have been getting the aforementioned unresponsiveness and the forum errors mentioned in the previous post.

Still happening, I'm afraid :(

Baseops has been very slow for me for a couple of weeks, and it is also frequently unresponsive when trying to post replies (the replies are posted, but the confirmation screen is never shown to me. I have to go to the main forum and hit refresh). I am guessing I am not the only one to get this, since there has been one triple post recently, and more than one double post.

As of this morning, I have been getting the aforementioned unresponsiveness and the forum errors mentioned in the previous post.

"2"

Sorry guys - working the issue right now.

It's been a challenge trying to synch up the server-side support guys along with the forums software support guys. Maybe I'm not paying them enough?

Bear with me and we'll get this thing fixed and speedier.

Sorry guys - working the issue right now.

It's been a challenge trying to synch up the server-side support guys along with the forums software support guys. Maybe I'm not paying them enough?

Bear with me and we'll get this thing fixed and speedier.

We've got all the time in the world, and realize all the work you put into the board. Just reporting, far from criticizing. :salut:

OK fellas - we've done some work on the servers. Over the past long weekend many upgrades were installed/tweaked.

Please let me know if:

1.) you experience any new or recurring old problems

2.) you find the baseops experience any speedier or more efficient

v/r

BASEOPS

• 7 months later...

Is anyone else still encountering forum errors? Within the past hour I've seen three errors related to disk allocation...something about line "360". I ask because I notice the same errors early each morning around 0530. I usually get up to work out and check the forum with a cup of coffee. For the last few weeks the forum fails to load about 50% of the time. It usually resolves by 0600. Perhaps they are doing a back up?

I just logged on for the first time today, and so far everything is operating as expected...

Actually, correction, I did check in around 0430L as I do every morning via my HTC Hero. I've not encountered a single problem doing so in the past two weeks...

Cheers! M2

Edited by M2

Just got this error when I tried to access the forum about 10 min ago:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1310720) (tried to allocate 48 bytes) in /home/flyingsq/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classDbMysqliClient.php on line 465

And this one not long after:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 2097152) (tried to allocate 45 bytes) in /home/flyingsq/public_html/forums/admin/sources/classes/class_localization.php on line 545
Edited by TacAirCoug

I get the same errors, with very high frequency. (Including when I tried to post this)

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 3670016) (tried to allocate 132178 bytes) in /home/flyingsq/public_html/forums/cache/skin_cache/cacheid_1/skin_global.php on line 77

It is not the same line number every time, and it doesn't depend on which forum I try to enter. If I keep clicking or wait long enough, eventually I can get past it. So it seems to be random somehow.

It is not the same line number every time, and it doesn't depend on which forum I try to enter. If I keep clicking or wait long enough, eventually I can get past it.

Same problem here, for about the past three days now (about the same time as CH posted). It seemed to improve (i.e., not happen) yesterday, but back to the same issue today.

xerox here on the mem errors.

Warning: mysqli_query() [function.mysqli-query]: (HY000/2008): MySQL client ran out of memory in /home/flyingsq/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classDbMysqliClient.php on line 222

Edited by stract

Guest Raptor08

Warning: mysqli_query() [function.mysqli-query]: (HY000/2008): MySQL client ran out of memory in /home/flyingsq/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classDbMysqliClient.php on line 222

Here is what I've been seeing...

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1048576) (tried to allocate 30923 bytes) in /home/flyingsq/public_html/forums/ips_kernel/classDbMysqliClient.php on line 465

Hope this helps with troubleshooting.