Little Rock info

Guest pilotpm

Chip's not a bad guy. Outspoken? Yes, and that rubs some people the wrong way. 1,500 hours mostly because he flew fighters to start and hasn't spent many flying tours in the Herk...plus he's been bounced from school to staff to leadership a lot in the past 5-6 years.

Definitely better than Rhat.

He seemed like a good dude at Yokota, from a young guys perspective. He was regularly in the squadron, engaged with everyone. flew with him once or twice, didn't hate it.

2, I found him to be an awesome dude. Very charismatic and always interacted with everyone, including us young LTs at the time. I think he will be a solid wing king especially after Rhat.

• Upvote 1

Stupid question pause in the thread:

Nav to pilot, ok, not uncommon.

Heavy to fighter - back in the day, was possible (saw it once from E-3 to F-15C).

F15E to C-130 after only a few years? Injury (saw it once F-15E to E-8, "no more ejection seat for you!")?

No disrespect or insult intended for either community, just not part of either community and it looks 'different.'

Stupid question pause in the thread:

Nav to pilot, ok, not uncommon.

Heavy to fighter - back in the day, was possible (saw it once from E-3 to F-15C).

F15E to C-130 after only a few years? Injury (saw it once F-15E to E-8, "no more ejection seat for you!")?

No disrespect or insult intended for either community, just not part of either community and it looks 'different.'

He was a nav in slick C-130s before going to pilot training, tracked F-15Es out of there and ended up having some sort of med issue/loss of ejection seat qual leading him back to pilot -130s.

Edited by DirkDiggler

Chip is a known quantity to anyone that has spent some time at the Rock. With that, its most definitely a turn for the better, but that depends on the level of lobotomy performed over the last few years. He'll champion the Herk ways and that is a big positive change from the current regime. Now if he can solve problems instead of firing people, all will be good.

Out

Trying to sort out some travel plans for my dependents before heading overseas, so I figured I'd take a poll on the historical # of CANX days in early April here at The Rock. I'll be on the flight line for a whopping 20 days. Sponsor tells me he ran into a bird problem that delayed him a week or two, but not sure what time of year he was flying. I realize this is relatively futile exercise, but what the hell...

... as a follow up:

I've currently got a 2 week spread between my grad date and RNLTD, so I'm wondering how many days my grad date could be pushed back before they would shift my RNLTD. I've got 7 travel days authorized on my orders to get from LIT - SEA. Cheers.

Trying to sort out some travel plans for my dependents before heading overseas, so I figured I'd take a poll on the historical # of CANX days in early April here at The Rock. I'll be on the flight line for a whopping 20 days. Sponsor tells me he ran into a bird problem that delayed him a week or two, but not sure what time of year he was flying. I realize this is relatively futile exercise, but what the hell...

... as a follow up:

I've currently got a 2 week spread between my grad date and RNLTD, so I'm wondering how many days my grad date could be pushed back before they would shift my RNLTD. I've got 7 travel days authorized on my orders to get from LIT - SEA. Cheers.

H model dude going to yokota?

If my wife joins me in LR and we get a place at family housing for the 5mo TDY (they already told me there is a house available for us to rent), what kind of lodging and food per diem do I get? BAH?

Family housing is $999 for a 3 bed (all ultilities included) and $950 for a 2bed, but we have a dog that will be growing between 70-80# while we are there, so having a fence is high on the priority list. Anyone know of any other options with cheaper rent with fences?

Hrmph... say more about that last bit.

Expecting the "all meals provided" MI&E until I hit the flightline (last 3 weeks or so)...

Edited by Linda

Yeah, the folks at 58 SOW have had that memo as long as I can remember... it's just smart, and how life really works.

The fact that the "all meals available" payment won't pay for all the meals at the chow hall continues to chap my backside.

• 2 weeks later...

My .02 on Chip, thought he was a great dude while at Yokota. Flew with him once or twice as a fairly young copilot and he loved goin back to being a crew dog, if even just for an afternoon. A 1st Lt appreciates that when flying with an O-6... I was sad to see him leave after like a year at YJ, actually heard he'd punched but I guess not. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but I'd say LR is in for a good deal. (Obviously better than what they've got, but you know what I mean.)

Yeah, the folks at 58 SOW have had that memo as long as I can remember... it's just smart, and how life really works.

The fact that the "all meals available" payment won't pay for all the meals at the chow hall continues to chap my backside.

Go to the ETCA website. The schoolhouse CC signed a memo a while back that directs, IAW the JTR, half of the TDY days at GMR and half the days at PMR. It has been that way for several years.

• 4 months later...