Little Rock info

Guest pilotpm

I live in Overlook Park, which is up past the Heights (on the other side of Cammack Village) near the Big Dam Bridge. It's a great neighborhood and I love living here. The Heights and Hillcrest are nice as well, but garage/parking space is at a premium. There are a few really cool places closer to downtown LR, but (with a couple of specific exceptions in an area called Quapaw Quarter) stay north of I-630 and definitely west of I-30 downtown. WLR and Maumelle are nice and newer, but they're a pretty good trek to the base. In fact, anyplace where you have to cross the river adds to your travel time to the base, although it's not so bad from downtown LR, the heights or Hillcrest. The best night spots for me are the Heights & Hillcrest because they aren't touristy, the RiverMarket (downtown) is OK as well but is a little touristy and can get a little wild on weekends. I know alot less about the NLR/Sherwood?Jax side than I do about the LR side. Specific questions ask or PM me I've lived here since 1989.

• 2 months later...

Currently, I'm PCSing back to my home of record via DITY with a car in tow. Along the way, I'll be passing thru Little Rock. I have to be back in Little Rock at the beginning of January for C130 school. So, I want to drop off the car that I'm towing in Little Rock. Can anybody currently at the base, point me in the direction of long term parking on base? Or a parking lot that will not tow a car parked for over a month?

Also, the car will be packed with house hold things, such as rugs, housewares, ect, would you feel save with your car parked for about a month on base with those things visible in the car?

Thanks,

Jake

You could literally park in one of about 7 parking lots along the flightline road and no one would ever look twice at it.

I'm pretty sure I saw a truck with flat tires in one of those parking lots for a good 9 months.

You could literally park in one of about 7 parking lots along the flightline road and no one would ever look twice at it.

I'm pretty sure I saw a truck with flat tires in one of those parking lots for a good 9 months.

Thanks, guys. I ended up calling Outdoor Rec and paying $10 to park it in the RV/Trailer lot. However, I started by asking Razorback Inn, which I was told my car will be towed. I asked how she would know, she said, "They just would." It wasn't worth arguing. Who the hell is "they?" I was told to contact Security Forces (You can see where this is going). The Officer at Security Forces said my car would get towed and I need to call the First Shirts at the 714th to coordinate something. Then, the Officer told me he needed to go because I was clogging his emergency line. So, he hung up. He gave me two numbers for two different First Shirts, which no one answered. So, I just called Outdoor Rec. The gentleman was very helpful. It all worked out.

I would have just left it in a parking but the base is unfamiliar to me and didn't want to start my short period there with getting a car out of the impound lot or settling a ticket. Lesson learned. Thanks again for all the help.

• Upvote 1

Not a rumor...that list has been out for several weeks.

Noticed this bio is over 2 years old. Where is he now? I thought Cool Hand was the current YJ Vice.

According to the global it looks like he's coming from the Pentagon.

Edited by Champ Kind