Little Rock info

Guest pilotpm

Guest uscmas412

Does anyone know how backed up Little Rock is with NAV training? Apparently my class was only given one C-130 slot due to some sort of back-up in the training pipeline. There aren't supposed to be any for the next class. How long can I expect to be at Little Rock? (i've been told 4-5 months but I can't find anything definite)

Guest Wh4tig0t
Does anyone know how backed up Little Rock is with NAV training? Apparently my class was only given one C-130 slot due to some sort of back-up in the training pipeline. There aren't supposed to be any for the next class. How long can I expect to be at Little Rock? (i've been told 4-5 months but I can't find anything definite)

If your going to slicks eventually, meaning you get to do formation stuff, I'd say about 7-8 months. Single ship only guys are looking at a little less than 6 months. That's right now, as in I'm about to be done single ship only. It should probably get alittle quicker here soon as the flying squadron gets cause up and the Guard starts taking people for level 2. And they may be doing reduced flying initial qual more soon, meaning no flights until you finish high level and start low level stuff. That will speed things up too, but hope you don't get that.

Guest Hueypilot812

They are backed up at LR, mostly due to permanent party manning. Expect to be there a bit longer if you're starting anytime in the near future. 6-7 months is probably a good guess. RFIQ (Reduced Flying Initial Qual) is supposed to kick off this summer, so if you start prior to that it may not affect you. You said in another thread that you're going to Pete, so expect to do level 1-3 (Qual/Single Ship/Formation/SKE), which is the longest syllabus. If you are going to bring your family I suggest finding a good 2 bedroom (1bedroom w/o kids) apartment...there are plenty out there, and the TLF is nice as well, if they have the room for you.

Guest Form 8
They are backed up at LR, mostly due to permanent party manning. Expect to be there a bit longer if you're starting anytime in the near future. 6-7 months is probably a good guess. RFIQ (Reduced Flying Initial Qual) is supposed to kick off this summer, so if you start prior to that it may not affect you. You said in another thread that you're going to Pete, so expect to do level 1-3 (Qual/Single Ship/Formation/SKE), which is the longest syllabus. If you are going to bring your family I suggest finding a good 2 bedroom (1bedroom w/o kids) apartment...there are plenty out there, and the TLF is nice as well, if they have the room for you.

The Links, lol.

Guest uscmas412

Do most people bring the family? I planned on having my wife live with her family while I was at Little Rock. How difficult is it to take leave on three day weekends, holidays, etc. if I wanted to visit?

Guest Hueypilot812

Many people bring their families. The trick is finding a place that will rent to you for the authorized per diem. Several apartment communities do this, such as The Links in Sherwood. They have one and two bedroom apartments that are furnished, and they should rent for about the monthly per diem rate. If you choose to decline quarters in the VOQ, they will only pay you what the VOQ costs per day, plus the partial per diem rate. You can look up the government quarters rate and partial per diem by clicking on the "useful links" icon on the DFAS website, and they will have a link to the per diem website.

You can take passes on the weekends, so long as it's within a certain radius of the base (something like 300 miles...you can ask the 714 TRS what it is). Anything outside of that you have to be on leave, and they will only authorize leave for certain situations and/or timeframes. If there's a long weekend, they will usually authorize leave, as well as Christmas and Thanksgiving holidays. Just be prepared to explain to them your travel plans to the nth degree.

If you'd rather leave your spouse behind and visit, then just stay in the VOQ, it's more convenient that way.

Single ship only guys are looking at a little less than 6 months. That's right now, as in I'm about to be done single ship only.

Expect to be there a bit longer if you're starting anytime in the near future. 6-7 months is probably a good guess.

That's so depressing... I was really hoping to be out of here in 4 months...

That's so depressing... I was really hoping to be out of here in 4 months...

Not necessarily true. I just retired from the 714th, and am going back to work there in April as a GS. Before I left (2 weeks ago), students with follow-ons to Kirtland/Cannon/Hurlburt were the priority. AFSOC's tired of the BS, and called AETC's bluff on slick students being the priority. Last I heard, AFSOC folks would be graduating on time/early...

FWIW

hows the :rainbow: model time line looking? my orders show about 7 months....is that accurate?

The J timeline depends on if you are short or long course. Long course takes 7 months, 3 for basic qual and 4 for tac qual. The short course guys are done in 4 months.

Not necessarily true. I just retired from the 714th, and am going back to work there in April as a GS. Before I left (2 weeks ago), students with follow-ons to Kirtland/Cannon/Hurlburt were the priority. AFSOC's tired of the BS, and called AETC's bluff on slick students being the priority. Last I heard, AFSOC folks would be graduating on time/early...

FWIW

That's a ray of hope right there! I was asking around today to see if anyone could tell me at least what to expect in regards to either graduating on time or being stuck here for a little longer since my Kirtland dates are relatively close behind my LR dates, but all I got was "this place is so dynamic that I don't even know what to tell you"

• 1 month later...
Guest uscmas412
Attached is the letter as of Jan 2007.

Does anyone know if the letter posted by Finance Guy on p.7 still applies?

Paragraph three states, “To ensure standardization, I direct all TDY students receive proportional meal rate per diem while billeting in government quarters during the duration of their training at Little Rock AFB. Those refusing government quarters will also be paid at the PMR.”

I've read posts that you only get approximately $10 per diem if you stay in billeting on base, but the quote above says everyone gets the PMR ($31). Could someone currently TDY at Little Rock verify the per diem rate they are receiving?

I'm TDY at Little Rock right now.

Yes, if you are on base OR you refused gov't quarters, you get the proportional rate of $31/day for meals.

If you are off-base with a non-A slip, you get $54/day.

If you want to be off-base at Little Rock, the trick is to just say so the clerk at the lodging front desk that you are "TDY". If you tell them off the bat that you are a student, expect to stay on base. I'm not saying to lie, I'm just saying to not offer up any extraneous information if you aren't queried.

I'm TDY at Little Rock right now.

Yes, if you are on base OR you refused gov't quarters, you get the proportional rate of $31/day for meals.

If you are off-base with a non-A slip, you get $54/day.

If you want to be off-base at Little Rock, the trick is to just say so the clerk at the lodging front desk that you are "TDY". If you tell them off the bat that you are a student, expect to stay on base. I'm not saying to lie, I'm just saying to not offer up any extraneous information if you aren't queried.

Oh yeah,

If you're in Little Rock and you meet a man at All Stars drinking scotch and muttering something about "what might have been", you just met Champ Kind.

FF

Does anyone know if the letter posted by Finance Guy on p.7 still applies?

Paragraph three states, “To ensure standardization, I direct all TDY students receive proportional meal rate per diem while billeting in government quarters during the duration of their training at Little Rock AFB. Those refusing government quarters will also be paid at the PMR.”

I've read posts that you only get approximately $10 per diem if you stay in billeting on base, but the quote above says everyone gets the PMR ($31). Could someone currently TDY at Little Rock verify the per diem rate they are receiving?

Attached is the most recent letter for C-130 Formal Training schools dated 4 Jun 2008. Proportional meal rate still applies for those staying on base or those off base without a non-A.

SRF_0819_Per_Diem.pdf

passed through the other day.

Dang that's a nice gym. And the hotel room was huge too. Only issue I had was that the shower wasn't big enough for 2... or one either for that matter, i kept hitting my elbow on the knob and got really hot or cold water accordingly.

• 2 months later...

Just got to Little Rock, seemingly one of the few that PCS'd for initial qual. Everywhere I have been told are good places to live are out of my BAH price range for a one bedroom. If anyone is coming in for training and would like a roommate, or any other suggestions on where to live please let me know.

Thanks

Guest Form 8

Just got to Little Rock, seemingly one of the few that PCS'd for initial qual. Everywhere I have been told are good places to live are out of my BAH price range for a one bedroom. If anyone is coming in for training and would like a roommate, or any other suggestions on where to live please let me know.

Thanks

The Links is out of your price range?

I guess I meant by the few people I know here who live downtown. I saw the Links on a former post and will be sure to check it out. I mostly posted for the .002% chance I might actually find a roommate here to save even more $$

• 1 month later...