CSO to RPA

Guest Thriller54

Guest Thriller54

Hey guys,

any CSOs out there trying to crossflow to the UAS on this "very limited" time opportunity in December?

Cheers,

Thriller

Guest Thriller54

I know of a lot of people who wanted to do it. But after the Wing made their cuts, only two recommendations were sent off base. Kind of sucks for those who wanted to try something new and won't even have the opportunity. I wonder if other bases did the same thing.

Guest Justshootme

I know of a lot of people who wanted to do it. But after the Wing made their cuts, only two recommendations were sent off base. Kind of sucks for those who wanted to try something new and won't even have the opportunity. I wonder if other bases did the same thing.

For Buffs, we were told you weren't getting released if you didn't have TOS, and if you were a Radar Nav (which most usually are in 1.5 to 2 years) you wouldn't be released at all. So basically, you'd have to be the world's worst B-52 Nav to be eligible.

Guest Thriller54

Justshootme,

as a fellow Buff guy I can definitely attest the information you have is correct. But who cares. I will still apply and they can continue to tell me no. Who knows, maybe they'll slip up once and forget.

~Thriller

Guest Justshootme

Justshootme,

as a fellow Buff guy I can definitely attest the information you have is correct. But who cares. I will still apply and they can continue to tell me no. Who knows, maybe they'll slip up once and forget.

~Thriller

Good luck to ya. I tell ya, it was pretty telling of the morale in the Buff community, specifically Minot, when the CC offers a meeting to talk with any interested folks and over 30 navs/radar navs show up.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Guest Thriller54

Wow. 30? we had numbers, but it wasn't that much. Not that it matters, they told me no again. The two we had go off base with full support from the wing were straight out denied. I'm going to go color now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Curt2000

If you dont get in on the BETA test then you will get your chance once the RPA Pipeline opens up in the near future..probubly a few months after this CSO class graduates

• 10 months later...
Guest sleepynav

Are they still letting Nav's with a FAA Commercial/Instrument crossflow like a Pilot? Or do they have to do this RPA pipeline too?

Are they still letting Nav's with a FAA Commercial/Instrument crossflow like a Pilot? Or do they have to do this RPA pipeline too?

Nope. All go to the RPA pipeline and have to put in a package similar to applying to UPT...With the same restrictions.

• 1 year later...

Are there any CSOs that have recently switched over to RPA, have put in a package for it, or are considering it? I know they've changed the process to make you apply to a UFT board now. I'm considering it myself, but want to get some more info on the process. I heard it's a 6 year commitment after the instrument class at Randolph. Does anyone else out there know any more on this? Thanks.

My squadron recently had a pred billet to fill and the Boss said that if CSOs were interested (and had a PPL) he would ask the Wing King to consider them. Not sure what the whole process would have been, I'm assuming it's still a package and RND and a new 6 year commitment. Honestly I would be sorta interested but the slot was to Cannon and I am determined not to go there. I can ask him what the full deal would be if you're really curious.