"New" PT shorts?

Word on the street is there are TWO new varieties of PT shorts out there. The first kind is the marathon shorts which are shorter and lighter, and those are confirmed to exist. The other kind I've heard about (but have yet to see in person) are supposedly a longer pair with POCKETS. Does such a new PTU short exist, and if so, is it worth me dropping some coin on it before I head back the the Deid in another month?

FYI - the optional PT shorts (I think that refers to the new version) doesn't have enough reflective material so you have to wear a reflective belt while in PTs. This was in the new PT memo that came out last week.

So let that factor into your decision making process...

FYI - the optional PT shorts (I think that refers to the new version) doesn't have enough reflective material so you have to wear a reflective belt while in PTs. This was in the new PT memo that came out last week.

i'd rather wear a reflective belt and have pockets than the other way around. no more murse!

i'd rather wear a reflective belt and have pockets than the other way around. no more murse!

Most bases I've been to require the RB while in PT gear anyway so I'd probably opt for the pockets too.

The longer shorts need to be mandatory for some dudes who simply don't understand that the inner lining isn't underwear. I don't feel like seeing your balls.

I have the new short ones with no reflective material, they were definitely worth the money, i always wear underarmor so the length isn't too much of an issue, they have a good sized ID/key pocket and don't make obnoxious noises while running, and in general fit/feel better...haven't seen the longer ones yet, but the shorter are a definitely improvement, whatever thats worth

I have the new short ones with no reflective material, they were definitely worth the money, i always wear underarmor so the length isn't too much of an issue, they have a good sized ID/key pocket and don't make obnoxious noises while running, and in general fit/feel better...haven't seen the longer ones yet, but the shorter are a definitely improvement, whatever thats worth

Shorter? Really? I didn't think it was possible to make these crappy shorts any shorter.

Shorter? Really? I didn't think it was possible to make these crappy shorts any shorter.

sorry, I wasn't clear, I don't think they are any shorter, however they aren't 5x too wide anymore so you don't look like you're carrying a giant steamer in back, these actually fit

He's coming to the Deid...they're required no matter what version of the PT gear you have.

Also, can't wait for longer shorts. I'm torn whether I'll buy them here, or just wait until the next deployment (because I'm sure as hell not wearing them to work out at home station).