I Hate Reflective Belts

Toro

1,113 :rock: and counting.

Although my own reflective belt has been put away for years, I'll happily support the cause and join.

Would the internet equivalent of 'zapping' a transient aircraft be posting links to the "I Hate Reflective Belts" page on the Air Force's own Facebook page?

I'm no chicken. It's been done. :thumbsup:

Although my own reflective belt has been put away for years, I'll happily support the cause and join.

Would the internet equivalent of 'zapping' a transient aircraft be posting links to the "I Hate Reflective Belts" page on the Air Force's own Facebook page?

This one seems to be the real Air Force Facebook page. That other one looks more like it's run by a Fan. Either way it should be posted on both!

TacAirCoug.....I don't understand what you're trying to say here?

Just trying to help contraildash with some rocket surgery.

Him:

Joined...word spreading.

The guy posted a message on FB, our influence is strong:

You, a few posts earlier:

Toro, I never thought I'd see that group here. I created that group on FB. Please send as many invites as possible. I'm out of people that Ican think of that are AF related to add to the group. It started out as about 10 people. I'm hoping to hit the 1,000 mark before the end of the year now. :salut::salut::salut: To all you who join.

and...

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I knew that Baseops was a powerful monster, had no idea that it could triple the group membership in less than 48 hours. Please continue to send this group along to all your friends. :salut::beer::salut:

It just sounded like he needed a hand putting 2+2 together.

This is going great. The shoe clerks are already out of the woodwork and trying to make us feel bad about this group. Here's the quote from Mr. REMF himself....

Chris Heaney

"The only way for me to comment on this pathetic group is to join. This is stupidity at its best. Regs and Standards are out for a freaking reason. To even have a board and complain about how dumb something so small and insignificant as a reflective belt shows that none of you have anything else better to do in your life."

Chris, you're a REMF, a shoe and have now been blocked from posting anything further in this group. :flipoff:

He's now been blocked from the group. And his crony who had this to say...misspellings left for effect.

Benjamin Karl Rostel Reid

"I have to agree with Chris and here's why; While on deployment to a multinational base (where the only people who had to wear reflective belts were USAF personnel) 1 person got hit by a vehicle. A guy from CE who wasn't paying attention and wasn't wearing his belt. The AF recruits alot of really bright kids, the flipside of that is most wouldn't recognize common sense if it hit 'em like a 6pax. If you wanna complain why don't you ask why we wear high tech camoflage? Is it to blend in to the office/ airfield/ bulldozer/ bus/ ATC tower/ BX/ hanger/ maintianence bay/ manhole/ GATR site/ F16/ chow hall/ etc. etc. etc. etc.?"

Benjamin, you're in the same boat. Banned for being a moron and a shoe clerk. :flipoff:

This is going great. The shoe clerks are already out of the woodwork and trying to make us feel bad about this group. Here's the quote from Mr. REMF himself....

You sir are a great example of leading the fight, keep it going. If we ever meet in person, your bar tab is on me.

You sir are a great example of leading the fight, keep it going. If we ever meet in person, your bar tab is on me.

Toro, so who buys drinks when we meet. I'd never let you pay for a round either. That could get to be a problem.

The best thing is one of the clerks wife's commented. She's gone as well.

Chris Heaney

"The only way for me to comment on this pathetic group is to join. This is stupidity at its best. Regs and Standards are out for a freaking reason. To even have a board and complain about how dumb something so small and insignificant as a reflective belt shows that none of you have anything else better to do in your life."

Chris, you're a REMF, a shoe and have now been blocked from posting anything further in this group. :flipoff:

He's now been blocked from the group. And his crony who had this to say...misspellings left for effect.

Benjamin Karl Rostel Reid

"I have to agree with Chris and here's why; While on deployment to a multinational base (where the only people who had to wear reflective belts were USAF personnel) 1 person got hit by a vehicle. A guy from CE who wasn't paying attention and wasn't wearing his belt. The AF recruits alot of really bright kids, the flipside of that is most wouldn't recognize common sense if it hit 'em like a 6pax. If you wanna complain why don't you ask why we wear high tech camoflage? Is it to blend in to the office/ airfield/ bulldozer/ bus/ ATC tower/ BX/ hanger/ maintianence bay/ manhole/ GATR site/ F16/ chow hall/ etc. etc. etc. etc.?"

Benjamin, you're in the same boat. Banned for being a moron and a shoe clerk. :flipoff:

Bahaha, I can't wait to look both those nerds up in the global. What a pair of tools.

HOSS: I need 250 "IHRB" morale patches, pronto.

Just make them pen patches so the flyers can wear them as non-approved morale patches. You know, come to think of it, I might have to get with someone on this. Start selling the pen patches that have "IHRB". Kinda like the "LPA" pen patch. But what the big question is, what color? Do you go subdued, so it doesn't look like it's there, or do you try and make it just like a neon yellow RB?

If only there was someway to make the letters out of reflective material.

Deid Shoeclerk "You're going to have to take off the unauthorized morale patch!"

Me "Why, it's apart of my 360 of reflectivity."

We had a gal out here who had a morale patch that was just a little piece of reflective belt. Got REMF'd by some full-bird at the chow hall. Later, same full-bird caught her wearing it again at the Muff..."Well, I guess it's OK in here, but take it off before you leave". She said the best part was, her and another operator were trading war stories about dropping bombs, and she could see this Col (JAG-type) motioining at her while we was telling his best REMF war-story.

She told us she was going to have a bunch made up and sent to us when she got home...we're still waiting.

We had a gal out here who had a morale patch that was just a little piece of reflective belt. Got REMF'd by some full-bird at the chow hall. Later, same full-bird caught her wearing it again at the Muff..."Well, I guess it's OK in here, but take it off before you leave". She said the best part was, her and another operator were trading war stories about dropping bombs, and she could see this Col (JAG-type) motioining at her while we was telling his best REMF war-story.

She told us she was going to have a bunch made up and sent to us when she got home...we're still waiting.

There was a Navy P-3 crew we kept running into over there that had a round yellow reflective belt material patch that said GARB in the middle. We finally cornered them to ask and they said "GARB..you know, like clothes..." Yeah, bullshit we said. My guesses were Goddamn Airforce Reflective Belt, or Gay Ass Reflective Belt, but only they know for sure.

How the hell did I forget about that...my reflective belt AND my backpack's reflective belt. Oh well, just heard we're headed back in our AEF bucket. Should be nice.

Just make them pen patches so the flyers can wear them as non-approved morale patches. You know, come to think of it, I might have to get with someone on this. Start selling the pen patches that have "IHRB". Kinda like the "LPA" pen patch. But what the big question is, what color? Do you go subdued, so it doesn't look like it's there, or do you try and make it just like a neon yellow RB?

If only there was someway to make the letters out of reflective material.

Deid Shoeclerk "You're going to have to take off the unauthorized morale patch!"

i just cut a small piece off my belt and hand wrote "IHRB" in permanent marker--now to get one of the local patch shops to sew velcro on it

post-6671-12566934082_thumb.jpg