I Hate Reflective Belts

Toro

This post brought to you by the IHRB Group on Facebook.

"This conversation took place between 4 Air Force Security Police and 1 Marine at Al Udeid AB last week...

AF: Hey man, you know you can't eat in here (Dining Facility) without a reflective belt at night.

Marine: No. Why?!?

AF: There's a sign on the door, I know you saw it.

Marine: Nope, must have missed it.

AF: Well you have to leave until you get a belt.

Marine: Can I just finish my food.

AF: No.

Marine: Well, I'm just going to sit here and finish my dinner, then I'll leave. It's a ridiculous rule anyway.

AF: You have to leave now sir, its an order.

Marine: What's an order?

AF: You can't be served food at night without a reflective belt.

Marine: That makes no sense.

AF: If you don't leave immediately, we will have to arrest you.

Marine: Are you f*cking kidding me?

AF: That's it, stand up.

Marine: You guys can go to hell (leaves his tray on the table and storms off)."

capt4fans,

Any smack from your leadership yet over this? It looks like the "group starter" name has disappeared. Probably a very good call.

I've been away from work for 7 weeks, so no idea, but the phone hasn't rung yet, so my thought is no news is good news.

Yes. It can be that gay.

For our ORE and ORI, AD peeps had one color, us Reserve slime had a different color (way to perpetuate the "us vs. them" mentality...)

That's actually pretty standard and there's a good reason behind the seperate colors. I know that during the ORI they press the "one team" concept, but you also have to remember that each wing is getting it's own grade. You'd hate for some doucebag unit from another base to royally fuck up your wings grade. The seperate colored belts help the inspectors know which wing has its shit together and which wing doesn't.

Edited by Vertigo

That's actually pretty standard and there's a good reason behind the seperate colors. I know that during the ORI they press the "one team" concept, but you also have to remember that each wing is getting it's own grade. You'd hate for some doucebag unit from another base to royally fuck up your wings grade. The seperate colored belts help the inspectors know which wing has its shit together and which wing doesn't.

Or you could take the appropriate notes, check with the people you're grading later via face to face contact, and get the answer that way.....but what do I know. RB's for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :vomit::vomit:

capt4fans,

Any smack from your leadership yet over this? It looks like the "group starter" name has disappeared. Probably a very good call.

Back to work and not a peep, an email, or an LOR. Fly safe and Vive la Resistance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by capt4fans

You're saying you used not only the wear of reflective belts, but their color coordination to assess the effectiveness of a combat wing in an ORI before?

I can't believe what I'm reading.

Have their $hit together? Maybe assess how the wing employs their assets, manages their people, provides leadership, and standardizes their operations, all with the resources given and taking into account any constraining limfacs in a true non-peacetime environment.

Then maybe you could compare these wings and provide feedback that might help us more efficiently or effectively prepare or employ these wings instead of dinging them on crap that doesn't matter.

There is a reason for inspections, even during wartime, but if you are focusing on color-coordination of reflective material then you are hindering the rest of us, and helping to increase the chance more Americans die.

Please tell me you weren't serious.

I think you're misconstruing what I'm saying. I'm not advocating the proliferation of RBs at all... and I don't believe the IG inspectors rate wings on their RB wear. What I'm saying is the IG inspectors cannot be everywhere at once, and if they see some groups jacking around with their M16s (horseplaying, etc), or they see some people aren't wearing/carrying the appropriate PPE for the given MOPP, or they see PAR teams out sweeping during the attack rather than during the limited release, or general disorganization in the zone transition/base buildup/etc. Something they see from a distance and they aren't able to get to that area then they now have a system that identifies what wing those individuals are with at, a quick glance, without having to stop whatever they are doing and chase down those individuals to find out their home wing.

Lord knows when we went through our ORI last year I was grateful that one of the other two wings with us were graded separately and there was something in place to let the inspectors know they weren't our people. I'm not gonna call out the wing, but man they were terrible.

You can also trust that I bitched the whole week about having to wear that gay ass belt as well. Wing leadership wasn't happy when I showed up for my ADVON chalk wearing four of 'em because "I wanted to be extra safe".

Edited by Vertigo

From the Leadership at the 'Deid thread:

I couldn't help but notice in the videos that none of the Fox NFL Sunday team members had RBs on at night at the BRA. Apparently standardization doesn't apply to visiting celebrities who give the boss a signed football. That and/or the 'Deid leadership has demonstrated blatant disregard for the safety of civlians visitng their command. Does that qualify for "loss of confidence" in their ability to lead?

I would think that such a blatant public display of a lack of proper RB wear despite Command oversight in the shot could be construed as "conduct prejudicial to good order and discipline," but what do I know...

I wore mine for a roof stomp on Friday. The outgoing Minot Wing/CC thought it was hilarious.

Wait, didn't he just get shitcanned? Hell, a running kick in the nuts would be funny compared to that.

You probably could'a killed a puppy and he would have laughed.

Hey 4Fans, what happened to all the comments on the IHRB page? House cleaning?

Some of the comments are being removed due to house cleaning. There are a few people who are posting what RB would call inapproporiate comments not limited to referencing peoples religion and other inappropriateness. Personally, RB (Reflective Belt..aka the Admin) feels that the comments that are laced with profanities and the like shouldn't be out there.

While there are still some that push the edge, RB is keeping a watch on the site to ensure that we're not pushing the envelope too far.

Oh yeah, and the same goes for pictures. RB had to remove one that was simply a guy with the universal sign for FU.

Edited by capt4fans

RB must be the PC douchebag that probably gave us the belts in the first place...oh, the irony here is very deep!

UFB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bash::banghead:

Fail at the Epic level on your part Vetter......do you even use your brain, or have you had that much Kool-Aid already today? :nob::nob:

Edited by capt4fans