ANG pilot signing bonus?

Guest chase34f

Guest Viper Style 09

No...A pilot position is considered a "desired position." If you said you wouldn't take the job without a signing bonus, there are about 200 guys behind you that would. Because of that they decided to do away with the signing bonus about 5 years ago (roughly) for pilots.

Guest jerseybum

No...A pilot position is considered a "desired position." If you said you wouldn't take the job without a signing bonus, there are about 200 guys behind you that would. Because of that they decided to do away with the signing bonus about 5 years ago (roughly) for pilots.

I went to UPT last year (a fellow NY guard guy out at stewart) and last year there was a guard-wide 10,000 officer signing bonus. Since pilots are officers we got the 10K. So while there almost assuredly won't be a pilot bonus there is the posibility of an officer bonus so check with the retention folks to make sure.

Guest chase34f

Jersey: Had a base visit and sim ride up there, the C-5 is one amazing machine.

Another question for the newer guys: after swearing in and proceeding AMS does getting paid as an E-3 mean $1500 something per month or what a E-3 would get during a drill weekend?

Another question for the newer guys: after swearing in and proceeding AMS does getting paid as an E-3 mean $1500 something per month or what a E-3 would get during a drill weekend?

I'm guessing what an E-3 gets drill weekends since that's what you're most likely participating in (or lurking at), unless they have you on some kind of full-time status.

I went to UPT last year (a fellow NY guard guy out at stewart) and last year there was a guard-wide 10,000 officer signing bonus. Since pilots are officers we got the 10K. So while there almost assuredly won't be a pilot bonus there is the posibility of an officer bonus so check with the retention folks to make sure.

Man, that would be nice if they would do that for the Reserves too! :) Doubtful...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest UPTbound35

Chase,

I got picked up with the 106th as well....have you heard anything on your Medical yet? I heard they picked up four of us all together.

Chase,

I got picked up with the 106th as well....have you heard anything on your Medical yet? I heard they picked up four of us all together.

Did they hire for both airframes or just the HC-130?

Guest chase34f

UPTbound- congrats! what aircraft, PM me and we'll speak further. I had originally applied applied to active duty so MEPS was etc. was all ready done, I'm down in Florida. They want to keep us all together training wise so when everyone gets to the same spot, I'll fly up and get sworn in with everyone else.

Guest UPTbound35

UPTbound- congrats! what aircraft, PM me and we'll speak further. I had originally applied applied to active duty so MEPS was etc. was all ready done, I'm down in Florida. They want to keep us all together training wise so when everyone gets to the same spot, I'll fly up and get sworn in with everyone else.

Hey, thanks congrats too you as well... I am pretty stoked. I tried sending you a PM. The site has been having problems so let me know if you didn't get it. Yea i was picked for the C-130's as well. I dont think the 106th hired any Helo's this time around. Don't quote me on that though.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Black Baron

The 10k Bonus is confirmed. From what I heard it is state specific, but the going trend is if one state does it, the other states will follow suit.

Damn those taxes...10k turns out to be about $7200, but hey it's better than getting no bonus!

BB

The 10k Bonus is confirmed. From what I heard it is state specific, but the going trend is if one state does it, the other states will follow suit.

Damn those taxes...10k turns out to be about $7200, but hey it's better than getting no bonus!

BB

General Bell,

you actually recieved that bonus?! you sack of Sh1T....

AR said STFU...

:banghead:

message me your IFS/UPT/ENJJPT dates, I forgot em...

SUMME32c

Guest pilotapplicant

I am 99% sure that the bonus everyone on this thread is talking about was an officer enlistment/ascension bonus that was offered to new Air National Guard officers who commissioned during the later part of fiscal year 2008 (ie until September 30th 2008). A guy from my unit commissioned in April 08 and got the bonus and I commissioned in November 08 and did not. It was a short term deal that was not really meant for pilots candidates but pilots got it too. You should certainly check but I am pretty sure it is not available anymore.

Cheers,

Pilotapplicant

• 3 years later...

Sorry to bring back an old thread, but does anyone know of any bonus or loan repayment programs for upt pilots getting ready to go to AMS? Recruiter said there was nothing available to officers but thought I'd see if anyone could give me some insight. Thanks.

Guys at my unit (pilot selects) are getting $10K after graduating AMS as a bonus. Not sure what the stipulations are but I have heard of other pilot selects from other units/states that get it as well, but not all. I also have friends who have gone through AMS (non pilots) who are in different states and not getting it.

Think USAA has some kind of starter loan for newly comissioned officers, not sure about the exact details (would help you out more but I have a terrible internet connection at my current location).

It's on the ROTC Cadet page is available to anyone commissioning. Just click on the "Career Starter Loan" tab. There are a few requirements. You need a class letter, open a USAA account and have your pay direct deposited.

https://www.usaa.com...&adID=VURL_rotc

Edited by TySavy

Just checked with recruiting at my base. Apparently, there has to be a shortage of the Officer AFSC you are entering into at the BASE level, AND it has to be on the National Critical AFSC list. YMMV, though.