NASA's Mission to Bomb the Moon

Guest Deadlock

That all took place this morning at 7:31am EST. Supposedly you could see the explosion of dust from the earth if you had a decent telescope.

Space scientists want to see if any water ice or vapour is revealed in the cloud of debris. Though the Moon mostly a dry airless desert, they believe ice could be trapped in crater shadows near the south pole which never receive any sunlight. If so it could provide vital supplies for a manned moonbase.

Yeah right. In English that means, "We were up drinking all night and decided it would be cool to use our end-of-FY funding to blow some shit up. Then Hank woke up and suggested the moon."

HD

Yeah right. In English that means, "We were up drinking all night and decided it would be cool to use our end-of-FY funding to blow some shit up. Then Hank woke up and suggested the moon."

HD

True enough. Although they may as well have some nerd fun with it vs. letting it orbit endlessly.

HD

Dude you have no idea. I went to a seminar some head brain at NASA held at Riddle back in 01. He was telling us one of the biggest research projects they had at the time was to try and map a black hole in any possible spectrum. It also started out as a bet between him and Steven Hawking while drinking.

Edited by Lawman

Dude you have no idea. I went to a seminar some head brain at NASA held at Riddle back in 01. He was telling us one of the biggest research projects they had at the time was to try and map a black hole in any possible spectrum. It also started out as a bet between him and Steven Hawking while drinking.

Linky. Perhaps this is what you speak of.

Linky. Perhaps this is what you speak of.

Dude

If it weren't for your avatar, you'd get a...

9cyPFQbgCqwv1sv3SONNnbrGo1_500.jpg

NERDS!

Quick, here is a hot pic of Kate Beckinsale to de-geek this thread!

kate_beckinsale_photoshoot-2047.jpg

I'd like to launch my rockets into her moons!

jrnl_scrubs.jpg

Cheers! M2