What Type of Vehicles Do Fighter Pilots Drive?

Guest STLCFII

Guest OldGuy

My brother's an Eagle driver, quote: "I just don't have that many high speed ambitions on the ground anymore."

Guest deanrancourt

2003 Red Metallic Hummer H2-finest piece of American Engineering I've ever owned. You owe to yourself to test drive one. Rides better than your fathers Cadillac, goes up any mountain, and gets more thumbs-up than Brittney flashing her goods. Oh, and the '99 Honda VFR 800 Interceptor sportbike is some of the finest Japanese engineering on 2 wheels. Any modern sportbike on a closed racetrack makes anything on 4 wheels seem turtle-like.

Originally posted by 135bum:

2003 Red Metallic Hummer H2-finest piece of American Engineering I've ever owned. You owe to yourself to test drive one. Rides better than your fathers Cadillac, goes up any mountain, and gets more thumbs-up than Brittney flashing her goods.

http://www.collegehumor.com/?movie_id=24993

Yeah, there are a ton of videos out there aof people thinking that H2 can do something good off road. They were made to be huge and comfortable, not replace the H1. I think they are cool, but I like being able to off road safely in my truck.

Originally posted by c17wannabe:

...but I like being able to off road safely in my truck.

If you're in the market for a truck. A z71 Colorado is where its at. Just got one and I love it!

Does anyone other than me feel like wannabe is trying to sell me a chevy?

I am absolutely trying to convert you guys. ENJJPT picked up on the subtle messages, but heres one thats not so subtle. TODAY is the last day of truckfest. If you are looking or even considering a new vehicle, you can get an awesome truck for very cheap. And I use cheap loosely. :D

Guest deanrancourt

Hey, hey, enough with the Hummer bashing!!! I am not trying to sell you one, just saying it's worth a test drive if you have never driven one. The video was funny (moron didn't air down his tires, he deserved what he got) and the Jeep comparo even funnier. It's all about the driver anyway.

Just ing with ya, 135...notice the grin! I'd buy one myself if I had any money left over after the wife and kids get ahold of my pay.

However, I can't bitch as I still have my 1991 ST1100, another great Honda V4. I've had it since I made 1Lt, it's a great bike and even more fun over here in Europe.

Cheers! M2

Originally posted by 135bum:

H2-finest piece of American Engineering I've ever owned. You owe to yourself to test drive one. Rides better than your fathers Cadillac, goes up any mountain, and gets more thumbs-up than Brittney flashing her goods.

Uh, if this is what you call "not trying" then you might want to consider a career in sales...

I'm with everyone else on this one: if you can afford it, more power to ya--must be fun to ride around in.

Guest AirGuardian

"All fighter pilots drive Ferrari 550 Maranellos.

Airlift guys drive SUVs." - Sierra Hotel...

Yeah, but it's a bling-bling Caddy SUV's with 22" blades yo! Can I get some Props... Just kidding...

When your done dreaming and want to actually pay for one rather than rent one for two hours, you can come to one of the few fighter - mostly airlift/Heavy type Guard/Reserve units and find out how those "non-furloughed airline/cargo" old heads can pay for one, but they'd rather drop those bills on a "jumbo" house, RV, plane, Hummer - hmmm. Our crotch rockets take care of anything on four-wheels on a minor budget for us Guard bums.... 0-60 2.7-3.0 secs @ < $11,000... simply priceless....

Keep working SH!

I'm leaning towards MMMax's choices since he has the European privy advantage. Niiice pics bud!

[ 01. June 2004, 18:52: Message edited by: AirGuardian ]

Guest deanrancourt

As per my Hummer, the BAH where I live for my rank is $1500+ per month. My mortgage is $750/mo because I chose to buy a two bedroom condo not a 4 bedroom house. Hence the rather large amount of discretionary income being flowed my way every month from Uncle Sam. You can't take any of it with you so spend it while you're here. Your kids will probably blow it all when your dead anyway (just kidding!).

Nice bike, if you ever get over to Europe, check out Nürburgring. I haven't ridden it yet, I rode up there from Ramstein but didn't know the track was closed that day. Didn't matter, had a great ride up and back.

If you want to see what the track looks like, download the video from the BMW K1200S web site. They rode the 21km track (with 73 corners) in under 8 minutes! ****ing A! Go to Episode two and click on where it says 'Under 8 minutes'

Cheers! M2