Plantar Wart

Guest sound-of-freedom

Guest sound-of-freedom

From AFI 48-123v2:

A3.28.18. Current symptomatic plantar wart(s) (078.19) is disqualifying.

Two questions:

1. What constitues symptomatic?

2. Is this issue waiverable?

Thanks.

Edited by sound-of-freedom

Dude, get yourself a bottle of Occlusal-HP. Its like $30 a bottle but WELL worth it. I had those damn warts right on the ball of my foot after freshman year of college and it was so bad I was walking with a limp. I tried the old rusty nail technique, lots of the cheaper wart removal products, even had a doctor burn it off with some heated wire thing. None of it worked. The girl I was dating at the times father was a doctor and he recommended Occlusal-HP. Within a few days the pain had subsided and within a couple of weeks they were gone completely.

Also FYI, I had to special order this from my local pharmacy but I cant recommend it highly enough.

Guest F16PilotMD

Not waiverable but fixable. Once it's gone, it's no longer disqualifying. Symptomatic...if it bothers you, it is...if it doesn't, it isn't. No one will ever know you have it. Doubt any flight doc is going to look at the bottom of your feet during a physical. If it's not killing you, wait for a break in flying and get it taken care of, either with magic stuff on it or have it cut out.

• 11 months later...
Guest mike0099

Not waiverable but fixable. Once it's gone, it's no longer disqualifying. Symptomatic...if it bothers you, it is...if it doesn't, it isn't. No one will ever know you have it. Doubt any flight doc is going to look at the bottom of your feet during a physical. If it's not killing you, wait for a break in flying and get it taken care of, either with magic stuff on it or have it cut out.

Anyone know if they do check for Plantar warts?

Cover it with Duct tape. This will cause a blister to form around the wart. After the blister is formed cut the skin around it that will take care of most of it, then a pair of tweezers to pull out the "root" of it. Slightly painful but it was gone and has never come back. I will warn you the sensation of pulling that root out through your skin is definatly one I will not forget