Anyone remember?

discus

So, I stumbled across this site: Once upon a win today, and found a few things I remembered. This was inspired by my search for a photo of the Castle Greyskull for another topic on here. This one, in particular cracked me up both when I was a kid, and now. Okay, maybe I'm a huge nerd, and maybe this is a totally lame topic, but I think we have "Boobs" covered. (Or uncovered as the case my be) What do you guys remember from the "Good 'ol days"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4VNMERVsC4

If I had known what a wet dream was at the age of six, this would have been it:

YES!!!! I seem to remember it was always the rich kid in school who had the G.I. Joe Aircraft Carrier... And he was also the snotty one who would have you over, and never let you play with anything he had (STS). I clearly remember "NO!! This is MY G.I. Joe Aircraft Carrier, you can't play with it!" I hated that kid.

Here's one from back in the day...

Anyone remember "You Can't Do That On Television", the show that made Nicklelodion?

Hell yeah. I made it to the semi-final eliminations to be one of the first contestants on "Double Dare".

Remember when you could buy water guns that were designed to look as real as possible

I had one of those! Freaking no stupid orange end on it, nothing. From a distance, looked like a 10 year old with an Uzi. AWESOME.

Hell yeah. I made it to the semi-final eliminations to be one of the first contestants on "Double Dare".

Jar, were you saying you were IN that clip?

Edited by discus

Jar, were you saying you were IN that clip?

NO NO NO...

I pulled that up just to jog people's memory - I never made it to the actual show. I auditioned as part of a program I was in at school at the time; there were hundreds of kids auditioning for the show. I got cut in the second-to-last round of eliminations before they settled on the first group of actual show contestants.

Great thread, all of these clips brought back funny memories...all except for the creepy pee-wee herman clip. That dude creeped me out then, and even more disturbing now...

Well done gents. :rock:

Edited: for spelling fail

Edited by summe32c

Nice find Hercdude. When I see that video, I remember the complete arsenal that was in my toy chest. Trained to kill from a young age, it's no difficult task to figure out how most of us ended up in a military career.

Here's a good throwback. Anyone remember the HBO intro from the early 80's. I remember seeing this bad boy before the HBO comedy hour. My life would never be the same after a crash course in the George Carlin vocabulary.

HD

Edited by HerkDerka

Used to have tons of Ghostbusters toys...I think the ecto-mobile and firehouse are still in my parents attic.

That HBO intro took me back... haven't seen that since I was probably 4. Some friends and I were talking about these the other day...

HELL YEAH! Are You Afraid of the Dark? and the Goosebumps series by R.L. Stein made me the horror movie fanatic that I am today!

Edited by snizz

PACMAN meet ATARI. ATARI started the video game revolution that has occupied so much of my time, I'm sure I can measure it in months.

From Pacman to Call of Duty, man what a journey.

Along the same lines, my dad had this when I was a kid and I loved it!

Anyone remember the HBO intro from the early 80's.

Hell yeah. I remember watching "The Making of..." show about that intro when it first came out. Thousands of man-hours making the model of the town, dozens of takes for the camera operator to get the moving shot synchronized to the music just right, etc.

On a related note: how many of you remember that manual set-top cable box that's in the very beginning of that intro? Even better... how many of you remember tweaking the dial between channels, trying to get the Playboy channel or Spice to de-scramble? Or was that just me...?

Along the same lines, my dad had this when I was a kid and I loved it!

A cousin had a ColecoVision. I freakin' LOVED Time Pilot.