DTS is the devil

Guest 89 Ride

Dude, paper vouchers get faxed to Ellsworth for processing. As soon as Ellsworth sees a page that is the slightest bit hard to read (NOT illegible, but hard to read - that's their words, not mine), they reject it. Without telling you, or what's left of your home-station Finance office. They only recently began providing reasons for rejection, and only after direct intervention by both WG/CCs here... plus a few words from the AMC/CC.

At McGuire the AD uses DTS, and since they've got the bugs worked out and assigned quality people to monitor it, they've been getting paid far sooner, and with far less asspain, than us AFRC folks who are stuck with paper. I'd MUCH rather be using DTS at this point.

Agree that DTS is better than paper vouchers...when it works! There have been lots of problems lately and CCs at all levels are getting repeatedly poked in the eye for their members' late vouchers. What's worse, individuals who can't/won't pay their bills out of pocket while they are waiting for the system to catch up suffer blemishes on their credit records. Not advocating a boycott here ;), but my personal credit card is going to be seeing more use in the future!

I'd MUCH rather be using DTS at this point.

Agreed, when it works. It was broken for the first half of the week, at my base anyway. It's ridiculous that random systems are broken for days at a time (like the local network, email, AF Portal, LeaveWeb, ADLS, you name it). That would never happen in civilian life. I've never seen a major website go down for more than a few minutes, much less days.

• Upvote 1

Agree that DTS is better than paper vouchers...when it works! There have been lots of problems lately and CCs at all levels are getting repeatedly poked in the eye for their members' late vouchers. What's worse, individuals who can't/won't pay their bills out of pocket while they are waiting for the system to catch up suffer blemishes on their credit records. Not advocating a boycott here ;), but my personal credit card is going to be seeing more use in the future!

2 on the personal credit card. Never had a problem with a late DTS voucher, but when I PCS'd on the paper voucher I showed up as late before I even arrived at the new base. Crazy new Citibank contract...

Guest 89 Ride

My comments were spurred on by the recent DTS custer fluck. Normally, it is a good system. But this last week I came close to putting my fist through a 17" flat screen monitor no less than 69 times. Again....FU#K DTS (unless it's working)

FU#K DTS (unless it's working)

Nope, F#CK IT all the time.

With the money spent on developing, implementing, constantly fixing, and answering questions about DTS each base could have an army of Finance Personnel ready and willing to actually help. And as a side benefit, we might end up with an army of finance personnel that actually have a shread of a clue about what the f#ck they're doing since they would get a chance to actually do their jobs on a regular basis.

• 1 year later...

Closest thread I could find....

Trying to logon to DTS and keep getting "PC LOAD LETTER."

or something like this:

"Login Error

There has been a problem with login

Your user account could not be found or is locked, or your certificate has been revoked. Please contact your local Registration Authority (LRA) or Verifying Official (VO) to obtain a new PKI certificate or to find additional information."

Anyone have any idea how to fix this? I tried the fixes the site suggests. I've been on hold for 45 minutes trying to get someome to answer; they won't. The DTS reps on my squadron are worthless.

I've always been a fan of DTS....until now.

not sure what's worse... DTS, or PEX. Both are "all our eggs in one electronic basket", both are automated fixes for things that weren't broken, both are prone to long term outage, both are not remotely user friendly, both have steep learning curves, and both seem to be dominated by single-point-of-failure people who ensure job security by being the only person on base who knows the system and has the ability to fix problems, grand permissions, or any other "high level" task (and god help us all if that person is on leave, TDY, or dies in a random vending machine accident).

I always go to the DTS office and have them walk me through the process so I get it right the first time. Defeats the entire purpose of the system.

not sure what's worse... DTS, or PEX. Both are "all our eggs in one electronic basket", both are automated fixes for things that weren't broken, both are prone to long term outage, both are not remotely user friendly, both have steep learning curves, and both seem to be dominated by single-point-of-failure people who ensure job security by being the only person on base who knows the system and has the ability to fix problems, grand permissions, or any other "high level" task (and god help us all if that person is on leave, TDY, or dies in a random vending machine accident).

Yeah, I have had good luck till recently. I did an authorization...the travel agent here on base gave me an "itnenerary"...but just for the rental car, no plane tickets...then the Auth got stuck in "CTO Submit"....had my guys contact their guys, etc...the DTS folks said the travel agent had to do something on their end...actually called them, told me they did it, but the PC might take an hour or so to "cycle". Well, I was flying out Tuesday AM, and it was now after 1630 on Monday, still nothing. Went with the CC Verbal Auths, got my own plane tix, rental car, etc...I get back a few days later...STILL in CTO submit. I guess I will be calling the DTS folks back again after my mid. I think I am going to be doing an old school paper voucher since I got the "verbal" orders letter.

I always go to the DTS office and have them walk me through the process so I get it right the first time. Defeats the entire purpose of the system.

Must be nice to have that much free time on your hand.

Once I decided to accept DTS, I've found it saves me time overall.

And I'm not very computer savvy, nor am I a fan of change.... ask Spoo or Kuma.

Must be nice to have that much free time on your hand.

Once I decided to accept DTS, I've found it saves me time overall.

And I'm not very computer savvy, nor am I a fan of change.... ask Spoo or Kuma.

Yup, and I find that paper vouchers are often improperly processed or take forever (last four vouchers shorted me an average of 70 bucks). I can also file DTS vouchers outside of finance's normal hours, 9:00-9:15. Like huggy, I'm not the next Leeroy Jenkins but I still manage to figure it out.

• 1 year later...

I did that once and my voucher was still rejected...

I wish I were making that up.

My trip to Africa was rejected 4 times....and each time I had both a finance troop AND the "Finance DTS guru" looking over my shoulder saying everything looked good....

Cherry on top.....it was the LOCAL finance office that was rejecting my DTS voucher ....UFB

• 1 year later...

What ever happened to the "Edit All" button on the Per Diem Entitlements Page? I just created a voucher from an authorization built for a deployment...as soon as I adjusted the itinerary dates for the deployment, the per diem rates for all 180+ days went back to full rate instead of the special "3.50" that was in the auth. Anyone have any experience with this? Seems like a pretty common case...

Am I going to have to go through every f*cking day and reset the per diem to 3.50 and the lodging to 0?...180 times? There used to be an "Edit All" button at the bottom that would change everything at once...now it's only "Reset All." :bash:

No there is a apply through dates button when you are editing your entitlements. Just click the calendar and make it go through your return date. Then put the amount in as you are good. The calendar is in the top left part once you are editing your entitlements. Sorry if its not clear but I'm not sitting in front of dts, however I am drinking a German beir in my lazy boy.

• Upvote 1