CAP poster is a fake - Classic thread

Guest CAPSoftSandy

Guest CAPSoftSandy

Hello all,

I'd like to introduce myself. My name is 1LT Brogan Steele, and I am a United States Air Force Auxillary mission pilot. Our organization is also known as the Civil Air Patrol, and I'd love to talk to you all about some of the flying opportunities within the Auxillary. I've been very fortunate in my time in the CAP thus far. I am a member of a very aggressive SAR unit (Search And Rescue) that is on-call for operations 24/7/365. I am not too sure I'll release the name of my unit due to OPSEC (Operational Security) concerns, but lets just say we're one of the better-known units around the country. Because of the aggressive nature of our unit, the commitment required by its members is on par with even some active duty units.. We may be the CIVIL Air Patrol, but let me tell you, that "civil" mentality is checked on my bedroom floor as soon as I don my flight suit when I get the alert call. When we get scrambled to do a search, I picture myself as a "Soft Sandy", of course not armed with bullets, but with the tools to save lives. We provide Close Air Support (CAS) to ground forces conducting the operation in close proximity to the target area (the assumed crash site).

If you're a pilot, and you'd be interested in this type of flying, please let me know. I know there may be some other active-duty Sandy pilots on the forum who can relate to this type of flying, and I'd be glad to answer your questions if they can't. The Auxillary provides me with a great feeling of accomplishment as our mission is directly related to the safety of the Homeland. I share a great feeling of comraderie with the other rated pilots on this board, and for those looking to join our fraternity, the opportunities certainly exist and will come to fruition with hard work and persistence.

Great to "meet" you all!...great board here. Cheers!

1LT Brogan Steele

Originally posted by CAPSoftSandy:

I am not too sure I'll release the name of my unit due to OPSEC (Operational Security) concerns, but lets just say we're one of the better-known units around the country....that "civil" mentality is checked on my bedroom floor as soon as I don my flight suit when I get the alert call. When we get scrambled to do a search, I picture myself as a "Soft Sandy", of course not armed with bullets, but with the tools to save lives. We provide Close Air Support (CAS) to ground forces conducting the operation in close proximity to the target area (the assumed crash site).

I sure hope you're trolling. If so, then good on you, cause this is a gem. If not, let me be the first to say

Oh. my. gay.

Guest sq201wrestler

Hello esteemed ladies and gentlemen,

I am sorry that I must make this post on these boards and this will probably be the only time that I post on your military boards. But I would like to tell you that CAPSoftSandy is in fact, not a Civil Air Patrol member and does not represent the attitude of CAP. He is someone with absolutely no life who goes around different forums creating inflamatory posts. He has also been posting on the CAP-based cadetstuff.org forums under the username CockyCadet and ScooterCAPC04 and has been uncovered as an imposter and is now banned. Some examples can be seen in:

only officer

emergency commisions

post on this forum

Originally posted by JPritch:

Why does my gut tell me that post isn't legit either?

I concur, Doctor. Do I hear a third?

Perhaps their is a filter that baseops can start...if you post the word CAP on the board then your profile is deleted and your hard drive crashes!

Getting so tired of these CAP posts......

The guy who posted at the top of this forum is indeed a CAP cadet and his post is legit. The troll he is apologizing about has in fact been around several of their boards harassing them.

Many of the CAP cadets are pretty sharp kids, especially the ones that make it through the program. Maybe give him a break?

The reason the cadet posted above is because I posted to cadetstuff.org and copied the text of the moron who claims to be Brogan Steele.

I wanted them to understand how not to act.

Here's the link...

http://forums.cadetstuff.org/viewtopic.php?p=10699#10699

I'm kind of sensitive about this being a former CAP cadet and having seen some of the jackasses that run around and give it a black eye thinking its way more important than it really is.

• 10 years later...

11 year thread bump. (Is this the right place?)

CAP is going even more full retard aping USAF PA style press releases about shoe clerkery.

The day of a Food Service Warrior begins long before most other cadets wake for the morning physical training. When others are just opening their eyes to begin the day, the Food Service Warriors have already put in hours of work over hot stoves, making each meal the best it could be. The cooks and servers of Camp Bowie are truly the Unsung Heroes of the Texas Wing.

What the Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte once said of the Grande Armée, “Une armée marche sur son estomac” – ”An army marches on its stomach,” still applied to the modest encampment on the outskirts of Brownwood.

No matter how physically strong or technologically advanced the Civil Air Patrol is, everyone must eat. The same is true for the Texas Wing cadets at Camp Bowie. Training cannot happen if cadets are hungry or thirsty.

At the risk of drawing fire, CAP can be a valuable tool. CAN be. As a former cadet, I got my first solo in a Cessna, traveled to Japan, got a flavor for UPT, learned how to use a DF, and read the crap out of my aerospace book because I loved it. But yes, I saw the opposite as well. All about what you put in and work to get out of it. Commence spear throwing.

At the risk of drawing fire, CAP can be a valuable tool. CAN be. As a former cadet, I got my first solo in a Cessna, traveled to Japan, got a flavor for UPT, learned how to use a DF, and read the crap out of my aerospace book because I loved it. But yes, I saw the opposite as well. All about what you put in and work to get out of it. Commence spear throwing.

No, I'll agree with you there. As a cadet program, CAP is outstanding. The issues come (mostly) from the senior members who take themselves and their cog in the machine WAAAAY to seriously.