Viewing Big 10 football in the south

Guest WXboy

Guest WXboy

Recently moved to the South, will be at Keesler and Maxwell through college football season. Do they show Big 10 games down here, on ESPN or ABC? I am a big Ohio St fan, they are usually on ESPN but I don't know if they show them just in the midwest or show those games down here too. If not do local sports bars have those games on?

Thanks for the help. Can't wait for the upcoming season!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Recently moved to the South, will be at Keesler and Maxwell through college football season. Do they show Big 10 games down here, on ESPN or ABC? I am a big Ohio St fan, they are usually on ESPN but I don't know if they show them just in the midwest or show those games down here too. If not do local sports bars have those games on?

Thanks for the help. Can't wait for the upcoming season!

I'm sure you can find a sports bar. There, that was easy.

They show Big Ten games down south sometimes, but don't expect to be able to watch every single one. Your best bet is to go to a sports bar like disgruntled said. You should be able to catch every game, especially when Penn State beats Ohio State. :thumbsup:

Direct TV will give you the "Big 10 Network" for free with any of their basic cable packages. A Must for any Bucks Fan since they dont even know to show The Game down here and look at you like your crazy when you want to watch something other than Bama.

Time Warner can go suck and egg. I love my Direct TV.

Not sure if I should start a new thread, but along these lines, does anyone know what the availability of watching football is like at the Deid? Last time I was there I never hooked up a TV in my room, so I don't know what channels they have with the basic cable connections in the rooms. Does the game room place there have major sports channels for the big games or anything like that? Thanks.

The bigger question is why would you want to watch big 10 football when you're now in the land of REAL football- SEC!!! Forget about watching the insignificant and start watching the real deal.

Thank you!! Might as well be asking, "How do I go about joining Al Qaeda?"

Guest WXboy

Are we seriously slamming the big ten? I was on here to get a simple answer, as a new user, but now I see its just sec fans who feel they have something to prove. Yes Ohio has a football team, hosting 7 National Titles and 7 Heisman trophies, tied for most. The only other sec school to come close to that is 'Bama, good teams years ago, Utah took care of that tho... Yes the sec is good, I'll give you that, and espn makes sure we hear it day in and day out, quit watching bc thats all they talk about. I don't jump on that bandwagon, I stay loyal to my teams. I Didn't start this treat to start an argument, just wanted to know if I could watch my team down here, I watch sec back home, some good games and great atmospheres, too bad all I got was people slamming me...

Are we seriously slamming the big ten? I was on here to get a simple answer, as a new user, but now I see its just sec fans who feel they have something to prove. Yes Ohio has a football team, hosting 7 National Titles and 7 Heisman trophies, tied for most. The only other sec school to come close to that is 'Bama, good teams years ago, Utah took care of that tho... Yes the sec is good, I'll give you that, and espn makes sure we hear it day in and day out, quit watching bc thats all they talk about. I don't jump on that bandwagon, I stay loyal to my teams. I Didn't start this treat to start an argument, just wanted to know if I could watch my team down here, I watch sec back home, some good games and great atmospheres, too bad all I got was people slamming me...

Going on recent history, maybe when the big ten doesnt choke in the big games they will get more attention. They went 1-6 in bowl games this year, their one win coming against S. Carolina, a decent program, but far from a dominant anything. They lost to the Pac-10, SEC, Big-12, and ACC, with the one win being against a lower tier SEC team.

The past is the past. Show me some results.

No slam here, good buddy. I'm all for the Big 10...just ask fellow Badger Spoo. When I read your thread, I assumed that you will be there TDY and hence only have lodging cable service, thus no cable or satellite tv options. That leaves the sports bar. Now that wasn't too hard, and I didn't even slam OSU in the process.

Out

Guest WXboy

disgruntled, thanks. Ive seen many comparisons b/t the sec and the big ten and going on their histories: nat'l titles, heismans, all time wins and we are pretty close. Both GREAT conferences. Yes the big ten is down the past couple years, go back to the early part of the decade and the big ten was the dominant conf, now they are down, this happens a lot in college football, the sec is on a high now, who knows a few years it could be different. Keep in mind no Sec team has more wins than Mich or OSU. I'm not trying to start a battle here, just have a little respect, I have tons of respect for the sec, but I still love my big ten, Im a loyal fan. I don't look forward to having to go to sports bars in bama trying to watch an osu game, Im sure all the ppl will do is heckle me.

disgruntled, thanks. Ive seen many comparisons b/t the sec and the big ten and going on their histories: nat'l titles, heismans, all time wins and we are pretty close. Both GREAT conferences. Yes the big ten is down the past couple years, go back to the early part of the decade and the big ten was the dominant conf, now they are down, this happens a lot in college football, the sec is on a high now, who knows a few years it could be different. Keep in mind no Sec team has more wins than Mich or OSU. I'm not trying to start a battle here, just have a little respect, I have tons of respect for the sec, but I still love my big ten, Im a loyal fan. I don't look forward to having to go to sports bars in bama trying to watch an osu game, Im sure all the ppl will do is heckle me.

Its just the nature of the beast. When teams/conferences have a down year, they are hard to find on TV when not in their area. People are fickle and want to watch the winning teams. *which makes sense. Who do you care about outside of your own team that you root for? Probably the teams ahead of them to see how they are doing*

The only team that defies all logic and would still get all of their games broadcast even if they went 0-11 is Notre Dame.

Guest Sandlapper

I think the AF Form69 is in order - "Hurt Feelings Report". C'mon, man...you bring up "your" team, and you're bound to bring out the most cynical responses from loyal opposition. Don't act all suprised...this is exactly why football season is fun.

Answer me this and I'll stop-

What is OSU's record vs. SEC teams?

Slacker, that's a rediculous question...along those same lines, what's Michigan's all-time record against SEC teams? We all know how good Michigan has played in big games over the past 5 years...and any games last year...so is that a quantitative indication of the weakness of the SEC?

Somebody takes the Internet a little to seriously.

How about the best team in the Big 10 and NCAA overall..

11 National Titles

42 Conference Titles

3 Heisman Winners

Most Wins & Highest Winning Percentage

Most undefeated seasons in D1 football

Not too mention the many attendance records..

Not to brag or anything.. :rock:

The University of Michigan ladies and gentlemen :beer:

holy shit man - did you complete your suicide awareness CBT yet? If you get this upset over an internet post about college football, I'd hate to see what happenes when something that matters doesn't go your way.

Nice job calling out 'bama for choking in the big game though. Hi pot - I'm kettle . . . you look mighty black today.

go buckeyes!

sec sux

Slacker, that's a rediculous question...along those same lines, what's Michigan's all-time record against SEC teams? We all know how good Michigan has played in big games over the past 5 years...and any games last year...so is that a quantitative indication of the weakness of the SEC?

I don't see how that's a "rediculous" (sic) question. The answer is 0-9. But they have a rich tradition at OSU, no doubt. There is always this year.

Are we seriously slamming the big ten?

Seriously, you take this interweb thing too seriously. All us southern hicks don't ever watch any teams outside the SEC. No, you can't watch the Big 10 in the South; we don't know what that is. [/sarcasm]

too bad all I got was people slamming me...

Paranoia, paranoia, everybody's coming to get you. I didn't see anyone slam you personally, but like sandlapper said, you were bound to bring out the cynicism from the loyal opposition.