Need some help from those knowledgeable on TMO

ClearedHot

Long story short...PCSing and the truck was supposed to show up this morning to load my house. Driver calls around 0730 to tell me he has a flat tire, will b fixed shortly and will proceed to my house.

Call back around 0900, tire almost fixed, will be in an hour.

Calls me around 1100 to tell me dispatch has sent him to pick up a small load then come to my house.

Calls around 1500 asking for directions, I figure out he drove 16 miles past my house.

Arrives at 1530 and begins to load my house. When they open the trailer I notice 1/3 of truck is full and I have a lot of crap. I specifically ask if they will get it al on the trailer "no problem".

At 0200 ....yes 0200 they are still loading, not even close to being done when the driver comes to tell me, "we can't get it all on the trailer. We have to go get another trailer tomorrow.

Nice guys but in the process they have gouged my new wood floors and a few other things.

What are my options? Never had issues like this before. I did my final out today with the intent of leaving early Sunday, but I will be cleaning and crap into Sunday now with the late load.

I guess I can call the TMO folks and bitch, but this is out of control and it needs to hurt when the are held accountable.

Anyone with experience, ideas, or knowledge?

The movers are fully responsible and should/will pay - you should have received the contact number to the "TMO Inspector" -- their QA-type representative. This person holds the movers accountable. My last two PCSs (including last year), the rep actually showed up at my house to oversee the movers briefly and answer any of my questions...

Either way, contact TMO and have their QA person show up, take photos, get truck driver's card/name, etc.

Will probably be a long process (as all Gov administrivia is), but they should pay for the repairs.

BTW, where you moving to? A nice retirement home in THE VILLAGES?

+1 on calling the TMO QA rep.

Every move I've done, I've been handed a business card with the "TMO Cell Phone" number. Had a problem once, called the cell, and a rep was at the house in 30 minutes to check things out.

Take a shitload of pictures, and make sure you get your voice heard at the TMO office before you leave. Have names, times, and evidence ready when it's time to plead your case.

Don't forget to leave a comment card at the TMO office. Commanders/supervisors see those cards...especially the "creative" cards that include documentation.

Long story short...PCSing and the truck was supposed to show up this morning to load my house. Driver calls around 0730 to tell me he has a flat tire, will b fixed shortly and will proceed to my house.

Call back around 0900, tire almost fixed, will be in an hour.

Calls me around 1100 to tell me dispatch has sent him to pick up a small load then come to my house.

Calls around 1500 asking for directions, I figure out he drove 16 miles past my house.

Arrives at 1530 and begins to load my house. When they open the trailer I notice 1/3 of truck is full and I have a lot of crap. I specifically ask if they will get it al on the trailer "no problem".

At 0200 ....yes 0200 they are still loading, not even close to being done when the driver comes to tell me, "we can't get it all on the trailer. We have to go get another trailer tomorrow.

Nice guys but in the process they have gouged my new wood floors and a few other things.

What are my options? Never had issues like this before. I did my final out today with the intent of leaving early Sunday, but I will be cleaning and crap into Sunday now with the late load.

I guess I can call the TMO folks and bitch, but this is out of control and it needs to hurt when the are held accountable.

Anyone with experience, ideas, or knowledge?

Similar experience

0700-0900 Showtime

1000 Call to see why truck isn't at my house. "He isn't there yet?"

1100 Truck has engine problems 60 miles away (but somehow all the trucks are from a lot 3 miles away...?)

1200 Crew says the engine is fixed and they should be there by 2 P.M.

1500 They show up...they had to get a new truck on the old trailer and the keys to the locks on the trailer were in the other truck...

1530 Eglin Fire Dept shows up to break the locks...

1600 they begin loading

2330 they finish with the house and I tell them about the storage unit.

"WHAT!?!"

"Guys, I've been mentioning this since we started today."

"Der ain't no way we gonna move dat ta night."

"Um...why not"

"Cause I'll have to pay these guys more overtime."

I get QA on the phone

"They have to at least try to go for 10 hours from the time they arrived"

Begrudgingly, they slowly follow me over to the storage unit. They load 2 boxes and say "Sorry, that's 10 hours!" and leave.

I have to come in from work and let them in the next day.

So...lesson learned: call QA...call often if they are messing stuff up. Take pictures before and after. Don't put up with BS.

Oh, and FWIW, I have my 5th move in 6 years, 2 months starting Monday. I wish I was kidding...

Edited by BQZip01

You are the ONLY person I know of that is even close to me in average moves per year. WOW!

I thought I was bad with number of moves, but you both have me beat (sts). In the middle of #10 in 16 years. Only been 3 years TOS at 2 places.

I thought I was bad with number of moves, but you both have me beat (sts). In the middle of #10 in 16 years. Only been 3 years TOS at 2 places.

My wife pointed our that this is actually my 6th move in 6.25 years (one was from off-base to on-base though).