Anybody remember this was still going on?

Guest PerArduaAdAstra

Guest PerArduaAdAstra

If there was ever a left wing nutcase it's Al Franken. How anyone in their right mind could vote for him I have no idea, but of course Minnesota voters are about as weird as they come based on past results. I believe this guy is the dictionary definition of a total dick.

(CNN) -- Minnesota's Supreme Court has dismissed former Sen. Norm Coleman's challenge to the state's November election results and declared Democratic challenger Al Franken the winner.

The court's unanimous, unsigned opinion declared that Franken "received the highest number of votes legally cast" and is entitled "to receive the certificate of election as United States senator from the state of Minnesota."

If the ruling brings an end to seven months of challenges by Coleman, Franken would become the 60th member of the Senate Democratic caucus, a move that gives the party a filibuster-proof majority in the chamber, at least on paper.

The former "Saturday Night Live" writer and performer had declared victory in the disputed race after a recount ended in January, but Coleman, a Republican who had been seeking a second six-year term, went to court to challenge those results.

If there was ever a left wing nutcase it's Al Franken. How anyone in their right mind could vote for him I have no idea, but of course Minnesota voters are about as weird as they come based on past results. I believe this guy is the dictionary definition of a total dick.

go easy big fella, this place is full of minnesotans. wouldn't want to upset us northerners. on a side note, i am not happy about that prag getting the seat. jesse the body was a fluke and actually kind of a cool guy. franken is a douche nozzle.

It's been one for quite some time now. I'd go so far as to say all of government is a clown show. What's one more clown?

Agree. It's just that this newest one was a professional before he entered Congress.