Pope wing commander removed from duty

HercDude

Guest Hueypilot812

Gen. Scott's a good dude. He was our WG/CC at Laughlin while I was there (at least for the first several months), and we roof-stomped his house. He never came across as one who was worried about all the queepy BS.

And regarding the future 15OG/CC, he's currently the director of AMC/CVZ (go to AMC's secure internet page, and click on CVZ). Prior to his gig at AMC/CVZ, he worked for SAF/LLW (dudes that schmooze with Congress to get support for various programs).

I can enlighten ya a bit on how the "Reserve Associate" thing is working out at Pope. Fair warning though, I am one of those RESERVE types. In OPS, things are real good. All of our lines are filled with mixed crews from the 95th and 2nd. We have a priority matrix for lack of a better phrase to decide who flys what. MX is getting better. What more can I say. There are issues, but they have really come a long way IMHO. Still, some days are better than others. As for hacking the mission, I would say as a whole we are getting it done in spades. Between the continuous 2AS commitment, Joint Enterprise, Coronet Oak (which we share with our active duty brothers & sisters), and our own deployments...things are going OK. Room for improvement? Sure. But what unit can't say that. Like I said, I may be jaded somewhat in my opinion. Hope this answers your question.

One less worthless leader! I also worked for him at OKAS in 2005. My favorite was when he made us all room up so the C-17 guys who were doing 2 week TDYs could have hard billets instead of tents. At the time chicks flying 130s still got their own room if there was not another girl on their crew to bunk with. (a policy I agree with) Since this fact resulted in an extra guy without a roomate, usually the AC got a room to himself. But after the policy shift to get 17 guys out of the tents the AC had to room with an AC from a different crew creating crewr est nightmares. His answer? Anyone who complains can take their entire crew to a tent for 120 days. So we put herc dudes in a tent for their whole deployment to make room in the hard billets for C17 guys doing 14 days. Not to down the 17 guys, since I think this was forced on them so he could have an OPR bullet; but their life support gear was tea-bagged as a result. The whole thing was later resolved but for a period of time his lunacy prevailed.

One less worthless leader! I also worked for him at OKAS in 2005. My favorite was when he made us all room up so the C-17 guys who were doing 2 week TDYs could have hard billets instead of tents. At the time chicks flying 130s still got their own room if there was not another girl on their crew to bunk with. (a policy I agree with) Since this fact resulted in an extra guy without a roomate, usually the AC got a room to himself. But after the policy shift to get 17 guys out of the tents the AC had to room with an AC from a different crew creating crewr est nightmares. His answer? Anyone who complains can take their entire crew to a tent for 120 days. So we put herc dudes in a tent for their whole deployment to make room in the hard billets for C17 guys doing 14 days. Not to down the 17 guys, since I think this was forced on them so he could have an OPR bullet; but their life support gear was tea-bagged as a result. The whole thing was later resolved but for a period of time his lunacy prevailed.

Awesome...you suspect your boss is fishing for bullets so you teabag a crews life support equipment. :flipoff: You are a big D!CKHE@D. That is the most effed up thing I've heard from a "crewdawg" in a while. Go choke on a big hog dude.

Temporarily, my faith in AMC is restored.

Here is a gem though:

I spent 1/2 a deployment working tactics when he was the OG/CC. At 1730 every day he would come in to the 737 Ops building and "remind" everyone to put on their reflective belts. We were working 8 hours shifts in a building with no windows. The furthest we would ever get from the building was 100 feet away to get some grub at the roach coach. But like clockwork every day he would come around to remind us to wear our reflective belts INDOORS. His reasoning was that if we didn't put them on right then "we might forget" when we went outside.

What a shithead . . . .

Awesome...you suspect your boss is fishing for bullets so you teabag a crews life support equipment. :flipoff: You are a big D!CKHE@D. That is the most effed up thing I've heard from a "crewdawg" in a while. Go choke on a big hog dude.

I'll second that - is this standard C-130 behavior? When a dude has a bad sortie do you teabag his mask?

Piss off and die Tac Assclown.

Not to down the 17 guys, since I think this was forced on them so he could have an OPR bullet; but their life support gear was tea-bagged as a result.

End Quote. Lesson for life more than entertaining the popcorn and beer viewers:

Remember, the life support stuff you mess with today can be the interviewing crew's stuff at your future interview some tomorrow. Near sighted mistake.

You think the C-17 guys said to up their crewrest over anyone else?

More likely they put up valid reasons or some poorer C-130 leader couldn't support his own troops...

To pull a prank on a crewdog will probably bite you.

Or your friends.

Herk drivers looking for post-active duty jobs be forewarned- we have a new question we will answer ourselves BEFORE giving you an interview. And we have friends all through the ANG and AFRC airframes......

Sign me a C-17 guy thru the rock in that timeframe... I started in MX so I know to always check my progear and clean my gear before donning.... I thought some MX guys were poor decision makers when it came to pranks...

OKAS 2005 deployment and Hurby in 2009. That's not too big a pool to drain.

By the bye, when we pass thru the deed now you don't hear my unit crying about the tents we overnight in. Full duty days in and out, but we'd almost prefer to sleep on the jet rather than immigrate and emigrate... Don't f w/ a crew dog.

I'll edit this for the Stereotyped tac air holdovers- don't do nuthin dumb.

Edited by moosepileit

But after the policy shift to get 17 guys out of the tents the AC had to room with an AC from a different crew creating crewr est nightmares.

YGBSM. Rooming with someone you're not crewed-up with was the norm more the the exception during my last deployment to OKAS...my impression, inconvieniant, but no big deal. I definatley wouldn't call it a nightmare. I'm not saying this guy isn't a DB, though.

Edited by zrooster99

Wow. I am now dumber for having read Moosepileit's post.

couldn't support his own troops well enough in some office puke over the conference desk combat
What?

my impression, inconvieniant, but no big deal.
Bingo. Edited by Herk Driver

Not to down the 17 guys, since I think this was forced on them so he could have an OPR bullet; but their life support gear was tea-bagged as a result.

So, using that reasoning, I should cock-swab my AC's mask and headset tomorrow because we have to play games in Alpena this week.

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. :bash:

On-topic:

Good to see that a douchenozzle "leader" got fired, illuminating the CAREER OVER light steady-bright. Too bad our local douche got a star and moved up...

So, using that reasoning, I should cock-swab my AC's mask and headset tomorrow because we have to play games in Alpena this week.

Whose your AC? I could probably tell you whether or not you need to pp-swab his O2 mask.

You'll have to send me a PM & tell me how Alpena went. We'll be out there in October. Don't let your left seater taxi ya'll off the 75' to 75' 90 deg you have to make after exiting the end of rwy 01.

Guest Hueypilot812

What's up with all this Blue on Blue crap going on? One dude's bragging about tea-bagging crew LS gear for the decision made by a moronic senior leader, and then you've got "moosepileit" swaggering in here threatening to black-ball all Herk guys because of one dude's post? WTF?

How about we focus on the morons this thread was created for instead of getting into another Herk vs Barney fight?

Wow. When I read tac air's post I assumed he was just kidding about the tea bagging....I guess thats not how it was meant?

You assumed correctly. Sarcasm doesn't come off well on the interent, and I don't know anyone who would actually do that. It's an expression. Everyone chill.

What's up with all this Blue on Blue crap going on? One dude's bragging about tea-bagging crew LS gear for the decision made by a moronic senior leader, and then you've got "moosepileit" swaggering in here threatening to black-ball all Herk guys because of one dude's post? WTF?

How about we focus on the morons this thread was created for instead of getting into another Herk vs Barney fight?

NOT blue on blue and NOT herk v. barney. Making assumptions and not reading in context is not so smart.. Again, be careful who's back you piss on today, could be tomorrows' bro.

Crewdog v. claimed teabagger, period. 1v1, full up internet muscles on. First post from longtime lurker... Was I in error? If it was out of context and didn't happen as posted, then choose text and context more carefully. 10% true the first time doesn't count here....

Undrift- I carry a coin from the good folks at Pope, the ones that run JFEX, from planning conference #1 to last gear in the well on the way home... and I don't mean Mr. Luther... One of my more prized tokens from years of many long weeks and nights... Glad to hear good news for Pope folks.

Edited by moosepileit

How do you t bag life support gear? Did the 130 guys actually pull their scrotums out and smear their ball sacs on the 17 guys nvgs and helmets?

Another question for tac airlifter...did you know of a 130 chick that was pissed off at the 17 dudes? Did she rub her labia all over their gear? Gross man.

• Downvote 1

Crewdog v. claimed teabagger, period. 1v1, full up internet muscles on. First post from longtime lurker... Was I in error? If it was out of context and didn't happen as posted, then choose text and context more carefully. 10% true the first time doesn't count here....

The 10% rule always applies. If it didn't this thread would be boring.

Edited by schokie

Guest Lucky13
I can enlighten ya a bit on how the "Reserve Associate" thing is working out at Pope. Fair warning though, I am one of those RESERVE types. In OPS, things are real good. All of our lines are filled with mixed crews from the 95th and 2nd. We have a priority matrix for lack of a better phrase to decide who flys what. MX is getting better. What more can I say. There are issues, but they have really come a long way IMHO. Still, some days are better than others. As for hacking the mission, I would say as a whole we are getting it done in spades. Between the continuous 2AS commitment, Joint Enterprise, Coronet Oak (which we share with our active duty brothers & sisters), and our own deployments...things are going OK. Room for improvement? Sure. But what unit can't say that. Like I said, I may be jaded somewhat in my opinion. Hope this answers your question.

From the maintenance side of things, it is not going well at all. I don't know a single ART in MXG that is not actively looking for another job. Every time Ft Bragg has a job fair, we're all mysteriously on leave. It's like rats off a sinking ship.

Guest Form 8
How do you t bag life support gear? Did the 130 guys actually pull their scrotums out and smear their ball sacs on the 17 guys nvgs and helmets?

Another question for tac airlifter...did you know of a 130 chick that was pissed off at the 17 dudes? Did she rub her labia all over their gear? Gross man.

Balls + quickdons = life support gear

Happens in the tanker world also. You don't even want to know what MX guys do to the chin rest in the boom pod.

From the maintenance side of things, it is not going well at all. I don't know a single ART in MXG that is not actively looking for another job. Every time Ft Bragg has a job fair, we're all mysteriously on leave. It's like rats off a sinking ship.

That's what I had been told from some people in the know.

Deleted previous post - trying not to betray a trust. There is other info out there that guys at Pope may know more about than I (my info is pure speculation/ rumor mill)

Balls + quickdons = life support gear

NVGs/Helmet?? Try O2 mask, boom mike, headset mike. You'd be surprised what your LS guys are doing to your gear if they don't like you. Good habit is to clean those items listed any chance you get or play nice with the techs that service your equipment (sts).

Edited by Herk Driver

Guest TheBurt

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. It was 1999, we were working flying our b#lls off, they had broken the Delta sqadron into Delta 1 and Delta 2, Delta 1 was all guard and Delta 2 was all reserve, things were slowing down a little and they decided to go back to just one Delta sqadron, and low and behold, the 61st was going to lead this particular rote (unusual at the time because the guard never worked under active duty). The great LTC Mcdonald called a meeting of only Guard and Reserve aircrews in the day room at Sembach, we showed up and he proceded into a 30 minute tirade on how "you guard guys good deal is over", he then went on to tell us that he knew we were abusing the rental vans etc. etc. and that we were not going to ruin his career. Unfortunately 2 days later, he had a C-130 from his Sq crash at Al Jaber.

The next day he was on my Herk on a channel mission, we had to drop him off at Aviano, on our way to Sigonella, he was catching a C-141 to Kuwait, I was filing the flight plan in ops, and despite the fact he was going to Kuwait to tend to a very tragic situation, he still found the time to tell me that my boots needed to be shinier.

It is nice to see things come full circle.

TheBurt

Edited by TheBurt

Guest Form 8
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. It was 1999, we were working flying our b#lls off, they had broken the Delta sqadron into Delta 1 and Delta 2, Delta 1 was all guard and Delta 2 was all reserve, things were slowing down a little and they decided to go back to just one Delta sqadron, and low and behold, the 61st was going to lead this particular rote (unusual at the time because the guard never worked under active duty). The great LTC Mcdonald called a meeting of only Guard and Reserve aircrews in the day room at Sembach, we showed up and he proceded into a 30 minute tirade on how "you guard guys good deal is over", he then went on to tell us that he knew we were abusing the rental vans etc. etc. and that we were not going to ruin his career. Unfortunately 2 days later, he had a C-130 from his Sq crash at Al Jaber.

The next day he was on my Herk on a channel mission, we had to drop him off at Aviano, on our way to Sigonella, he was catching a C-141 to Kuwait, I was filing the flight plan in ops, and despite the fact he was going to Kuwait to tend to a very tragic situation, he still found the time to tell me that my boots needed to be shinier.

It is nice to see things come full circle.

TheBurt

Wow, just wow.

:bash:

You also can't forget the all female Herk crew he wanted for all the publicity.

2i7s29l.jpg

znmur6.jpg

You also can't forget the all female Herk crew he wanted for all the publicity.

znmur6.jpg

I just threw up.

Tac thanks for clarifying your intended sarcasm.

Moosepilieeie... - coherent thoughts will help your Baseops.net debut that you are attempting. Welcome.