Booze Talk

B*D*A

Well, we just had a successfully foray to the Class 6 to stock our new bar. Here's what were packin':

Gin: Hendricks

Tangueray

Tequila: Montezuma

Vodka: 3 Olives

Skky

Bourbon: Woodford Reserve

Makers Mark

Jeremiah Weed

Scotch: Walker Black and Red

What's in your bar? Any suggestions for bourbons and single-malt or interesting spirits you've come across? Also, just found out about Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea, anyone tried it yet?

I'm gonna call your Vodka choices a fail.

Svedka is good and cheap and I'm also a fan of Tito's.

I usually drink bourbon though. Woodford is good, but Wild Turkey 101 is a favorite as of late. On the scotch note, a bud just told me he scored a bottle of JW Blue for $149. Nice! I know they're that cheap online, but rarely at my stores.

Edited by dontshavemyhead

...Any suggestions for bourbons...

My favorite bourbon: 1792 Ridgemont Reserve (Might have to go elsewhere to get it b/c I've noticed class 6's not carrying it anymore. Or you can have them order a case for a discounted price - I'm still working though my last order...)

The others I enjoy: WL Weller Special Reserve, Eagle Rare, Gentleman jack, jack single barrel, Maker's Mark, and Old Grand-dad bonded.

Some bourbon trivia: What's the difference between Jim Beam White, Jim Beam Black and Knob Creek? They're aged 4, 8 and 9 years respectively. Otherwise it's the exact same stuff.

Guest gonzo

Whiskey: Military Special

Vodka: Dark Eyes

Wine: Toss up between Boone's Farm and Mad Dag strawberry banana

Beer: Pabst Blue Ribbon

Favorite beer: Domestic:Leinenkugel (just about anything they make, but I enjoy wheat beers, so I'd have to go with Sunset Wheat)

Import: Hacker Pschorr (hard to find though)

FYI, if anyone here ever makes it up to Wisconsin, track down a beer made by New Glarus Brewery called Spotted Cow. My parents serve it in their bar, and it is one of my personal favorites, but you can only find in WI.

Shiner beer is amazing. Better on tap than in the bottle, though. As for liquor, I just discovered Crown and Dr. Pepper this past weekend. I usually drink Crown with Coke, but this new combo is really smooth.

Rum: Ron Del Barrilito (great dark sipping rum); DonQ Cristal, DonQ Limon and Ron Cañita Cura'o

I LOVE my rum!

2uzrqf5.jpg

Beer: Crown Lager (when I can get it)- everyday is Killians Irish Red or Corona

Wine: Penfolds Bin 5 (I think) Cabernet Savignon

Edited by Vertigo

Weed sweet tea is massively inferior to Firefly and/or Carolina Sweet Tea if any of y'all are familiar; also, it is 0% Weed in the traditional sense (tastes like fvck etc.) HOWEVER, it's half the price of its competitors and tastes alright. Pick your poison.

Tequila: Montezuma

Did you run out of money before the tequila isle?

Weed sweet tea is massively inferior to Firefly and/or Carolina Sweet Tea if any of y'all are familiar; also, it is 0% Weed in the traditional sense (tastes like fvck etc.) HOWEVER, it's half the price of its competitors and tastes alright. Pick your poison.

Firefly is fantastic. Dangerous... but fantastic.

Beer: Yuengling(when I can get it), Shiner Bock, Becks,...fvck it, I drink anything that says "beer" on it. too many to list.

I'm not much of a liquor guy, but I brought back 6 bottles of rum from Puerto Rico a couple weeks ago, and I'm developing a taste for it.

DonQ Cristal is perfect for Mojito's

Bacardi Select makes a damn good rum and coke.

Still have Cruzan Dark, DonQ Anos, and Bacardi 8 unopened. I'll let ya know about those eventually.

Gin: Tanqueray

Vodka: Smirnoff (hardly ever drink Vodka, so I buy the cheap stuff)

Whiskey: Maker's Mark (I've had the bottle for almost 2 years and its only half down)

Edited by outbreak

In addition to all the standard stuff, I'm a fan of the sweet tea vodkas, most any brand. Little bit of water on ice, scary good. And I hate real sweet tea. Also, something different I've been into recently is the espresso vodkas... takes caucasians (black russians I guess, not so white) up a notch. Caffeine's good for when you get sick of red bull and vodka.

Rum: Ron Del Barrilito (great dark sipping rum); DonQ Cristal, DonQ Limon and Ron Cañita Cura'o

I LOVE my rum!

2uzrqf5.jpg

Beer: Crown Lager (when I can get it)- everyday is Killians Irish Red or Corona

Wine: Penfolds Bin 5 (I think) Cabernet Savignon

The worlds largest manufacturer and supplier of rum is where I'm from: Puerto Rico!!!

I'm with Vertigo on his list, especially the Ron Del Barrilito. Everytime I go back home or family comes up to visit, the only thing that I request them to bring up is Alcohol! Bacardi is standard almost everywhere you go, but the rest are pretty hard to come by unless you live in FL.

BTW, Ron Cañita is pretty much our version of moonshine.

As for the Beer: Heineken

Booze: Grey Goose and Red Bull

Dude, save your money and go w/ Smirnoff (or any other cheap V) and RB. Trust me - you can't tell the difference.

Booze: Dirty Vodka Martini's

Beer: Leinenkugel's, Dale's Ale, Coors Light (the one to drink when you're drinking more than one)

Wine: All of it.

Edited by Spoo

Boubon: Basil Hayden's, but there's lots of good ones!

Scotch:

Isle: Lagavulin - good and peaty...

Highland: MacAllan 12. 18 if youve got the cash. Its worth it. Also Dalwhinne 16 is GREAT.

Blend: Kill the Red and Black Label. Yuck. Its Green Label for Best Blend for the Money. Cant beat it.

But Im an amateur... talk to Cooter for your true Scotch expert.

Chuck

Have you tried the 15 year Laphroaig from Islay? It's 'distinctive' between the peat and sea taste, but I like it...

Mike

I cant even begin to fathom what's lurking in the back of the booze stash. I am willing to bet there is at least one forgotten dusty bottle that has enough potency to burn a hole in the stomach of even our most seasond fan of the poison.

some of the bar favs:

Gentleman Jack

Jack Black

JW

Skyy Vodka

Bacardi

Miller always on tap...

Personal favorites: Greatest beer on earth = Shiner bock. Jack Daniels...and who could forget about that awesome combo: "lysol, alcohol, and a touch of gasoline...."

.....FOX 1

-summers

Has anyone that's passed through Vance ever been to the winery that's about a half hour west of town? I think it's called Indian Creek or something. Good wine (for Oklahoma I guess).

FYI: It was destroyed in a fire back in Dec, anyone up there now hear if they are reopening it?

I'm 90% a beer guy. That said, I'm more of what they call "craft breweries" kind of guy. Tend to shy away from the typical big name American lagers. I will admit though, that American Ale wasn't that bad.

I mostly like stouts, porters, darker ales, and there are quiet a few wheat and wit beers out there that I really enjoy.

Being a Colorado resident, I've done many a brewery tour all up and down the front range and then some. (never been to the Coors one in Golden though...didn't care to go) Avalanche Ale will always be dear in my heart for topping off some great, and not so great, days at Breck. They have a damn good oatmeal stout, and the vanilla porter is yummy (yes I said yummy)

Anything from Rogue, Stone, Sierra Nevada, and Ska breweries. If you ever go to Durango, CO, make sure you check out the Ska brewery. Those folks are really cool and I spent an entire afternoon there checking out the place and then drinking in their front lobby/bar.

Sam Adams has only disappointed me once, and their summer ale is fricking awesome.

Having spent a good portion of my life, and being my first real beer, I will always love anything from the Spoetzl brewery! 100th anniversary!!! Their black lager is pretty damn good...and great in burgers.

I highly recommend that any beer lovers subscribe to Beer Magazine. (see below)

beer-mag-2-11.jpg