Lackland Buffoonery

M2

Spoo & contraildash

You two want to take it somewhere else? Any more comments concerning BQs, CTs or any other IDGAFs is gonna get all of your posts deleted and both of your accounts suspended for 30 days. No one wants to hear about this A&M crap...

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoo & contraildash

You two want to take it somewhere else? Any more comments concerning BQs, CTs or any other IDGAFs is gonna get all of your posts deleted and both of your accounts suspended for 30 days. No one wants to hear about this A&M crap...

INNER MONOLOGUE: Oh Shit, he thinks I went to A&M...

Sir,

I totally agree with you - I don't want to hear about any F-ing A&M bullshit either. That's why I posted this in response to BQZip's first totally annoying A&M rambling:

Thanks, but nobody cares. Where is A&M anyway? Lubbock or Austin?

I think you're referring to Contrail and BQZip01. They didn't get the hint so I threw out the band camp line - didn't mean to make a connection to the A&M band. BTW, I didn't know there was a difference between different school's bands - they're all geeks.

Edited by Spoo

Spoo & contraildash

Geez M2. Did an A&M grad piss in your cheerios when you were a kid? The parallels between Lackland FT buffoonery and any military school are certainly analogous and apropos for a discussion here. These same shoeclerks are the ones "leading" the charge about pointless regulations and rules.

When I was at FT there were several <s>BQs and CTs</s> <s>Agggies</s> <s>Aagies</s> <s>Aaggies</s> other students from my school (this is why we resort to two letter acronyms...spelling is a graduate course at A&M...), Norwich, Citadel, and VMI guys/gals. All of us were bored especially of cadets a year older than us with nearly 2 weeks of "training" in how to be intimidating trying to be tough on us. We openly laughed about it and the other flight members said, "Why do you do that? They're gonna make us do more PT." We told them, "Yeah, it doesn't matter what we do, we're going to be doing PT. The fact that they need to find an infraction to justify it is pointless. They'll make stuff up if they have to and chalk it up under 'We're teaching them that life's not fair'." (see stories above). There was one week that I got through without getting a single 341...up until we were marching over to "pay up" at the end of the week. Once they looked at the clipboard, I got 14 demerits between the dorm and PT fields for various "infractions" to include "hair out of regulations (it was a #4 all over and got it the day before along with 3 others in my flight), shoelaces untied, shoelaces not completely tucked in, shoelaces being too dirty, etc.

Spoo & contraildash

Why so much hate? And in Spoo's defense, I do think you have him confused with BQZip. (I did enjoy the digs on A&M Spoo)

If it makes you feel any better I was 'politely asked to leave' the Corps...so my brainwashing wasn't as complete as BQZip's!

Hell I'm a red-headed step child...son of a Coast Guard pilot, A&M grad, and commissioned through OTS.

...that's at least three 341s right there...

Edited by contraildash

Guest EN_GRAD

Man, this discussion had some potential until the ROTC and A&M talk started making the room spin...from all the gayness.

Id rather take a cheese grater to my sack than hear some field training story about how cool your CTA was.

Guest EN_GRAD
When I was at FT there were several <s>BQs and CTs</s> <s>Agggies</s> <s>Aagies</s> <s>Aaggies</s> other students from my school (this is why we resort to two letter acronyms...spelling is a graduate course at A&M...), Norwich, Citadel, and VMI guys/gals. All of us were bored especially of cadets a year older than us with nearly 2 weeks of "training" in how to be intimidating trying to be tough on us. We openly laughed about it and the other flight members said, "Why do you do that? They're gonna make us do more PT." We told them, "Yeah, it doesn't matter what we do, we're going to be doing PT. The fact that they need to find an infraction to justify it is pointless. They'll make stuff up if they have to and chalk it up under 'We're teaching them that life's not fair'." (see stories above). There was one week that I got through without getting a single 341...up until we were marching over to "pay up" at the end of the week. Once they looked at the clipboard, I got 14 demerits between the dorm and PT fields for various "infractions" to include "hair out of regulations (it was a #4 all over and got it the day before along with 3 others in my flight), shoelaces untied, shoelaces not completely tucked in, shoelaces being too dirty, etc.

If anyone can top that in :rainbow: ness I will buy 5 rounds of virtual beers for the entire thread.

Beers.

To the A&M grads...please STFU and PM each other about your mutual experiences at field training. I liked this thread until I read all of your posts. This is about Lackland being gay, not about the school you went to an hour and a half away from the guadelupe river.

*I went to A&M, I'm proud of it, but I don't talk about the past on internet forums.*

Man, this discussion had some potential until the ROTC and A&M talk started making the room spin...from all the gayness.

Id rather take a cheese grater to my sack than hear some field training story about how cool your CTA was.

Beers.

you lash out at the ROTC stories calling them gay, and then contribute after obviously reading through them all. Does that make you gay?

Edited by MCO

Don't worry. I never met a "cool" CTA...

BTW, I guess you young 'uns went to other places, but my FT was at Lackland. The insanity there isn't new, but it seems to get a fresh coat of paint with each new commander...

Edited by BQZip01

godjesus - cool it with the faggotry!

Fucking a - yeah FT was held at Lackland awhile. Fuck I even went to it myself. It was gay. It sucked. But FT has also been held at, what, Ellsworth, Maxwell, Tyndall, McChord, fucking Westover...enough!

Lackland is the home of BMT and numerous tech schools and all the gayness that goes with that territory. Being pulled 341s as 'tickets' for infractions is beyond obscene.

Wait, you've actually had somebody pissed at you about that? Where the hell else are we supposed to put it?

An O5 informed me that if his boss's boss saw folks in the squadron with covers sticking out like that during his annual walkthrough / base tour, he would not be happy. So no, no one got 'pissed' at me exactly. And no, I've never been able to figure that riddle out.

At BQZip01:

"Shoe laces too dirty"?? Man, that's awesome. That'd be a good one for a UPT check IP:

"Grade overall? E1. I woulda given you a zero-downgrade O, but your shoe laces were slightly too dirty."

Edited by kingpin

godjesus - cool it with the faggotry!

######ing a - yeah FT was held at Lackland awhile. ###### I even went to it myself. It was gay. It sucked. But FT has also been held at, what, Ellsworth, Maxwell, Tyndall, McChord, ######ing Westover...enough!

Lackland is the home of BMT and numerous tech schools and all the gayness that goes with that territory. Being pulled 341s as 'tickets' for infractions is beyond obscene.

Don't forget Barksdale in that list....."Barksdale 1....Second to None!!!!"

An O5 informed me that if his boss's boss saw folks in the squadron with covers sticking out like that during his annual walkthrough / base tour, he would not be happy. So no, no one got 'pissed' at me exactly. And no, I've never been able to figure that riddle out.

Did you inform said O-5 that the rules allow you to have your hat sticking out of the flight suit pocket so him, his boss and his boss's boss can choke on it?

Edited by Herk Driver

To the A&M grads...please STFU and PM each other about your mutual experiences at field training. I liked this thread until I read all of your posts. This is about Lackland being gay, not about the school you went to an hour and a half away from the guadelupe river.

*I went to A&M, I'm proud of it, but I don't talk about the past on internet forums.*

My field training was at Lackland.

Excuse me for not realizing this was the "all gayness at Lackland, except field training" thread.

Duly noted though, now go unwad your panties with everyone else who's all butt-hurt about my single solitary post that was off what I thought the topic was about....Lackland.

I'm done with this thread.

Edited by contraildash

Guest hootie
I shit you not, when I was at FT, we were handed out 341's for 'Not Moving at the Speed of Excellence'.

If anyone can top that in :rainbow: ness I will buy 5 rounds of virtual beers for the entire thread.

Lets see - I got one for having a bug landing on my head, and the guy next to me reaching over and knocking it off without asking "permission to touch". Then the CTA told me it was an unauthorized bug - where do the authorized ones come from? Power trip anyone? :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Anyone remember the year Lackland painted the grass green for an upcoming inspection.

They used green paint not that green fertilizer stuff. Took almost a year for the grass to recover.

Lets see - I got one for having a bug landing on my head, and the guy next to me reaching over and knocking it off without asking "permission to touch". Then the CTA told me it was an unauthorized bug - where do the authorized ones come from? Power trip anyone? :rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

Stories like this are what almost caused me to join the Army. I find it humorous and maddening that we really never trained for anything we will do. The Marines fire rifles, and every single one of them has to qualify on a weapon. The Army learns land/night navigation, and has worthwhile things to teach their cadets. The Air Force grades people based on how much ass they kiss, how well they march in a square, and the size of your waist. I think we have it all wrong, and it causes me to shake my head at least once a day when I ponder the bullshit. It's only gotten worse during my time on AD, and I don't really see it getting any better. Does anyone else notice this? That and the fact that my boss calls me a "warrior" every day, even though all I do is support the actual warriors?

Stories like this are what almost caused me to join the Army. I find it humorous and maddening that we really never trained for anything we will do. The Marines fire rifles, and every single one of them has to qualify on a weapon. The Army learns land/night navigation, and has worthwhile things to teach their cadets. The Air Force grades people based on how much ass they kiss, how well they march in a square, and the size of your waist. I think we have it all wrong, and it causes me to shake my head at least once a day when I ponder the bullshit. It's only gotten worse during my time on AD, and I don't really see it getting any better. Does anyone else notice this? That and the fact that my boss calls me a "warrior" every day, even though all I do is support the actual warriors?

Everyone notices it. No one actually suggests plausable solution. Therein lies the problem.

FF

Guest tonio

I just came from Lackland about a month ago (345th) and the upcoming inspection is driving people crazy with the rules. First one that sticks out in my mind is since someone decided to nod at a 2 star instead of giving a proper greeting all tech schoolers had to stop, stand at attention and render a greeting for every NCO that came within 6 paces of them. Kind of funny now that I think about it.

Instructors complained about not having time to instruct and prepare for the inspection so they implemented 12 hour weekdays and 8 hour shifts saturday and sunday within the squadron. There are plenty more that I'm forgetting im sure.

...First one that sticks out in my mind is since someone decided to nod at a 2 star instead of giving a proper greeting ...

Not a FT story but similar, and speaking of 341's, it's valid. While at OTS, one of the trainees leading a formation didn't salute a 3 star, and the MTI's reaction was priceless. "What the ###### were you thinking trainee, were you blinded by the stars on his hat?"

Back to the thread.

Not a FT story but similar, and speaking of 341's, it's valid. While at OTS, one of the trainees leading a formation didn't salute a 3 star, and the MTI's reaction was priceless. "What the ###### were you thinking trainee, were you blinded by the stars on his hat?"

Back to the thread.

I'm surprised the MTI didn't get counseled on his use of lewd and "unprofessional" language. Seriously, we are asked (well, some of us) to kill people, and they worry about this shit? I don't think there is any plausible solution to any problem that we face on AD. When you make a suggestion, you are black-listed as someone who doesn't play by the rules, and someone who poisons the unit. At least that's how it works where I am. The best way, as I've seen, is be someone who is constantly happy no matter what. The type of happiness that you can only get when medicated, and they also have to constantly say things in regards to the core values. When a subordinate says "Sir, XX was a terrible idea, why didn't the NAF listen to our feedback before implementing this policy." The superior then responds with a smile..."Lt X, you have to realize that we need to be flexible, and we can't always get what we want..." you get the idea. Then you have the guys who think they can get to the top and change things, but by the time they do, they don't remember the buffoonery, and it all starts over again. I need a drink.

Then you have the guys who think they can get to the top and change things, but by the time they do, they don't remember the buffoonery, and it all starts over again. I need a drink.

Or they are so d@mn beat down by the time they get there that they run out of steam to fight against the man...

Or they are so d@mn beat down by the time they get there that they run out of steam to fight against the man...

Or the only reason they got to be in a position to change things to begin with was because they drank the kool-aid and agreed with the dumb policies that they once so despised.