Stanley Cup Finals

Skitzo

Guest Unconfirmed Source

First goal was weak, but good game all around, gonna be a good series. Lots of hitting and tired defensemen for sure.

I was pissed. No one around here (TX) likes hockey. I was shocked to see that the game was bumped on our tv network here for some fundraiser that went all night. They bumped the game to fox, which took half of the first period to figure out.

First goal was weak, but good game all around, gonna be a good series. Lots of hitting and tired defensemen for sure.

First goal was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay weak, the go ahead goal was the product of some hard work, and they got lucky with the last one too, although I have to give some big ups to Abdelkader for his SA on the puck...catching it...and getting it on net. I was impressed with that one.

Pulling for the Pens. Can't stand Detroit.

hells yes. anyone who hasn't watched hockey, try tuning in to this series. It truly is the greatest game out there. hitting of football, faster than racing, skills (and hand eye coordination) far exceeding basketball and baseball. And better fights than boxing (ok, maybe not better than an MMA fight though). Just give your self a chance to get to know the rules (just like any sport there are some wierd ones).

Go Wings!!! Bout time we repeated again.

Yeah, I watched it and it was great. Being from Detroit, I was royally pissed over missing two years of Red Wings hockey. It sucks that you only get to see it nationwide during the Finals. The strike a few years ago certainly did not help the NHL's case.

Yeah, I watched it and it was great. Being from Detroit, I was royally pissed over missing two years of Red Wings hockey. It sucks that you only get to see it nationwide during the Finals. The strike a few years ago certainly did not help the NHL's case.

While the lockout sucked the stuff that came out of it really helped, it forced them to change the game. Hockey was boring in the late 90s thanks to the trap defense and the lack of scoring. After the lockout they did away with the two line pass rule, moved the blue lines, and created the trapezoid behind the net. All of which has helped the game be as exciting as it is today... Ohh, and Alex Ovechkin helps too.

Edit: Forgot the best thing, they got rid of the unholy tie. Shootouts in the regular season are much better.

Edited by EnriquePallazo

While the lockout sucked the stuff that came out of it really helped, it forced them to change the game. Hockey was boring in the late 90s thanks to the trap defense and the lack of scoring. After the lockout they did away with the two line pass rule, moved the blue lines, and created the trapezoid behind the net. All of which has helped the game be as exciting as it is today... Ohh, and Alex Ovechkin helps too.

Edit: Forgot the best thing, they got rid of the unholy tie. Shootouts in the regular season are much better.

Yeah, there were some good rule changes and the shootouts are awesome. But I think a lot of the fan base got jaded towards hockey during the lockout, and the NHL lost a lot of corporate and network support. Even some of the fans in Detroit haven't fully gotten back into it.

Yeah, there were some good rule changes and the shootouts are awesome. But I think a lot of the fan base got jaded towards hockey during the lockout, and the NHL lost a lot of corporate and network support. Even some of the fans in Detroit haven't fully gotten back into it.

I'm sure the attendance average at regular season NHL games is significantly higher than at MLB games. For the life of me I could never figure out why they have baseball games in the early afternoon during the work week. 80% of the stands are empty! Nor the need for 164 games in a season (or whatever it is).

If anyone became jaded with the NHL it was the major networks and with only Versus carrying games (or some local networks) it's almost impossible for the fans that do want to watch, actually watch. I know a ton of dudes that have bought the NHL online thing and hook up their computers to their TV so they can watch games.

I think it'll come back with time, but it won't be fast enough.

If anyone became jaded with the NHL it was the major networks and with only Versus carrying games (or some local networks) it's almost impossible for the fans that do want to watch, actually watch. I know a ton of dudes that have bought the NHL online thing and hook up their computers to their TV so they can watch games.

I think it'll come back with time, but it won't be fast enough.

I think the people who are the most jaded are the fans in Canada. Living in Winnipeg or Quebec City and seeing your teams move to the Southern US where no one cares would be terrible. That's all Bettman's fault, they need to contract some of the teams and let others move back to Canada. Why the league is against the Phoenix team move to Ontario is beyond me...

Anyway Game Two starts soon, Go Pens.

Bettman seems to be doing a lot to destroy the NHL. This agreement with NBC to have back to back games so Conan's show doesn't get interrupted is one of the stupidest ideas ever.

Wings in 5!

DETROIT SUCKS!

Detroit does suck, but the Wings are awesome!

Bettman seems to be doing a lot to destroy the NHL. This agreement with NBC to have back to back games so Conan's show doesn't get interrupted is one of the stupidest ideas ever.

Wings in 5!

"2" (They'll stumble once).

Anyone know if Osgood is going to get an Oscar for the dive he took at the end of the game? I mean he was barely touched with the stick, and the way he acted, you would have thought he got hit by a zamboni.

Anyone know if Osgood is going to get an Oscar for the dive he took at the end of the game? I mean he was barely touched with the stick, and the way he acted, you would have thought he got hit by a zamboni.

as a red wing fan, i'll admit he does put a little extra in... but so do a lot of goalies and a lot of other players. I remember once I had a coach who taught me the art of diving, it was actually kidna funny when I could draw penalties out of complete thin air. But I gave that habit up quickly.

But a lot of times when someone assumes a dive on a player, it can also be viewed as a natural reaction. The most common occurance I can see of this is when someone's stick comes up high... naturally the head jerks back in reaction, whether or not the stick makes contact. Then even without contact, sometimes you see a call made for high sticking. A lot of times the reaction isn't instantaneous either because it takes a second for the brain to click, so it looks delayed and like a dive.

In this case, where talbot's stick hits ozzie is low on the front side. If you get low enough, those pads don't always protect there. I've made a few goalies bleed with slapshots by hitting just right where the pad stops.

But he probably dived.

• 2 weeks later...