Worst/Funniest/Most Embarassing Tattoos

Guest Brodini

• 1 month later...

Out of curiosity. Has anyone seen/have an Air Force related tattoo that isn't considered gay? It seems like everytime someone comments on an AF tat it is negative. Just wondering.

Jolly Green Giant footprints on your ass. Only cool if you're a PJ.

Guest Sandlapper

If you've made it to this point in life without having any tattoos, you owe yourself a pat on the back. If, however, you're not so lucky, don't bother trying to convince anyone else of your tattoo's special significance (kids names, family "crests", AF insignia, barbed wire, or whatever tribal BS you picked out for your bicep)...that's what photographs & memories are for, FYI. Like it or not, there is a large segment of the population that simply dismiss your tattoo as an indicator of lacking judgement, regardless of the sincere thought & significance you've placed on it - right or wrong, that's a fact. And those people, by the way, are your present/future employers, spouses, kids, in-laws, etc...essentially the people who's opinion of you matters most.

In today's world, having no tattoos is the new version of having a tattoo. It's a good thing mullets & parachute pants weren't permanent...I'm sure as hell glad the expressions of individualism I made 20 years ago aren't looking me in the mirror every morning.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

If you've made it to this point in life without having any tattoos, you owe yourself a pat on the back. If, however, you're not so lucky, don't bother trying to convince anyone else of your tattoo's special significance (kids names, family "crests", AF insignia, barbed wire, or whatever tribal BS you picked out for your bicep)...that's what photographs & memories are for, FYI. Like it or not, there is a large segment of the population that simply dismiss your tattoo as an indicator of lacking judgement, regardless of the sincere thought & significance you've placed on it - right or wrong, that's a fact. And those people, by the way, are your present/future employers, spouses, kids, in-laws, etc...essentially the people who's opinion of you matters most.

In today's world, having no tattoos is the new version of having a tattoo. It's a good thing mullets & parachute pants weren't permanent...I'm sure as hell glad the expressions of individualism I made 20 years ago aren't looking me in the mirror every morning.

Really don't like tats huh? I think it's generational and a ton of younger people have them. Its like earings for generations past...it was taboo at the beginning, then more people got them, now it's NBD.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Downvote 1

Guest Sandlapper

Really don't like tats huh? I think it's generational and a ton of younger people have them. Its like earings for generations past...it was taboo at the beginning, then more people got them, now it's NBD.

Yeah, not a big fan. I realize that's what the kids are doing these days. Here's my point in the context of the average young adult's knowledge base: We know what we know (10%), we know what we don't know (10%), and we don't know what we don't know (80%)...its within this last category that most of our future priorities & sensibilities lie. Making a lifelong decision about a tribal tat that wraps around your torso at the age of 19 seems to me like a huge f'ing mistake (and your future self will likely agree, you just don't realize it yet.)

Yeah, not a big fan. I realize that's what the kids are doing these days. Here's my point in the context of the average young adult's knowledge base: We know what we know (10%), we know what we don't know (10%), and we don't know what we don't know (80%)...its within this last category that most of our future priorities & sensibilities lie. Making a lifelong decision about a tribal tat that wraps around your torso at the age of 19 seems to me like a huge f'ing mistake (and your future self will likely agree, you just don't realize it yet.)

I totally agree...to me anything that cannot be covered by a t-shirt is not gonna be a good idea b/c it will be very obvious later in life when you're trying to land that big interview.

Buy a laser, make millions in 5 or 10 years with the future tsunami of regretful tattoos.

I took the rug-rats to a waterpark a few weeks back- we were the only folks with out tats. There were 4 year olds with tribal band smoking marlboro reds. I think our future is looking bright!

If I am ever interviewing for a job where I will be dismissed out of hand simply for having a tattoo, I don't want to work there. Good leaders don't become leaders by passing judgment on people solely based on the decisions or mistakes they've made in the past. They (should) become leaders by being able to evaluate how a person overcomes their mistakes and what they learn from them.

That being said, I agree that a large amount of forethought, a pause, and then more consideration should precede any kind of permanent expression such as tattoos and piercings. Most kids don't think that far ahead (I rarely did, did you?). That's why why parents and elders are supposed to be raising kids with discipline and knowledge (which rarely happens). Wanna know why people have goofy tattoos? Look at their parents first. Past that...well, people do irrational things, that doesn't make them bad people.

FF

• Upvote 2

Guest Sandlapper

Hey guys! I finally scored that big interview with FedEx...you think they'll be cool with my new tat?

f-you-forehead-tattoo.jpg

Guest Rubber_Side_Down

A dude I went to college with started a website for aviation related tattoos.... kinda cool, if that's your thing.

Tattoos In Flight.com

Already posted on page 3 of this thread, but a neat idea for a site. How did your buddy get interested in this? Were you both Riddle or USAFA grads?

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Worth a thread revival...

14 "Awsome" Misspelled Tattoos Of The Day

What, tattoo artists don't keep dictionaries on hand?

to+young.jpg

"To" stupid to breed

tomarrow.jpg

I think "tomarrow" knows you'll still be a dummy tomorrow

tradgey.jpg

Comedy is right (in more ways than one)

your+alive.jpg

Your alive? No, sir, that's my alive. Give it back!

clemons.jpg

This message brought to you by the proud schools of the Atlantic Coast Conference

heros.jpg

Double fault: misspelled heroes and the unnecessary apostrophe.

juge.jpg

God, and your remedial English teacher

sacrafice.jpg

I think you already have, buddy.

systsem.jpg

Yeah, fuck it! Whatever it is.

ELESE.jpg

Judging by this post, you're right.

Once someone replies to this thread, I'll post the rest of them... :rock:

Cheers! M2