MacDill info

ClearedHot

...coming over from the Guard.

...moving across the aisle to the AFR--let's just say I'm getting a vibe that there are be challenges associated.

DISCLAIMER: Not a Guard guy or MacDill guy.

Speaking in broad generalities, prepare for much more AD-like attitudes from the AFRC side than you're used to from the Guard. AFRC went on a Big-Blue-AD Kool-Aid bender some years ago, and there's no visible signs of recovery...

DISCLAIMER: Not a Guard guy or MacDill guy.

Speaking in broad generalities, prepare for much more AD-like attitudes from the AFRC side than you're used to from the Guard. AFRC went on a Big-Blue-AD Kool-Aid bender some years ago, and there's no visible signs of recovery...

Copy, stay away from the Kool-Aid.

• 1 month later...

Buddy of mine is the Super there and said the Sq/CC is awesome. They had some 8010 issues a few months ago, however they're good now. I'd still go to March over Macdill since that's "AMC lite" for Active Duty. Fairchild owns March ADCON wise.

• 11 months later...

Female?   WTF does that have to do with anything?  

Also, as a man who has flown both the 130 and the 135 for about 1000 hours each as two of my first 4 aircraft (and who has loved both of them)..I feel qualified to say the 130 mission set is much more complicated.

She (whomever she is), will be fine if she's a good leader.   

Hmm... Looking through her bio she has never been an Aircraft Commander and only has 1,330 flight hours. Not passing any judgement, it just caught my eye.

3 hours ago, deskjockey said:

Also, as a man who has flown both the 130 and the 135 for about 1000 hours each as two of my first 4 aircraft (and who has loved both of them)..I feel qualified to say the 130 mission set is much more complicated.

She (whomever she is), will be fine if she's a good leader.   

3 hours ago, deskjockey said:

Apparently it's news worthy.

image.png

The ops tempo is still up for pilots and booms. We have gotten a few good deal deployments as of late, Guam and Curaçao. Both 30 dayers. Just had the mid point for the NoRI. So hopefully the genex's will lighten up, that has been a huge morale killer. New sq commander and wg commander. So time will tell if things get better. The location is great though for sure. It's just leadership that makes it bad for everyone, just like every other place. The runway is closing for repairs in Oct time frame for 60 days. Realistically it will be more like 90. Still no real plan on what they are doing with the jets. Just don't plan on being home for that time period. Shoot a PM if you have any other questions. 

Sidenote, the new wg commander, through Rumint got the job through some wrangling from her 2 star hubby that is also at macdill. Not verified just what we have heard. But is a better option than the guy who was going to take it the old Fairchild GP cmdr. 

Cheers. 

Craftsman

Edited by Craftsman
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Craftsman said:

The ops tempo is still up for pilots and booms. We have gotten a few good deal deployments as of late, Guam and Curaçao. Both 30 dayers. Just had the mid point for the NoRI. So hopefully the genex's will lighten up, that has been a huge morale killer. New sq commander and wg commander. So time will tell if things get better. The location is great though for sure. It's just leadership that makes it bad for everyone, just like every other place. The runway is closing for repairs in Oct time frame for 60 days. Realistically it will be more like 90. Still no real plan on what they are doing with the jets. Just don't plan on being home for that time period. Shoot a PM if you have any other questions. 

Sidenote, the new wg commander, through Rumint got the job through some wrangling from her 2 star hubby that is also at macdill. Not verified just what we have heard. But is a better option than the guy who was going to take it the old Fairchild GP cmdr. 

Cheers. 

Craftsman

I know the guy who was tapped to be the Wing King initially, and then was told she was going there. Trust me, it worked out for Macdill.

• 10 months later...

i did some searching, but my abilities are not as good as i'd hoped. so this looks like the best place to ask a question.

i just caught a 180 to tampastan for a air ops staff officer gig. as i understand it that means i could be filling a number of different positions, as the info slowly trickles in does any one have some recent experience down there? living arrangements, work schedules, etc.