Military Discounts

Guest J10B

Guest J10B

Recently I have been asking the local restuarant in my area if they have a military discount. I have found that any military member that doesn't ask is cheating themselves.

I went to On the Border, got 50% OFF!! I understand its like a one day a week deal but my hostess reaped the benifit via a nice tip

Bennigans Pub offers 20% off.

Smokey Bones 10%

Ill be asking at Red Lobster and a few more.

These are local or places I went in military cities. Point being is ask you server. You may be pleasantly surprised.

[ 04. July 2006, 03:20: Message edited by: Toro ]

• 4 weeks later...

I am sure a lot of people ask about this, but a lot of bars waive the cover charge for military. I have also found that when you hit cities a few hours away from base, they are usually even more friendly to military because we are more rare there than in a "military town." I have gotten in free to plenty of $10 cover bars, and one $10 bar even let me and my girlfriend in for free because of military discount.

• 1 year later...

Oakley has an unbelievable military discount. You have to call them up to get the forms but you get anywhere from 40-60% off of almost all thier stuff. The only catch is it must be a dark color and the lens has to comply with uniform regs. If anyone needs the forms I got them, PM me, or call them yourself. A great deal though.

• 11 months later...

I just got back from Gatlinburg, TN and every place down there offered military discounts. We stayed at Stonybrook Lodging which you can book through the ITT office on base. Every attraction in that area offered discounts and some were even free when they were charging the public $15 to get in. It was pretty awesome to receive that support! Great vacation spot with the Smokies nearby. Just watch out for the black bears, had one nearby our cabin one morning!

KMart also has the 10% discount, make sure you ask.

T-Mobile has a very small discount...but be prepared to jump through some hoops, they put you down as a "corporate customer" and you can't go to a T-Mobile store for support anymore, you have to do it all over the phone with their corporate help desk.

Guest Dwight Schrute

For the skiers and boarders:

Almost every place in the Tahoe area gives a discount. A Squaw Valley lift ticket is normally seventy some bucks, but with a mil id it is free! The couple ahead of me borrowed a friends id for his girlfriend and it worked. They don't even look at the picture. I have heard that many of the other ski areas have military mondays and some are hugely discounted all the time. For you Beale and Travis guys (if you didn't know already) call a few places and ask. It is awesome to get on the mtn for free.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

For all you travelers out there, check out http://www.afvclub.com/ It is the armed forces vacation club and they offer reduced rates at hotels and time shares all over the world. There are literally thousands of participants at some pretty good locations. It is a club and you need a member number, but registration and membership are free. My wife and I have been using it for about 7 years now and have stayed at some pretty good resorts for skiing and at the beach. The cost no matter where you stay is $329 for 7 nights, whether it is a 3 star or 5 star. We usually stay at the Playa Grande down in Cabo for our annual fishing/golfing/diving trip. That resort usually goes for $2500 for a week and we stay for $329....get the picture? The only catch is that the best deals are usually last minute (3-4 weeks in advance) so you have to check it regulary. Anyway, thought it was worth mentioning...we have had great luck with it.

cheers,

Sparky

http://www.lowcountrywinery.com/shop/

In case any of yall ever come to Beaufort - 10% discount. And the wine is good stuff!

One of the owners asked me if I'm in the military when my wife and I were there - I told the owner that I wasn't yet but that I had just gotten a Pilot slot (PA ANG), so I will be soon. She gave me the discount anyway.

• 1 month later...

Apparently Thirfty has a discount. I'm not sure if its on the car rentals or just their parking (they have parking lots near some airport) but I got 30% off two weeks of parking when the attendant noticed the DoD sticker on my windshield as I paid. Saved me a pretty penny.

• 3 months later...

Little late as well, but here in Tampa the Lightning (Hockey) have 2 free tickets every home game with Mil ID (retired, Dep) anything.

FYI, check into things a bit more this special is actually run by a local country radio station (WQYK) called hometown heroes, and its actually the radio station payign for the tickets.

As well every season the Devil Rays have a military apprecciation night, and its decent tickets, as well I think every game its half off admission price (I might be wrong)

• 9 months later...

Squaw isn't the only one with FREE lift tickets for those in the military. Here are the other ones (in case you live/visit the Sac area):

Northstar (free on Sundays only)

Homewood (free all day, every day)

Alpine

If you have ground time @ Travis, you can rent skis on base for about $15/day. The drive to Tahoe from Travis is about 2.5 hrs. Enjoy!!

• 9 months later...

My fiance' (also in the AF Reserve) just flew down to New Orleans from Atlanta (she works for Delta, flies free) and got a free wedding dress. She wasn't interested in a fancy wedding dress but there is something called "military brides" or something and they were giving out free brides gowns on Veterans Day. She didn't go on Veterans Day cause she figured there was a catch or the dresses were probably not all that. Another girl in our unit went down and got one and said the price on it was $4k and she got it absolutely free. My fiance' called the place up and asked if they still had the deal going on the day after Veterans Day. They said they had about 29 dresses left and would hook her up. She non-revved down there this morning and was on the door step 1 hour prior to them opening and got one. She picked one that had a $1600 price tag on it and passed on one that had a $4k price.

• 2 months later...
Lowe's military discount now year-round

Most members of the military community no longer will have to wait for a special holiday discount to buy shovels, paint, and other home improvement needs.Home improvement retailer Lowe's has expanded its 10 percent military discount to all day, everyday, for active-duty, National Guard and reserve, retiree and disabled service members, and their families, company officials announced Wednesday.

Those who want to receive the discount must present a valid military ID card.

All other military veterans will receive the 10 percent discount on the holiday weekends of Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Veterans Day.

The discount is available on in-stock and special-order purchases of up to $5,000. It cannot be used on sales at Lowes.com, on previous sales, or on sales of services or gift cards.

"Lowe's was founded on the heels of World War II by veterans Jim Lowe and Carl Buchan and has always been a supporter of the military," said Larry D. Stone, Lowe's president and chief operating officer, in a statement announcing the new policy.

"The year-round discount program is one way we are reaffirming our commitment to the thousands of men and women who are serving throughout the world, as well as their family members at home."

Edited by TacAirCoug

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest lcarlisle

Hi Guest_ J10B_*,

I came across your post doing some web work for GM. Thought it might be helpful for people to know that GM has a military discount available to active duty members and Reserves. If you aren't familiar with it, all the details are on www.gmmilitarydiscount.com.

There's also a Facebook page that aims to bring military families together to share their experiences. Check it out when you have some time: http://www.facebook.com/gmmilitaryprogram

Best,

Lauren

Edited by lcarlisle