Military Discounts

Guest J10B

For those of you living in Texas, if you have a MOH, Purple Heart, DFC, AF Cross, Air Medal, plus a couple others, you can get a medal tag license plate through TxDOT which allows free parking at state locations....such as an airport like DFW which beats the bejesus out of employee parking. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I'm taking the wife and her sister to Orlando 23 March - 1 April.   Just found out it's the only time Disney World has blackout dates on their tickets ITT sells because of spring break.  Is there any way around this or other places that offer discounts?

On 3/15/2016 at 7:22 PM, Goblin said:

Busch Gardens in Tampa also has the 100% discount. It's an either-or with SeaWorld

I just got an e-mail from SeaWorld, apparently they're in a major PR campaign to recover from the recent "documentary" about their whales. Anywho, I would probably steer clear of there for the next year or so, as they're likely to be doing serious construction. I'm taking the wife and 4 month old to Florida as well, and we'll likely check out BG this year, and SW next year (after they should be done with the construction).

Busch Gardens in Tampa also has the 100% discount. It's an either-or with SeaWorld

I just got an e-mail from SeaWorld, apparently they're in a major PR campaign to recover from the recent "documentary" about their whales. Anywho, I would probably steer clear of there for the next year or so, as they're likely to be doing serious construction. I'm taking the wife and 4 month old to Florida as well, and we'll likely check out BG this year, and SW next year (after they should be done with the construction).

Let me know when you're in Tampa. First one is on me.

Newegg offering premiere free for military for one year, might help out some of you overseas.  

http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/16-1748/index.html

Also, just wanted to add another comment about Barclay, just got their Gold Card which they waive the 1000 a year fee and 0% apr with the SCRA.  Plus you get 1000 statement credit back after spending 3k in 3 months.  Not a bad deal.

http://www.luxurycard.com/goldcard

Newegg offering premiere free for military for one year, might help out some of you overseas.  

http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/16-1748/index.html

Also, just wanted to add another comment about Barclay, just got their Gold Card which they waive the 1000 a year fee and 0% apr with the SCRA.  Plus you get 1000 statement credit back after spending 3k in 3 months.  Not a bad deal.

Is the 0% APR indef or some just some intro period?

My Barclaycard (the "Arrival+ Card") is indefinitely at 0%APR and ALL fees are waived -- thanks to their SCRA policy.

I would assume that will change when I leave active duty, but I know nothing about Barclaycard's mechanism for verifying that I'm still active.

I signed up for the card first, and then called them a week later. $10k in free credit, and the rewards are pretty nice.

It's my PCS card now. My GTC never even got used during my last PCS.

On 3/22/2016 at 11:23 PM, Orbit said:

Solid find! Have you tried the "Airport Meet & Greet" benefit yet?

2 hours ago, DFRESH said:

Solid find! Have you tried the "Airport Meet & Greet" benefit yet?

Nope, I think it is only 15% off that service.  The Amex Platinum seems to have better benefits overall, but for spending the gold card is better at 2% statement credit and obviously the 1000 back after spending 3k in the first 3 months.  

https://www.myluxurycard.com/servicing/img/base/guideBenefits/BAR-5548-5_Gold%20Card_MC_WE.pdf?domainCPC=LXB

Edited by Orbit

• 11 months later...
Anybody get one of these from Barclaycard recently? Looks like they're not going to hook it up anymore. I just hope they don't try to come after a retroactive annual fee..

e63b9750c990f01038b537d3ff41d41a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Looks like their not trying to collect retroactively - someone I know was told that when the card is up for renewal they will charge the fee, but not until then.

I have just a regular barclay card through the Apple Store and it's still 0% and no fees in case you still want the 0%.

They stopped doing the 0% for new accounts a while ago. Existing accounts are grandfathered in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Christmas in July!

"When you sign up for the MVP M life Rewards card you’ll receive an automatic upgrade to Pearl which includes great benefits such as free self-parking, a designated buffet line and much more."

MGM Resorts recognizes the exceptional sacrifices and efforts of those who serve in our armed forces. To show our gratitude, MGM Resorts has created a special "Military & Veterans Program" (MVP). The program is available to any active duty military, members of the National Guard & Reserve, retired military, prior service and spouse of eligible military personnel. MVP members receive special discounts on rooms, restaurants, shows and attractions. We've also created a special MVP M life Rewards card that gives an automatic upgrade to Pearl status and the benefits that accompany that M life Rewards tier.

e5a5ae9116c262f837d7797c0c5ad007.jpg
MGM must really want to show their appreciation to the Eagle drivers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk