B*D*A

Latest Movies

not a movie BUT did anyone see the new documentary on Amelia Earhart?  It featured former fighter pilot/author Dan Hampton. I thought it was pretty good - I always take history channel documentaries with a grain of salt though.

9189283.jpg

Speaking of movies...

If anybody was considering, stay away from the Beguiled. The previews made it out to be a 19th century Misery-esque horror movie. It turned to be a mind numbingly boring steaming pile of shit with no point and zero redeeming qualities. The movie ended with a cut to black and I literally yelled out loud, "Are you ing kidding me?!"

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network Forums

16 hours ago, Toro said:

If anybody was considering, stay away from the Beguiled. The previews made it out to be a 19th century Misery-esque horror movie. It turned to be a mind numbingly boring steaming pile of shit with no point and zero redeeming qualities. The movie ended with a cut to black and I literally yelled out loud, "Are you ing kidding me?!"

Sent from my iPad using Baseops Network Forums

Bro, based off this picture, I don't know anyone that would be considering that movie. :beer:MV5BMTg5NjY3NDYxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjI5

• Upvote 6

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 5:06 PM, Day Man said:

Bro, based off this picture, I don't know anyone that would be considering that movie. :beer:MV5BMTg5NjY3NDYxMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjI5

The dick-in-the-popcorn technique works best if she's into the movie.

23 hours ago, di1630 said:

Who's got the skinny on Dunkirk?

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

Dunkirk is good.  Character development and dialogue are pretty lacking, but the tension is amazingly well done.
Definitely worth watching on a big screen.

• Upvote 1

Dunkirk tonight.  So So IMO.  Cinematography was good.  Story line and phasing of movie takes some getting used to.  Dialog hard to hear/understand at some points.  If you know the history of this situation, you can make it all work.  Anyone that doesn't (like my smoking hot blonde wife sitting next to me)....she would have been lost if I hadn't explained what happened in a historical sense at Dunkirk (before the movie).

For the flying parts, most excellent Spitfire action that any aviator will enjoy.....up to a point.  Not going to spoil it, but any of you will know when to suspend a little physics.

Cheers

ATIS

• Upvote 1

On July 22, 2017 at 8:19 PM, ATIS said:

Anyone that doesn't (like my smoking hot blonde wife sitting next to me)....she would have been lost if I hadn't explained what happened in a historical sense at Dunkirk (before the movie).

How "smoking hot" does she have to be to not know the history?  Pics would probably be helpful...

• Upvote 1

The Hitman's Bodyguard.

Opens next week; got to go to an advance screening with wife.

Predictable, a lot of over the top violence, not much skin.

Absolutely great writing for the lines between Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds.  A lot of funny bits, not just the usual one or two in most movies. 

Recommend.  :mosh:

On 8/12/2017 at 11:37 PM, brickhistory said:

The Hitman's Bodyguard.

Opens next week; got to go to an advance screening with wife.

Predictable, a lot of over the top violence, not much skin.

Absolutely great writing for the lines between Samuel L. Jackson and Ryan Reynolds.  A lot of funny bits, not just the usual one or two in most movies. 

Recommend.  :mosh:

Concur

"It" was awesome. Very true to the spirit of the book (and most of the plot), and they finally made the clown as scary as the book portrays. Great movie on its own, but probably in the running for the best horror movie ever made.

Blade Runner 2049:

I'm a huge fan of the original 1982 Blade Runner, probably the top 5 of sci fi movies ever made. 

1)  The quality of the filmmaking and cinematography is just outstanding.  Visually just awesome, you need to see this on the big screen with the sound...period. 

2) Story.  If you aren't familiar with the original, you won't follow 2049.  The 1982 story is just classic.  Man-made slaves looking for "...more life...fu&ker" and  trying to find the meaning of life before they are "lost... like tears... in rain".  No spoilers here, but I was kept wondering what the answers were to particular questions raised as the movie moved along. 

3)  Harrison Ford does much better in this role than as Han Solo in the Star Wars remake.  Ryan Gosling is terrific as well. 

Was I blown away, no....I am trying to put my finger on why.  I think....like the original....this movie will grow on me as well.  I just think the original story line from 1982 is a hard one to follow.  I will probably find myself watching reruns of the original Blade Runner or Interstellar more than 2049. 

I'm glad I went to see it, and if you are a fan of the original....you will as well.

Cheers

ATIS

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed the shit out of it. 

I think one one of the things that should holding you back from being blown away is Gosling’s slightly off putting “affect” for lack of a better term. I think if you watch it again that will make a little more sense and it will click in. 

Recommend. 

Three thumbs up (bqzip’s mom)

• Upvote 1

There's some short films to tie the movies together with some of the things that were mentioned.

• Upvote 1

Good stuff there 17D. I was curious about the black out period mentioned in 2049. 

ATIS

• Upvote 1

Blade Runner 2049 was absolutely and without a shadow of a doubt the best movie of 2017!

• Upvote 1